• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Absolute proof Tebow was black balled and was plenty good enough...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Tebow's numbers in a very passing friendly league aren't that bad when you compare him to QB's who debuted in the league 10-30 years ago when the rules were more defense friendly"

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are kidding right? 3 QB's since the 90's have been unable to throw for 48% completions with at least 300 attempts. Craig Whielehan. Mike McMahon. Tim Tebow. Highest fumble rate EVER of any QB in the modern era as well.

Guy had the same weapons as Peyton Manning and led the least productive passing offense in the league. Think about that for a second. Eric Decker with Tebow was the least productive starting WR in the NFL. A guy who can go for 220 yards with fucking Geno Smith throwing him the ball. Elway looked at the weapons around him and realized it would be the biggest waste in the world to have all that talent and put it with a QB that can't throw the football with any consistency. Maybe Elway is a really shitty GM, maybe you know more about QB talent than he does. I don't know, but I doubt that to be true.

And he was given chances...

The Jets who gave up picks to get him and wanted him to try and win a job, and he shows up and was the worst throwing QB in the pre-season. The WORST. Then in practice can't even beat out Greg McElroy. A guy who's entire NFL career spanned 1 game.

The Patriots, the ultimate reclamation team tried him. Again he was almost the worst throwing QB in pre-season (the 2 guys worse were out of the league before Tebow). And he was playing with the 3rd team. That's where guys are putting up 120 QB ratings left and right that have no business on the field in regular games. And he's just awful there. And they wanted a special teams coverage player for 2 weeks on the roster instead of him. Having no #3 QB was more valuable to them than Tebow as the #3 QB.

My eagles released him for a waiver pickup because he couldn't look better than training camp bodies in pre-season.

He got his shots and over 3 different teams couldn't beat out crappy players who are out of the league. Why should he still be in it if he can't even come close to outplaying guys who aren't in it.

Should teams say "well you won a playoff game in a year you were right between John Skelton and Christian Ponder in QBR, looking up at Rex Grossman ahead of you, and never again looked anything close to that in any practice or pre-season game, so here's our starting QB gig".

Should they say "well you didn't beat out this QB on the practice field, you didn't beat out this QB in pre-season, but here, have his job because even though he beat you out for it you are Tim Tebow and he isn't"

What we have to go by is ACTUAL NFL SCOUTS. ACTUAL PRACTICES. ABILITY TO IMPROVE. Beating the guy ahead of you on the depth chart. At some point in the NFL you actually have to beat out your competition for a gig. After 4 years of not being able to do that once, he was out of the league.

Well I would say that Super Bowl trophy, 2nd most wins of the past 4 years, 2 AFC Championship trophies, an MVP, most explosive offense in NFL history, and so on would show Elway kind of knows what he is doing when it comes to talent evaluation and putting together a Championship caliber team. And well of course we see where Tebow is now barely hanging on at one of the lowest levels of baseball that there is. Again I like Tebow and appreciate his time in Denver but it just baffles me that people still view him as an NFL caliber QB. He did not get black balled out of the NFL. He was given more chances than most players get with his level of talent and at each spot he just showed he wasn't an NFL caliber QB.

Guywithtoaster

Don't bane the dillies!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,515.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Tebow's main problem was that he held the ball too low and had horrible throwing technique. I remember announcers constantly bringing it up during games. I remember them saying it drove the Denver coaches crazy. You can trash Elway and other QB's in the NFL all you want, but I've never heard any announcers question the throwing technique of a QB at the professional level. Its like a baseball player that doesn't how to throw a pitch or basketball player that can't dribble or shoot properly. When your at that level of game, basic techniques should never come into question.

It's hard to look back and say the Broncos made the wrong choice, after all they have had 2 super bowl appearances and 1 super bowl victory.

You think Tebow would have at least gotten a shot on the Browns or something. He was a lot of fun to watch.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Tebow's main problem was that he held the ball too low and had horrible throwing technique. I remember announcers constantly bringing it up during games. I remember them saying it drove the Denver coaches crazy. You can trash Elway and other QB's in the NFL all you want, but I've never heard any announcers question the throwing technique of a QB at the professional level. Its like a baseball player that doesn't how to throw a pitch or basketball player that can't dribble or shoot properly. When your at that level of game, basic techniques should never come into question.

It's hard to look back and say the Broncos made the wrong choice, after all they have had 2 super bowl appearances and 1 super bowl victory.

You think Tebow would have at least gotten a shot on the Browns or something. He was a lot of fun to watch.

Something that people have forgotten in this situation is that Tebow had the perfect situation to go to where he would have had a huge following, owner that wanted him to start, and no clear actual starter on the team. The Broncos received 2 offers for Tebow: The Jets and the Jaguars. The Jaguars were having trouble selling tickets at the time and the owner saw Tebow as the perfect way to get sold out games. If I remember right Gabbert was on his way out of town around that point so Tebow would have had a clear shot to start day 1. Elway came to Tebow and said that he could pick which one he wanted. The Jaguars offer was actually better but the Broncos were nice enough to give him the choice and he chose the Jets because they were a bigger market to brand himself better.

As for the throwing motion yeah the Broncos tried to work on him with that quite a bit. What drove every team he went to more nuts though wasn't the throwing motion but the fact that Tebow was really struggling to learn the playbook and he kept making the same mistakes over and over. You expect a young QB to make mistakes but you also expect them to work on those mistakes and improve as time goes on. Tebow was still making the exact same mistakes his rookie year as he was 3 years later.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I thought I was a Tebow homer. Oh wait, I am. OP is right. Tebow will forever be my favorite Bronco. A true role model.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do we have to talk about a guy who not only can not play football at a professional level nor baseball? Why do we have not one but two Tebow threads, when one is too many.

SDPaddlefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,390.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another case of measuring a player simply by a small sample of stats

32 teams didn't miss

And I don't think loving God gets you blackballed in this league

Ray Rice dropped his wife in front of America with a right cross, and he wasn't even black balled, he was just washed up as a football player

Tebow just wasn't good, regardless of what small sample of stats are used to try to prove otherwise
And 32 teams passed on future HOF'er Kurt Warner. Your point?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And 32 teams passed on future HOF'er Kurt Warner. Your point?

Kurt Warner isn't throwing the football 20 rows up when the player is 10 yards away. Believe me I was hoping Tebow could develop. His late game heroics became a thing of legends in Denver. I loved what he brought to the table when the team absolutely needed a big play. Teams though cannot have consistent success with a player that cannot do anything for the first 55 minutes of a game. What the Broncos defense did in 2011 is very underrated to the story of that season. They played a ridiculous number of minutes and kept the opposing teams in check to give Tebow that chance at the end. Again though that just isn't a sustainable way of trying to operate.

Also remember with Warner he had Mike Holmgren tell him that he had enormous potential but that he just wasn't quite ready for the NFL. So he did what so many coaches have told Tebow to do and went and played Arena Football to hone his skills and get live action opportunities. He found great success during his time there and then was given another opportunity with the Bears. Unfortunately for him right before his try out he was bitten by a spider on his throwing arm and could not attend. So he had to wait another year and then in 1998 was signed by the Rams. Before that season though I think he went and did a season in the NFL Europe league.
Finally 1999 was when he got his first real opportunity when Green tore his ACL. So it was a long journey that took him a while to develop his skills and truly be ready for the NFL. I think if Tebow had been willing to put in that kind of work and really test his game in either the Arena League, NFL Europe, or go to Canada for a while maybe he would have found that same type of success. He just didn't want to take that path and from what I have read NFL teams have thought that was a sign that he really isn't as committed to being an NFL QB as that of what he says.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is there not a Kurt Warner movie yet?

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard he was blue balled from his strict views on masturbation and pre marital sex.

On the other hand, Geno Smith is starting in the NFL this week......

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blackballed for what exactly? Did he beat his wife? DUI? Sexual assault? Did he OJ Hernandez someone? Is it his attitude problem? What is it that Tebow did beside play like complete fucking shit 95% of the time he was on the field to deserve getting blackballed?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blackballed for what exactly? Did he beat his wife? DUI? Sexual assault? Did he OJ Hernandez someone? Is it his attitude problem? What is it that Tebow did beside play like complete fucking shit 95% of the time he was on the field to deserve getting blackballed?

Media cult, obviously.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard he was blue balled from his strict views on masturbation and pre marital sex.

On the other hand, Geno Smith is starting in the NFL this week......

Gino at least has an NFL arm. He blows but he has more NFL talent than Tebow.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gino at least has an NFL arm. He blows but he has more NFL talent than Tebow.

Geno Smith couldn't think his way out of a corn maze.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any Idea who has conspired to get rid of Tebow?
Has to be someone really powerful. You know based on the amazing stats the OP posted. My guess is the Illuminati...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he never got another shot.

Tebow is a gamer, not a practice player. He proved that his entire life as he was his best on the grandest stages.
Well, I'll agree with that. From what I read he SUCKS as a practice player.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was he blackballed?
Lack of talent:noidea: Those damn NFL teams are so biased against players with no talent. It just burns me up. Shitty players lives matter!!!