• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

About Traveling to the Game on Sat.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you get "holier than thou" out of that?

Never mind. I don't even want to know.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love and respect Tom Osborne the coach and even the politician, but this sounds like an AD who wants to maintain his "holier than thou" attitude. Again, I woulld not be worried if I were in State College. Students rioted in the immediate hours after their beloved coach was fired. To make the judgment that rioting will extended to Nebraska fans (unrelated to the mess) and occur on Saturday (days after the fact), seems absurd to me. If you guys disagree, then fine. Sell your tickets to someone who truly wants to see the game.

It's a volatile environment down there. I don't think you get it. 110,000 of these fans will be there, they'll be drinking, and they've been given an example of what to do by a couple hundred PSU fans.

It could easily get very ugly.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom osborne has said that security is ramped up and their is a student led group that is welcoming Nebraska to state college

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love and respect Tom Osborne the coach and even the politician, but this sounds like an AD who wants to maintain his "holier than thou" attitude. Again, I woulld not be worried if I were in State College. Students rioted in the immediate hours after their beloved coach was fired. To make the judgment that rioting will extended to Nebraska fans (unrelated to the mess) and occur on Saturday (days after the fact), seems absurd to me. If you guys disagree, then fine. Sell your tickets to someone who truly wants to see the game.

The absurdity is in the act of rioting itself. I seriously doubt this will be considered Old News by this Sat. for the fanatics. It only takes 1 for the stupidity to quickly spread out of control. It's not OK to take the kids, but 1 person alone should have nothing to worry about huh?

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I didn't watch all of it but it seemed like the crowd was pretty tame. I didn't see any overturned vehicles, any light posts down, no fires or even looted buildings.

It just looks like a crowd getting sprayed by overzealous police.

If I was afraid of injury there it would of been from the police. You guys have some pricks on your police force.

Watch the part after the interviews (around 5:10). Or this video:

Halloween On State Street 2004 - YouTube

It's not in any of the videos I've found but there was a squad car overturned and set on fire at one point. Also the windows of most shops along State Street were smashed. I went for breakfast the next morning, and saw that a liquor store had been looted clean but the electronics store next door wasn't touched (windows smashed, but the merchandise was still there). Figures...

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

For the love of God.........there is a reason to be legitimately concerned here......

You can be 500 lbs of solid muscle, but a crowd of crazy people will swallow you whole. Yea last night wasn't THAT bad, but several people went to the hospital.......several people had glass broken into their face..........several people had their vehicles and businesses damaged.

When kids go into a rage like that, they don't think. They aren't going to be concerned about whether or not they are hurting people.........they just want to destroy shit to prove a point.

These kids are going to get up at 6 am and start drinking Saturday.........it's going to get crazy. And if they see little red guys walking around on their campus after a Penn State loss, more than likely there will be several jackasses who will be willing to take it out on them.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Husker fans are going to be safer than a man named McQueary, but still, caution is the best policy.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the part after the interviews (around 5:10). Or this video:

Halloween On State Street 2004 - YouTube

It's not in any of the videos I've found but there was a squad car overturned and set on fire at one point. Also the windows of most shops along State Street were smashed. I went for breakfast the next morning, and saw that a liquor store had been looted clean but the electronics store next door wasn't touched (windows smashed, but the merchandise was still there). Figures...

Fucking classic.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]z-L3D8vKBCM[/YOUTUBE]

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash