• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

About Traveling to the Game on Sat.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have tickets, are you still going to this game? I would have serious issues walking into this wasp nest on Saturday. I would either try to sell my tickets or just go ahead and eat them all together.
I'm questioning whether the game should be played at all, but in no circumstance would I walk my family into a potentially hazardous environment like this after seeing the spectacle on TV last night.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure as hell wouldn't go.

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would still go...... but I would not take family.

I would treat it no differently than any of the times I went to a game in boulder. And I would have penn state gear on under my huskers...

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is pretty rough place to play even without this type of crap going on... but I think it will be controlled... Just don't react to their provocation and cheer on the Huskers...

I know... I know... How much shit do you take before you react?

Answer is... depends on where you want to sleep that night.... LOL

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man. Can't be worse than college station

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh... CU was the place I seen most BS...

But, this is a different animal... emotions running high and kids jumping on a cause...!

Too bad they are not recognizing the bigger picture here... what a surprise!!!

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You Nebraska fans are hilarious. People tip over one media truck and you guys act like you are going to get murdered there. Yes, Penn State fans can be pricks, but they aren't going to kill you. I understand HH's position to not take kids, but to not go yourself just seems bizarre. If you feel that threatened, always travel with Nebraska fans, but this is a big football game.

As for the game not being played, what exactly would that accomplish? The players have worked their butts off. The victims are probably being bombarded with this story everywhere. The best way for people to move on with their lives is for normalcy to return, and football will be a major part of that healing. If you really care about State College or the kids whose lives have been damaged, the best thing to do is go to the game and act as normal as possible.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would still go...... but I would not take family.

I would treat it no differently than any of the times I went to a game in boulder. And I would have penn state gear on under my huskers...

LOL that reminds me of that King of the hill episode where Nebraska beats Texas

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was scarred for life in the 2001 game. There were grown men getting in my 11 year old little sisters face.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes smart safety is hilarious. Sounds like it will be a wonderful weekend event.

The football game itself seems quite trivial at this point after knowing what the university went through to preserve it

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone has an extra ticket. Send me a plane ticket too

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes smart safety is hilarious. Sounds like it will be a wonderful weekend event.

The football game itself seems quite trivial at this point after knowing what the university went through to preserve it

Again, the best way for people to move on and heal is for normalcy to return. If they delay the game, it will be in the headlines all week. Victims will be bombarded with it. There will be perpetual discussion of whether the next game will be played, etc. That's not good for anyone. The football game might seem trivial, but normalcy shoudn't be.

As for safety, I guarantee you that safety won't be a risk. People are pissed at the trustees, not Nebraska. I'd feel no risk in State College. If anything, I expect people to be behaved better than normal with the exception of some anti-trustee chants.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they are mad at the board and not Nebraska fans, but if they are tipping over trucks and lightposts, they are clearly not thinking logically. They will take out their anger on anything they can, and if it happens to be a Nebraska fan that walks by at the wrong time, or looks at someone funny, they could snap and things could go south fast. Safety is a legitamet concern here smart, and to think it will be all goody goody on Saturday would be ignorant

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You Nebraska fans are hilarious. People tip over one media truck and you guys act like you are going to get murdered there. Yes, Penn State fans can be pricks, but they aren't going to kill you. I understand HH's position to not take kids, but to not go yourself just seems bizarre. If you feel that threatened, always travel with Nebraska fans, but this is a big football game.

As for the game not being played, what exactly would that accomplish? The players have worked their butts off. The victims are probably being bombarded with this story everywhere. The best way for people to move on with their lives is for normalcy to return, and football will be a major part of that healing. If you really care about State College or the kids whose lives have been damaged, the best thing to do is go to the game and act as normal as possible.

Tip over one media truck? There were tippings, there were light poles brought down and there were fires. That is called rioting which is usually not a safe environment regardless of your position or affiliation.

I think wondering about your safety is a legitimate concern especially if Nebraska were to go in there and kick ass on a demoralized team.

While I agree the game should be played and that returning to normalcy is needed why do you have to come on our board and ridicule us because someone has a legitimate concern?

I am sure there is no one here that would not welcome you to come onto our board and participate in discussions but if you just want to vent because you got butthurt over a month ago please stay on your board.

That is called trolling and it is definitely not imaginative trolling, just the same ol, same ol shit.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys went to the Wisconsin game right? There have been riots in Madison that make what happened at Penn State last night look mild. I didn't even see SWAT teams.

http://youtu.be/4ALkUtxsy8Y

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I didn't watch all of it but it seemed like the crowd was pretty tame. I didn't see any overturned vehicles, any light posts down, no fires or even looted buildings.

It just looks like a crowd getting sprayed by overzealous police.

If I was afraid of injury there it would of been from the police. You guys have some pricks on your police force.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T O recommends those traveling to the game not to wear our school colors. Hows that, for no big deal?

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T O recommends those traveling to the game not to wear our school colors. Hows that, for no big deal?

I love and respect Tom Osborne the coach and even the politician, but this sounds like an AD who wants to maintain his "holier than thou" attitude. Again, I woulld not be worried if I were in State College. Students rioted in the immediate hours after their beloved coach was fired. To make the judgment that rioting will extended to Nebraska fans (unrelated to the mess) and occur on Saturday (days after the fact), seems absurd to me. If you guys disagree, then fine. Sell your tickets to someone who truly wants to see the game.