• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Goldsmith?

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I can gather, Dave Sims has been over on the radio side while Aaron Goldsmith has joined Blowers on the TV side. I don't mind Dave, I know most of you can't stand him, but this isn't a Dave rant thread. It's actually a "Shut the f$%& up Aaron Goldsmith!" rant thread. Is it me or does this dude never shut the f$%& up? Just sayin', he can take his "radio" voice back to radio.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just for the road trip. Will be Goldsmith and Rizzs back on the radio side starting tonight.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whew, thanks Cezero!

If only we could get the Rizzer on TV.......

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sims being a clown aside, we as fans have been spoiled by having one of the best story tellers of all time in Neihaus. No matter what the next guy up will irritate us. I don't mind Goldsmith and Rizz but everyone else who enters the booth for the Mariners just makes me want to change the channel or dial. I like Blowers as a person but man he is brutal to listen to on the radio, you can play a drinking game for everytime he mentions Lou Pinella.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listen to M's games 100% of the time, and i would rather have Goldsmith and Sims talking anyday

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listen to M's games 100% of the time, and i would rather have Goldsmith and Sims talking anyday

Did you mean "than sims"?

Or do you wish Sims would replace Rizzs?

I'm confused.

Anyway, I listened to games for the first time in a long time this past weekend....lots of driving. It's how I heard Sims say the switch between tv/radio was just for the road trip.

I thought Sims was even more obnoxious on the radio than he is on TV. I think it was mostly because he had to talk more.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you mean "than sims"?

Or do you wish Sims would replace Rizzs?

I'm confused.

Anyway, I listened to games for the first time in a long time this past weekend....lots of driving. It's how I heard Sims say the switch between tv/radio was just for the road trip.

I thought Sims was even more obnoxious on the radio than he is on TV. I think it was mostly because he had to talk more.
You are correct, that was a typo by me. Goldsmith > Sims

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sims and Blowers are absolutely the worst announcing crew in all of sports. It makes me kinda sick to think that we have to listen to these tools for years to come.

When Blowers gets going he does about 500 words per minute and its like fingernails on a chalkboard listening to his nasally voice.
I've noticed more of a disconnect between Blowers and whoever he is working with lately too where they will be talking and they ask him his opinion on the subject and he just starts blabbing about something else. Its happened a lot lately.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sims being a clown aside, we as fans have been spoiled by having one of the best story tellers of all time in Neihaus. No matter what the next guy up will irritate us. I don't mind Goldsmith and Rizz but everyone else who enters the booth for the Mariners just makes me want to change the channel or dial. I like Blowers as a person but man he is brutal to listen to on the radio, you can play a drinking game for everytime he mentions Lou Pinella.
Amen to that brother! Miss that guy, gone too soon; he was the voice of my childhood. Can't be replaced.

The GOAT aside, I must be in the minority in that I've gotten use to Mike & Dave. Rizz trumps all of these guy's, but living in Phoenix now I watch via Directv's Extra Innings package; no radio broadcast, all Root. I will say, I love it when the Bone is on the broadcast. Although, he may be too much of a fan to be in the booth full time.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen to that brother! Miss that guy, gone too soon; he was the voice of my childhood. Can't be replaced.

The GOAT aside, I must be in the minority in that I've gotten use to Mike & Dave. Rizz trumps all of these guy's, but living in Phoenix now I watch via Directv's Extra Innings package; no radio broadcast, all Root. I will say, I love it when the Bone is on the broadcast. Although, he may be too much of a fan to be in the booth full time.

Buhner is awesome in the booth.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand why Blowers talks about Pinella alot. The Pinella era of Mariner baseball is the only era of Mariner baseball worth talking about.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand why Blowers talks about Pinella alot. The Pinella era of Mariner baseball is the only era of Mariner baseball worth talking about.

Completely true but I can understand Buhner coming in and talking about Lou every now and then (even though I think Buhner is worse than Blowers) but not a guy who calls nearly every game, especially now that he is starting to replay the same stories. To each his own I just can't stand the combo of Blowers and Sims and Sims and anyone.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Buhner is a good commentator at all. There are more adjectives than squishy.

Love his energy, and wish they could entreat him to pursue the coaching side, though.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sims is terrible, I rant about him whenever I get the chance.

Goldsmith I thought was an upgrade, I feel like he's a bit mundane/monotone in his announcing style though. Doesn't really change voice pitch very frequently.

I like Rizz a lot. I feel like a lot of people don't like him, but I like him a lot. I'd love it if he was back on TV.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I record the games and zip through them a lot so I don't listen much to either like I did back in the day with DN. Sims does bore me to death with his long winded stories and is laughter at his own jokes.

Goldsmith is different and he tries, but half the time it seems like he isn't even watching the game when he makes calls. Like the Zunino homer the other day, he just says 'Foul ball' and keeps talking them 5 seconds later says or it is a home run. It wasn't even close to being foul. He has done that several times with balls and strikes and misses the right calls a lot. He has also said the wrong player a few times. He just seems distracted or concentrating on the pre-written questions to Blowers and can't ad-lib.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sims is terrible, I rant about him whenever I get the chance.

Goldsmith I thought was an upgrade, I feel like he's a bit mundane/monotone in his announcing style though. Doesn't really change voice pitch very frequently.

I like Rizz a lot. I feel like a lot of people don't like him, but I like him a lot. I'd love it if he was back on TV.

I agree with everything you say here about Rizzs, I haven't heard a whole lot of Goldsmith but he seems ok to me.

I would rather listen to those annoying Oakland A's fans blow their horns all game long than listen to sims/blowers.

Also I do get what you guys mean about Buhner, he's awesome as the 3rd guy in the booth sometimes though, but I couldn't see him doing all the crap blowers says in a game, stats etc. Buhner is more of a joker.

Last edited: