• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Asham on the Capitals target list....

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard this on the radio yesterday. It is a small move but makes a lot of sense. he will not be too expensive and adds a toughness but with the speed to skate and play with the top two lines if necessary. I like it.....

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard this on the radio yesterday. It is a small move but makes a lot of sense. he will not be too expensive and adds a toughness but with the speed to skate and play with the top two lines if necessary. I like it.....

The Capitlas? Do they play in the WHA? Or maybe the Mexican league? ;)

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just joking with ya 46. I think if the Caps can get their defensive troubles fixed, they're going to be cup contenders.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't. He does not have skill to play on the top 2 lines. We have plenty of 10-goal scoring forwards in house of all varities. Unless they are talking about a true second line center, I hope they make no moves in the forward department, unless it's getting rid of Semin (who they won't be able to keep long term anyway) for a D-man.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asham plays more physical consistantly than most people on the 3rd and 4th lines for the caps. I mean sure Brads and Gordo do, but they don't get the ice time to make as big of a difference as Asham could if he played on the 3rd line

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently he's on the pens radar too (*pukes*) if they can't resign cooke...although i'm pretty sure cooke wants to come back, so i hope that gets worked out. he's a douche on the ice, but a good guy off, and one that can produce.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asham plays more physical consistantly than most people on the 3rd and 4th lines for the caps. I mean sure Brads and Gordo do, but they don't get the ice time to make as big of a difference as Asham could if he played on the 3rd line

Our 4th line is pretty set, no? Steckel is great at winning draws. Bradley is physical, will step up and drop the gloves, and had a career year for goals/points (including leading the team in shorties I believe). And Gordon has shown he is versatile, physical, and can be clutch.

The 3rd line is the most open at this point. Chimera is fast and physical and I don't think Fehr is going anywhere (I'm assuming they resign him). Both of those guys have shown they are 15-25 goal scorers as well as having size and physicality.

Do you see Asham on the 2nd line? I have trouble seeing that. If not, who do you bump to fit him in? I could really only see him on the 4th line and I think we already have a solid one. I'm just not sure where he would fit in.

miamiforlife81

It's All About The U!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
apparently he's on the pens radar too (*pukes*) if they can't resign cooke...although i'm pretty sure cooke wants to come back, so i hope that gets worked out. he's a douche on the ice, but a good guy off, and one that can produce.

Cooke is a much better fit for the Pens than Asham, I think Shero will be able to resign him here, probably for around 1.5 million or so. Let's hope some team doesn't decide to overpay for him and steal him.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His days in Philly are over, so have at em bro.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our 4th line is pretty set, no? Steckel is great at winning draws. Bradley is physical, will step up and drop the gloves, and had a career year for goals/points (including leading the team in shorties I believe). And Gordon has shown he is versatile, physical, and can be clutch.

The 3rd line is the most open at this point. Chimera is fast and physical and I don't think Fehr is going anywhere (I'm assuming they resign him). Both of those guys have shown they are 15-25 goal scorers as well as having size and physicality.

Do you see Asham on the 2nd line? I have trouble seeing that. If not, who do you bump to fit him in? I could really only see him on the 4th line and I think we already have a solid one. I'm just not sure where he would fit in.

to be honest, liach should move into the 2nd line center spot and move Fehr or evn Chimera up to the 2nd line LW spot and Asham would slide in the vacant spot

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asham was a decent wing when he played with Giroux and JVR. He has decent hands and will drop em with almost anybody. He created some space for the other 2. Not sure why the Caps would want him, but to each their own. Hate to see him go and I would prefer to see him out of the east.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be honest, liach should move into the 2nd line center spot and move Fehr or evn Chimera up to the 2nd line LW spot and Asham would slide in the vacant spot

I guess I can see that. You're assuming they don't resign Flash then? I don't think Chimera is a good enough finisher to be on the 2nd. He seems pretty ideal on the 3rd line. Fehr is pretty versatile and can play on just about any line.

I don't know, I just don't see Asham as very valuable. On the season, 10 goals, 24 points, -2.... yawn.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I can see that. You're assuming they don't resign Flash then? I don't think Chimera is a good enough finisher to be on the 2nd. He seems pretty ideal on the 3rd line. Fehr is pretty versatile and can play on just about any line.

I don't know, I just don't see Asham as very valuable. On the season, 10 goals, 24 points, -2.... yawn.

well, Flash is either gone, or he is going to have to play 2nd line center, and I don't think he can because he can't win a draw to save his life...

But Asham would bring, like I said, A consistant physical play on the caps other than the 4th line. If they don't sign him, I won't be disappointed or surprised, but I don't think it woudl be a bad signing