• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A moment of acknowledgement

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All:

I just wanted to take a moment to recognize the most amazing season in SF history. 90-50 is greater than any of us could have predicted (Moxie aside, who likely saw it coming) or hoped for. It's truly phuking astonishing. I get caught up in the day to day of Cock Punch Blown Saves, guys who don't get the vaccine, the rare brain fart and the infrequent crapping of the mound BUT I am truly shocked at how deep, resilient and good this team is. We may flame out and lose a one game WC playoff. We may roll to an 11-0 post season and fourth SF trophy. Regardless, this ride has been super fun every day.

Feeling glad and blessed in the New Year to share it virtually with you guys.

Even though you're really all my alts.

L'shanna Tovah.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been around for 75 years now and this has been the most amazing season that I can remember since ... forever! I do actually remember my father going totally off the deep end during the 1951 playoffs when Thompson hit the homer. But being only 5 at the time I didn't understand anything about baseball or being a fan.
This board has been a lifesaver for me. Living in NY I rarely meet any Giant fans at all. This board is my window into the world of a Giant fan.
This season is pure magic or smoke and mirrors ... whichever one prefers. I don't know how we did any of this. I don't really recognize many of the players as being 'long time Giants'. They are just a bunch of players that wound up on the same team at the same time ... and everything just seems to work ...

As Tzill said ... none of this was ever expected .. we need to enjoy this moment as it unfolds before us ... good or bad ... this was never part of the plan .. but here we are .... and I don't think it will be repeated again next year ... or for that matter ... ever again ..

I thought we'd struggle to win 70 games ... here we are at 90 with 22 still left to play .... this is truly the most amazing Giant season that I have ever experienced .... and this board is a large part of that experience...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not certain how different next year’s team will truly be. We have already re-upped BC and there are heavy rumors about Posey signing some kind of extension that will keep him here for the rest of his career. And Belt is the prototypical FZ hitter with GG-level defense at 1st. But he will cost money and ONLY plays 1st. I am not certain he will be back. Ruf and Wade may be a good-enough substitute.

But basically, everyone else is under team control.

However, the rotation should be completely new, save for Webb. I don’t really see us keeping gas, disco or wood, unless we get pretty significant discounts, and I don’t really see that happening with any of them.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not certain how different next year’s team will truly be. We have already re-upped BC and there are heavy rumors about Posey signing some kind of extension that will keep him here for the rest of his career. And Belt is the prototypical FZ hitter with GG-level defense at 1st. But he will cost money and ONLY plays 1st. I am not certain he will be back. Ruf and Wade may be a good-enough substitute.

However, the rotation should be completely new, save for Webb. I don’t really see us keeping gas, disco or wood, unless we get pretty significant discounts, and I don’t really see that happening with any of them.
KB on line 2 for you...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and I think its going to take 105 wins to beat out the doghairs

3 @ CHC
4 v SD
3 v ATL
3 @ SD
3 @ COL
3 v AZ
3 v SD

15-7 seems do-able. Not sure how motivated the cubs, padres, rox, snakes will be to play us.

Off days: Mon 20th, Mon 27th....

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KB on line 2 for you...
Seriously, though…

Good point, but he has only been around a short time and he doesn’t quite feel like part of this team to me YET. Unless he resigns, he will just be a hired gun.

And there have been rumors of discussions already starting to lock him up…

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards need six outs. Up 2-1.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, though…

Good point, but he has only been around a short time and he doesn’t quite feel like part of this team to me YET. Unless he resigns, he will just be a hired gun.

And there have been rumors of discussions already starting to lock him up…
Exactly. I find it hard to believe they'll let him walk. They've got cash and he likes it here. Boras will Boras, but I think its 75% he stays.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You forgot, besides KB, a couple of middle infielders that the Giants need to make decisions on. Wilmer Flores has an option for 2022 that the FO will need to decide on and Donovan Solano will be a free agent as well. Estrada could replace one of them and maybe the Giants sign a free agent to a minor league deal and have him compete with Vosler to replace the other one.

As far as pitching goes, the Giants have not just 4 starters to think about, they also have 2 relievers that will be free agents (Leone and Watson), plus an option on Alvarez. I have to think that option is going to be picked up, though.

I find the free agent class for after 2022 to be really interesting. Currently, the team only has 4 guys who will be free agents after next year and two of them have team options (Longoria and McGee). Of course, if FZ does something similar to last offseason, a bunch more free agents could be added to that group.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot, besides KB, a couple of middle infielders that the Giants need to make decisions on. Wilmer Flores has an option for 2022 that the FO will need to decide on and Donovan Solano will be a free agent as well. Estrada could replace one of them and maybe the Giants sign a free agent to a minor league deal and have him compete with Vosler to replace the other one.

As far as pitching goes, the Giants have not just 4 starters to think about, they also have 2 relievers that will be free agents (Leone and Watson), plus an option on Alvarez. I have to think that option is going to be picked up, though.

I find the free agent class for after 2022 to be really interesting. Currently, the team only has 4 guys who will be free agents after next year and two of them have team options (Longoria and McGee). Of course, if FZ does something similar to last offseason, a bunch more free agents could be added to that group.
2022 FAs: Gausman, Belt, Quintana, DeSclafani, Solano, Wood, Ruf, Watson, Casali, Brebbia, Leone
Options: Posey (22/3), Cueto (22/5), Flores (3.5/0.25), Alvarez (1.5/0.1)

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2022 FAs: Gausman, Belt, Quintana, DeSclafani, Solano, Wood, Ruf, Watson, Casali, Brebbia, Leone
Options: Posey (22/3), Cueto (22/5), Flores (3.5/0.25), Alvarez (1.5/0.1)
Completely forgot about Quintana.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the schedule ... the Pads have an opportunity to really define what happens in the NL West.

They are currently the positioned as the 2nd WC team. They have 65 losses at the moment. There are a number of teams chasing them. They have 67 to 68 losses.

Their next 3 games are with the Doggies and that's followed by 4 with us. These 7 games could define their future.. as well as shape ours. They have 10 with us and 6 with the Doggies in total. I'm thinking they may be holding the keys to the NL West division title.