• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Look Back at the 1990 football season

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It simply AMAZES me how you guys want to change history to try and make Holgorsen look better:
Tales from the West Virginia Mountaineers Sideline: A Collection of the ... - Don Nehlen - Google Books

Take a look at Nehlen's own words.

Caperton Indoor Facility - WVU Athletics

Take a look at the WVU athletic website

Once again, don't answer the original question poised to you. The Caperton Indoor Facility was dedicated in 1997 with a 90 yard indoor practice field. The Shell Building was soon built after Dandy Don arrived in order to provide an indoor facility. This facility was useless to the football program, but was a quick fix at that time. The outdoor facility was by the Law facility, which was referenced in your articles. You take bits and pieces from articles in an attempt to make your point, but as usual, you are incorrect. Caperton came way after the Shell.

Nehlen was pissed at the notion that WVU was going to build this new Mountaineer Field without adding offices, weight rooms, new locker rooms, and his dream of running out of the locker room. That is why he stated that he would go back to Ann Arbor. So going into his first couple of years at the helm, he was getting a new stadium, an outdoor grass practice facility (that was erected by supporters) and the Shell Building was in the plans to be built. Dandy Don had enough juice, by turning the program around, to get the Caperton facility built to replace the Shell Building. Upgrades to the locker and weight room came about again after Rich Rod came to town. Dana is looking for upgrades, but you feel he is not worthy of asking for what he thinks would make the program successful. Nonetheless, they are probably similar to the items that Rich Rod asked Pastilong, but were rejected.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess DAD doesn't know the difference between the Shell Building which is next door to the Coliseum… and the Caperton Indoor Practice facility… all 80 yards of it.

WVU Shell Building - WVU Athletics

http://www.wvusports.com/content/images/Menu/ShellBuilding-Center.jpg

Caperton Indoor Facility - WVU Athletics

http://www.wvusports.com/content/images/Menu/Caperton-Indoor.jpg

You beat me to the punch (I was watching Anchorman on TBS) and talking to 2 of my sons about what a treat Poppy is. I use to hang out with a few of the players and the guys who were not on scholarship would tell Don that they would have to leave school because of money. Some of them were telling the truth but Don would find out a way to keep them in the program as he needed players.