• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A little surprised

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That the Eagles haven't sewn up any of their own Free Agents yet? Typically, they would get a deal or two done duirng the season. Maclin at a minimum would normally be signed and I was hoping for Graham as well.

It makes me wonder if its related to the changes in the Front Office with Roseman? No one at the wheel contracts wise? You need to make these guys feel wanted and lock them down before Free Agency.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Front office issues caused this. If Chip and Howie couldn't agree on who to sign in the old front office allignment then it could lead us to where we are. Besides Maclin who I think they might just franchise if they can't get him signed there really is nobody that is pressing that they have to sign. Yes Maybe Graham but I think Graham wants to start elsewhere and he is not as good as Cole.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Polk an UFA?

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really surprised at all. Maclin put everything on this year. He didn't want to take the hometown discount deal and proved it. Why wouldn't he take it all the way to FA to see what his worth is? Same goes for Graham. He wants to test FA to see what he can get. He seemed enamored with the idea of FA. So once again no chance he was going to sign a deal early.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Graham leaves I hope we sign Jason Worilds I wanted us to draft him when he came out.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Graham leaves I hope we sign Jason Worilds I wanted us to draft him when he came out.

Absolutely! And the Steelers think they have some good young ones to replace him. He's also on my list of targets. :agree:

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also expect that with Chip now effectively the GM we are going to see a shocking move or two similar to the Djax move. We now have a football guy in charge who cares deeply about culture. Kelly now wields the same power as Belcher and so I can see him move some guys that may have been considered safe. How often have we seen unexpected moves in New England? Cutting Mankins and Welker, signing Revis and Blount. This is a new era and Kelly will shape this team.

So wild guesses at who could go? Shady comes to mind. He doesn't seem to be 100% on board. Same with Carey Williams.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two months later, Kelly has exceeded my expectations. He moves both Shady and Williams and gets bonus points for Foles.

Shocking yes. Unexpected. no. We saw this sort of thing coming.