• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A L East 2015 thread

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost literally everything went right for the Sox in 2013. They got 36.5 fWAR from their position players alone (most in MLB by a good margin). 7 of their regulars had 3+ WAR, and three of them finished in the top 10 in the AL (Victorino, Pedroia, Ellsbury). The Red Sox had quality starting pitching to go along with strong defense and a lights out closer, and they finished with a 109 ERA+.

That's what I am saying about this Yankees team so far. Everything has gone there way. Who saw A-Rod coming back as good as he has been, Tex having the year he is having. Betances losing the closer gig in ST which only made the bullpen stronger. Tanaka and Pinanda getting the innings they have gotten and quality innings at that. In the beginning of this thread almost all of us said the Yankees can win, but a lot would have to fall their way.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not. No need to give up our top prospects for some rental possibly. We have a solid team
Oh I love our team but we really needed a top of the line SP. We have a lot of #2's and #3's but no #1. Also injuries to Pineda and Tanaka who knows how long he lasts. We also need a upgrade at 2nd base. To win the world series u need top pitching and we don't have that. Look at the last couple champions and look at who their #1 pitcher was.

Im a fan of keeping the young guys but I think cashman rates his guys too high. Only guys I wouldn't trade is Judge or Servino(whatever his name is). Bird will never see the field as a yankee. That SS is a great base stealer but I don't see his bat being good enough to stay at the ML level. Mitchell is so so. We could of got price with out giving out #1 and #2 prospect. Blue Jays gave their #4, #10 and #15 prospect.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Tex is on fire, to be honest he should be in talks for MVP. He is that important to this Yankees offense plus he plays a great 1B.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the talk about A-Rod (and he's having a hell of an age 39/40 season), Teixeira's having a great comeback year. In fact, Tex currently has the best wRC+ of his career (159, highest was 152 in 2008). The only 1B with a higher wRC+ are Goldschmidt (184), Votto (170), and Miggy (182).

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I am saying about this Yankees team so far. Everything has gone there way. Who saw A-Rod coming back as good as he has been, Tex having the year he is having. Betances losing the closer gig in ST which only made the bullpen stronger. Tanaka and Pinanda getting the innings they have gotten and quality innings at that. In the beginning of this thread almost all of us said the Yankees can win, but a lot would have to fall their way.
I disagree to a point. Tanaka, Miller and Ellsbury has been on the DL and missed a lot of time. So I wouldn't say everything has gone ok for the Yankees. Ellsbury hasn't been Ellsbury this year. CC has looked really bad, and we have no production from the 2B and Beltran has been bad(a lot better the last 2 weeks).

I agree with you about Arod and Tex. No expected this from both of these guys. Who would thought they would be Top 5 combo in ML this year.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Tex is on fire, to be honest he should be in talks for MVP. He is that important to this Yankees offense plus he plays a great 1B.

Nope. Tex deserves some top 5 votes right now, but there's no legitimate argument for anyone over Trout right now.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Tex deserves some top 5 votes right now, but there's no legitimate argument for anyone over Trout right now.
I disagree, if Angels don't make the playoffs i don't think he should get it plus how good of a year Pujols is having hurts a little. Yankees haven't made the playoffs the last 2 years and as we are seeing one of the main reasons in Tex. Tex had 2 bad years and they didn't make the playoffs and when he plays well they make the playoffs. he is that important. Same can be said about Arod but now that he is a DH I can't see him getting any votes.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, if Angels don't make the playoffs i don't think he should get it plus how good of a year Pujols is having hurts a little. Yankees haven't made the playoffs the last 2 years and as we are seeing one of the main reasons in Tex. Tex had 2 bad years and they didn't make the playoffs and when he plays well they make the playoffs. he is that important. Same can be said about Arod but now that he is a DH I can't see him getting any votes.

this is fucking stupid. The award's for "Most Valuable Player", not "most valuable player on a playoff team". If it wasn't for Trout, the Angels would most likely be below .500 and the Astros would be way out of their reach. And if we're going to with the "making the playoffs after X year long postseason drought" logic, then if the Jays make it, Donaldson should get it guaranteed, seeing as the Jays haven't been in the postseason since 1993.

also, Pujols isn't even having that good of a year. he's hitting home runs, but a 136 OPS+ from a 1B is nothing to write home about. But if that's going to "hurt" Trout, then should A-Rod's year not hurt Tex as well?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading for Parra was a great move for Baltimore.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, Pujols isn't even having that good of a year. he's hitting home runs, but a 136 OPS+ from a 1B is nothing to write home about. But if that's going to "hurt" Trout, then should A-Rod's year not hurt Tex as well?

Yes Pujols hurts Trout's case and A Rod hurts Tex's case. For some reason a lot of writers take away from players if there are more than one candidate on a team.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is fucking stupid. The award's for "Most Valuable Player", not "most valuable player on a playoff team". If it wasn't for Trout, the Angels would most likely be below .500 and the Astros would be way out of their reach. And if we're going to with the "making the playoffs after X year long postseason drought" logic, then if the Jays make it, Donaldson should get it guaranteed, seeing as the Jays haven't been in the postseason since 1993.

LOL with this response I will stop discussing this topic with you because u have NO clue. :L

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Blue Jays are winning again today, if they can win this series they take 3 of 4 from the Royals which will be a confidence boost going into a big series this week with the Twins.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless we have a major collapse in this game, a very solid 6-4 10 game road trip

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of intriguing games in the Sox-Yanks series this week. Owens makes his MLB debut on Tuesday and Severino on Wednesday.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of intriguing games in the Sox-Yanks series this week. Owens makes his MLB debut on Tuesday and Severino on Wednesday.

Hoping the Yanks can go 4-2 this week. Anything better than that would be icing on the cake.

Really looking forward to the weekend series against the big bad Jay

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant wait to watch Severino play.