• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Smack Talk 2014

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joba and the Tigers lacked the HEART again. Just a shame.

Meanwhile clutch knocks by Pinto and Nunez. Fein gets drilled and still gets the out. Perkins with the emergency 4 out save(became 5 due to cola letting a foul ball drop). Now that is HEART.

Pinto is looking very impressive offensively, if he could improve his defense that would be tremendous.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Howie and other Lions fans, what did you think of the Lions draft? I like Ebron but I didn't like the Lions taking him, other areas they needed help much more in my opinion. I did like the Vikes draft as a whole. If Barr turns into what he could this could be a real solid draft, I am one of those people who still liked Bridgewater even after his pro day.

Ebron was the worst possible choice they could have made. Arghhh, it sucks. Unless he turns out to be jimmy graham it was a wasted pick. And he wont be jimmy graham. I loved the van noy pick, im ready to say the front seven of the lions on D is looking solid. I like that they snagged T.J.! I think he will be a solid pick. Also liked drafting a C, but once again their secondary is going to struggle. Stafford has a billion weapons so there should be no more excuses from apologists. What did u think of the vikes draft?

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for a post on the old thread....nava said id defend hosmer if he was a tiger...

When did i say anything bad about hosmer? All i said was hosmer had ZERO HR's....

Guess you dont know me very well on here...i caught alot of crap for being a negative tiger fan during the offseason....i complained all yr about not getting any BP help...i was told our BP was good and even top 5.. I was mad about the prince trade but understood it.....i hated the fister trade and might be wrong.....wanted coke cut before the season started to save 1.5 million....didnt want joba da hutt....wasnt excited about the rajai davis signing....dont care for avila....did i mention i hated the BP? Hated smyly going into the starting 5....didnt want to see jhonny P leave....but yeah....i guess im rahrah everything tiger......maybe you should stick to your AL East thread and stop trying to just stir shut up in here all the time....

Yeah i didnt get that either, you arent really a homer.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the durham haters...ahem gandy and smitty. He was playing as their number two option when he should be a 4 or 5. If he was playing where he should be it would have looked better. Kinda like rugburn actually, if JL had him DH or play one position instead of everywhere he may have been more successful.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im with you....would of loved watkins.....but since we couldnt get him or evans i think ebron was a good pick....he will create matchups in our favor....getting a great recieving TE is like getting a good WR...now lets just hope he ends up being good...

Also loved the van noy pick....just thought he wouldnt be there for us in the 2nd....

Only other guys i wouldve rather had might of been clinton dix and dennard.....i didnt want donald....we can address DT next year....every year theres the "next great DT" in a draft.

Seen trey waynes is in the early 2015 first round draft.....and trustmeimright said sparty couldnt replace dennard....waynes is gonna be a stud next yr

Ebron if hes lucky will have 40 catches and 400 yards, not sure thats worthy of the tenth pick. This is the first time mayhew dropped the ball on his first pick. Ebrons measureables arent all that impressive either. If they needed someone to catch balls they should have drafted a WR there even though that would have sucked too or just drafted a WR later. They needed a defensive stud early.

Last edited by a moderator:

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of now banned Tigers posters were pretty rough too. Remember Iffy? Not trying to jab ribs or anything just pointing out how some old bile got kicked out.

That dude was demented, a sociopath. Vice was also pretty bad. He was ok to talk to if you were a tigers fan and agreed with him but he was clearly psychotic. There are bad apples for every team though. Remember GNR SOX?

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O's fans are discovering this.

We're hoping he's on the cusp of a hot..err.. atleast warm streak... after the April numbers he put up.

In my book, he's still our #4 starter. If we get some good stuff out of him, it's a plus. That contract we gave him though.. :L

Hes looked better but as you say hes extremely inconsistent. That cruz pick up is looking like a flat out steal tho!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pinto is looking very impressive offensively, if he could improve his defense that would be tremendous.

Yeah he started a little slow average wise this year but the guy can hit. And he takes some walks. As you said if he can learn defense it'd be huge. Makes the Mauer move to 1st look better.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit batman... anyone seen how big Eric Hinske is getting. Chunks is letting himself go. I knew I recongnized him. Just couldn't place him. 1st base coach for Cubbies.

Yeah i know. I noticed him at the beginning of the year...he looks like kevin james long lost twin....its funny how sometimes he gives hugs at first lol. I got a ball he threw into the crowd back around 2001 at comerica when he was a blue jay.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That dude was demented, a sociopath. Vice was also pretty bad. He was ok to talk to if you were a tigers fan and agreed with him but he was clearly psychotic. There are bad apples for every team though. Remember GNR SOX?

Ahaha GNRSOX he used to be on cbs posting a thread crying about who the player of the game was for the sox....hed get pissed if both players of the game were from the other team....he acted like he was 12......remember his saying? The white sox dont rebuild...:laugh3:.............of course nobody has seen him since the sox began sucking again.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ebron if hes lucky will have 40 catches and 400 yards, not sure thats worthy of the tenth pick. This is the first time mayhew dropped the ball on his first pick. Ebrons measureables arent all that impressive either. If they needed someone to catch balls they should have drafted a WR there even though that would have sucked too or just drafted a WR later. They needed a defensive stud early.

I just didnt see a defensive stud left...i didnt want donald....we can wait til next year...there will be another THE MAN at DT.....i like dennard but didnt see him being a stud right away....takes longer to develope CB's. I like the mis-matches ebron will cause.....now NEXT year? Better draft all defense early.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahaha GNRSOX he used to be on cbs posting a thread crying about who the player of the game was for the sox....hed get pissed if both players of the game were from the other team....he acted like he was 12......remember his saying? The white sox dont rebuild...:laugh3:.............of course nobody has seen him since the sox began sucking again.

Haha I totally remember how personal he would take the player of the game selections. As if they meant anything at all.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This made me lol. Probably true though.

Kinda miss vice and his antics though. Missing the antics would last a week tops though.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GVSU
I posted on other thread this one was started. Nevermind, I see you found it.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the durham haters...ahem gandy and smitty. He was playing as their number two option when he should be a 4 or 5. If he was playing where he should be it would have looked better. Kinda like rugburn actually, if JL had him DH or play one position instead of everywhere he may have been more successful.

You are right. He would look better as the 7th or 8th on depth chart.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This made me lol. Probably true though.

Kinda miss vice and his antics though. Missing the antics would last a week tops though.

Vice pops in and out of the tigers board....i always thought it was funny bums said vice was my buddy.....last i seen vice he was trying to argue with me about the tigers pen being good at the start of the year.....funny bums got mad at me, but i kept trying to tell bums, vice was his buddy.....bums only started coming in here when he found vice in here....posting 20x a day in here......now vice is gone....and (((poof)))) bums is gone......chances are, you find vice, you will find bums.....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vice and iffy both had nice baseball knowledge....iffy was just an old creepy man who needed attention.....vice just like to mess with certain fans of certain teams.....i actually had no problem with vice in here since its a smack talk thread.....but people like bums and capteditobvious carried grudges over to SportsHoopla they had from cbs.....its all in fun to me....ITS A SMACKTALK THREAD!!!!

I remember how much i hated mrhockey a good 5 years ago.....now hes one of my favorites on here....same with nos...we butted heads last year.....but now hes one of my SportsHoopla friends

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think with a new coaching staff, the lions make the playoffs next year.....we got talent....coaching, dumb penalties and turnovers kill this team...

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Vices sole purpose on earth was to irritate Kansas City Royals fans at all costs, him and his buddy Spartan. I thought they were okay just took it a little far with the KC thing....

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vice and iffy both had nice baseball knowledge....iffy was just an old creepy man who needed attention.....vice just like to mess with certain fans of certain teams.....i actually had no problem with vice in here since its a smack talk thread.....but people like bums and capteditobvious carried grudges over to SportsHoopla they had from cbs.....its all in fun to me....ITS A SMACKTALK THREAD!!!!

I remember how much i hated mrhockey a good 5 years ago.....now hes one of my favorites on here....same with nos...we butted heads last year.....but now hes one of my SportsHoopla friends

Clarkson beat the Lady Gophers this year in the NCAA Womens Hockey Championship! Just thought you'd wanna know buddy! :whistle: