• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Smack Talk 2014

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoenfield did a pretty good AL Central write up on all the teams. Has the Kitties wining at 86-76 and Twins last at 76-86.

Like the Twins offense and sees it only getting better, and things the rotation has potential and really can't be worse anyways.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Had Sox in 4th still like 2 games on Twins. Royals at .500 exactly and the Indians a game back of Detroit.

MotownMagic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the Tigers make a major move or two (Which could happen) their window is closed.

Can't see them making a move to get them out of playoff contention... Illitch wants to win now... Now if they keep losing in the playoffs the next couple of years... they could make some moves to try rebuilding the Farm System bc it is horrid. But not for a few years.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome cousin....be careful....theres a few in here that thinks no matter what the tigers do, they will be garbage....

I also like the porcello trade...i liked the simon trade....would still likeone RP. for the 7-8th innings..

The chi sox will be the tigers biggest threat this yr....cant believe kc couldnt use a run to the WS to get better...rios? Morales? If they lose shields, i dont think KC finishes above .500. The AL central will be very competetive this yr.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome cousin....be careful....theres a few in here that thinks no matter what the tigers do, they will be garbage....

I also like the porcello trade...i liked the simon trade....would still likeone RP. for the 7-8th innings..

The chi sox will be the tigers biggest threat this yr....cant believe kc couldnt use a run to the WS to get better...rios? Morales? If they lose shields, i dont think KC finishes above .500. The AL central will be very competetive this yr.

PLOT TWIST!!!!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Had Sox in 4th still like 2 games on Twins. Royals at .500 exactly and the Indians a game back of Detroit.

I guess if the division didn't dominate in Interleague, or hold their own against the East and West we could see that jumble in the 80some wins area. But I still have to think the division will be a race to 91-92 with a lot of improvement at the bottom.

Have we even brought up Ervin Santana on here yet?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just now

We've added a projected 2.6 fWAR

Between Rios, Morales, Volquez, Frasor, and Hochevar. Great investment for oh, about 35.4 Million dollars. Dayton Moore is one of the worst GM's to get to a World Series that I can remember, has to be.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if the division didn't dominate in Interleague, or hold their own against the East and West we could see that jumble in the 80some wins area. But I still have to think the division will be a race to 91-92 with a lot of improvement at the bottom.

Have we even brought up Ervin Santana on here yet?

Not really lol. I just found out a few days ago his real name is Johan but he changed it because of that other Johan guy lol.

Twins rotation still has far too many ?'s but with his addition and potential of other guys. It actually can be a decent rotation if offense stays good.

I liked the signing. Wish we would have looked in on a guy like Latos but logic isn't or style. Santana should do well and hopefully his long ball issues benefit like Hughes at Target Field.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that too. Not very many Johan's running around, that Ive heard of. Weird that two were MLB starters named Santana!

I think Minny is a great place for him. And the Central in general. Half of his games and then another half of his division road games are at parks that suit him best.

His signing makes three out of five staffs that should improve from last year. Which prolly makes that 80some win jumble even more likely.

Im just not sure where were at on his bi-polar schedule. :noidea:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moose, without looking anything up, Id have to think whoever Colorado's GM is that decided to can Hurdle shortly after their World Series run, would make a good argument against Moore's ranking.

Any chance you guys could trade prospects for a short term rental? Like a Zimmerman? That'd put KC at the top of my projections if it were to happen.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just now

We've added a projected 2.6 fWAR

Between Rios, Morales, Volquez, Frasor, and Hochevar. Great investment for oh, about 35.4 Million dollars. Dayton Moore is one of the worst GM's to get to a World Series that I can remember, has to be.

have to somewhat agree with terrible signings, Rios, Volquez and Frasor were too expensive, Hochevar and Morales will be fine and their price will be worth their production but doesn't outweight how bad Rios and Volquez, a freakin walking machine.

Dayton got to a WS in the same time frame DD did in Detroit without someone like Miggy, Verlander in 2006.

just remember Morales has to hit over 9 hr and .270 to top his spot and Rios has to top 1 hr and .280 to improve his spot. Both players will improve on the numbers of the guys they replaced, and if I remember right, that's what a GM is suppose to do, improve the weakest areas. Volquez will be the problem, just watch.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have to somewhat agree with terrible signings, Rios, Volquez and Frasor were too expensive, Hochevar and Morales will be fine and their price will be worth their production but doesn't outweight how bad Rios and Volquez, a freakin walking machine.

Dayton got to a WS in the same time frame DD did in Detroit without someone like Miggy, Verlander in 2006.

just remember Morales has to hit over 9 hr and .270 to top his spot and Rios has to top 1 hr and .280 to improve his spot. Both players will improve on the numbers of the guys they replaced, and if I remember right, that's what a GM is suppose to do, improve the weakest areas. Volquez will be the problem, just watch.

It's puzzling we got Volquez when we could have gotten a better upside guy in Masterson or Anderson. It seems like this guarantees that Guthrie is gone next year while Volquez slides into the IP punching bag role this team seems to enjoy having at least one of.

Rios, while overpaid, could very well end up being a good player; which if shit hits the fan, can be traded. Morales is just problematic because he can't really be moved unless he explodes this year or next if need be.

MotownMagic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thought I would join the smack talk with you....
I did like the porcello trade but the Simon trade I believe we gave a high quality prospect for a soon to be nobody (Simon).

I think Cleveland and Soxs will be the biggest threats this year against the Tigers.

Yes, the royals will not be good as last year.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royals sign 2 time TJ pitcher Kris Medlen, much better signing than Edison at least on the upside of it.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I would join the smack talk with you....
I did like the porcello trade but the Simon trade I believe we gave a high quality prospect for a soon to be nobody (Simon).

I think Cleveland and Soxs will be the biggest threats this year against the Tigers.

Yes, the royals will not be good as last year.

ah, finally someone in Cleeves family has some sence, the Porcello trade was great for Detroit, 2-6 hitters will be really tough, maybe even 1-6 with Davis getting on. They may have gotten a solid RP in the deal too, until he is around the mentality of current members of the pen. Like their lineup better than years now. SP's are far from best staff in baseball now with ???? marks after Price. Can't believe all the good to great RP that have changed teams but Detroit just doesn't put their hats in the ring for any of them, just 1 you figure they would go get. Gregorson would have a great choice off the top of my head.

Once again the biggest threat for the Tigers isn't any other team, its their heart, will to win and ability to work together as a team instead of individual accomplishments to get paid.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still floored we didn't take Morse over Morales at DH. Morse would be a fantastic DH for us, imo.

actually he would have been a great choice over Rios, maybe Morales but I am higher on Morales than Rios.

You have to like the Medlen signing though.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually he would have been a great choice over Rios, maybe Morales but I am higher on Morales than Rios.

You have to like the Medlen signing though.

You'll want Aoki back after watching Morse patrol RF then. There's a reason the Giants aren't resigning him.