• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Smack 2015

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug....who are the MLB World Champions? Who will be the World Series Champions until next November? In what city do all children, over the age of 4, know the difference between signing and trading to get a player? LOL

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to re-read my post, my friend. I said THE CLOSER is the most over-rated position. Not CLOSE.
Sorry about missing the R on closeR. I hit send. Didn't proof read. That ok? Or do you need a tissue?

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug....who are the MLB World Champions? Who will be the World Series Champions until next November? In what city do all children, over the age of 4, know the difference between signing and trading to get a player? LOL
Easy Iffy.. I must really be inside your head. Must be a lot of empty space there. OR. OR. tigers getting fran rod is making you worry

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, Detroit was a closer away from winning the division.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug is a strange one. I wonder if his next comeback to this comment will be "Royals are going back to the cellar cuz fluke en sech."

Speaking of the Royals. Without looking, any FA guys this off season for y'all? Never really been big spenders in the past. With winning, usually comes the bigger contracts. Ownership has made some good money the last two years. Will they spend it?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the Royals. Without looking, any FA guys this off season for y'all? Never really been big spenders in the past. With winning, usually comes the bigger contracts. Ownership has made some good money the last two years. Will they spend it?
Gordon, Madson, F. Morales, Chris Young, Cueto, and Zobrist are all FA's.

Early indications would be they are interested in Denard Span. I don't think they'll sign most of these guys back (I think Chris Young and F. Morales are possibilities) and go with the mid-level market and see if they can get value there; as they have done the previous two years.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@There is A Moose at 3rd

Gotcha... I didn't suspect Cueto or Zorbist to be back anyway. Zorbist I could see trying to retain. The two I was truly wondering about are Cain and Hosmer. A Tiger fan can only wish they're not under team control much longer.

Seemed you guys just kept chugging along without Gordon. Love watching him play LF. What little bit I saw of Young, I liked. Which wasn't a lot. Terrible work schedule this past season.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@There is A Moose at 3rd

Gotcha... I didn't suspect Cueto or Zorbist to be back anyway. Zorbist I could see trying to retain. The two I was truly wondering about are Cain and Hosmer. A Tiger fan can only wish they're not under team control much longer.

Seemed you guys just kept chugging along without Gordon. Love watching him play LF. What little bit I saw of Young, I liked. Which wasn't a lot. Terrible work schedule this past season.
Chris Young might be the strangest pitcher I have ever seen. Best way to think of it is he does every the opposite of a knuckleballer I guess. He's kind of a unique pitcher all and all; been a kind of anomaly for years now. Shame he wasn't healthy.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think they're ascared anymore than I am acomfy. That is just one move of many needed to compete.

Yep. Just one thing checked off the list. Still several more to go.

Acquire closer ... CHECK
Release Alex Avila ... CHECK
Acquire 1 premiere starter ...
Acquire 1 mid-level starter ...
Acquire middle relief help ...
Acquire corner outfielder (or re-sign Davis) ...

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly Buckeyes will roll over MSU and UM. May not even be close games.

Yes, I don't think it will be pretty this Saturday. I'm predicting Ohio State 52, MSU 31. That Spartan defense is B-A-D bad.

But then, the Lions won in Green Bay, so ANYTHING is possible. :eek:

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have said. Tigers aquire fran rod...but I know some big words give you guys trouble... just trying to help youalls.
And apparently they give you even bigger problems. :pound:

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
S...what you are saying. Royals back to cellar..with about 4,000 fans in the stands....just like ol times.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

everyone keeps saying Royals don't get FA's, Santana $11m, Vargas $8m, Infante $8m, Edison $11m, Morales $11m, Rios $11m, Young $6m, no they don't get the Top FA's but they keep getting FA's over the past 3 seasons. The top FA's didn't get a ring, lol

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by the way, Detroit signing KRod is a great move. Best bullpen pitcher since Benoit for them.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And cheap to. FAs love coming to detriot. At one time..detriot used to be called the Paris of the mid west.. long time ago..ask dabums.he should remember.