• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Conversely, comparing pitching is a joke too.

Like I said before, I'll settle for middle-of-the-pack pitching from the Tigers this year. Cleveland has to lean on their staff being successful a lot more.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When someone is so frazzled that they quote the same post twice, they care.
no... i just enjoy making you angry.. which i obviously do. carry on.. go open that gate.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sloppy...the perfect word for the Tigers under the Illitch/Dombrowski regime. I was hoping for better with DD gone, but Avila is just a caddie. Throw money at something and hope it works.

Exactly, but thats the problem with having an owner that wont allow any sort of rebuild, so very tough to work in those conditions

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not wishing death on the old guy (he's one of my kind, and all) but I'd like to see Old Mike totally out of the picture and the kids give the team to people who want to develop a baseball system and not just play fantasy baseball each off season. Put some cash and work into developing a minor league system, stop drafting power arms....get more involved with the International scene. And most of all block Mexican fans from Miami from being Tiger fans

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, but thats the problem with having an owner that wont allow any sort of rebuild, so very tough to work in those conditions
he is a troll dude. you are trying to have a conversation with someone that's only goal is to troll me... just a heads up.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uribe is a solid signing for the Tribe. If nothing else he is capable of holding the fort with some semblance of dignity at 3B.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Yankees will be lucky to win 87 games this year. They had a ton of things go right. Don't expect nearly as much out of a 40 yr old Arod..

We will see...They dealt with a fair share of predictable injuries...Tex was having an MVP season, i wouldnt say losing him for 3 months was having everything go right

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sloppy...the perfect word for the Tigers under the Illitch/Dombrowski regime. I was hoping for better with DD gone, but Avila is just a caddie. Throw money at something and hope it works.

Signing Zimmermann was absolutely necessary given the losses of star pitchers (Scherzer, Price) and the uncertainty with Sanchez. Throwing that much money at Pelfrey so early in the FA process was just plain dumb. If Avila had waited, Pelfrey might still be available now, for a much lower contract amount.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not wishing death on the old guy (he's one of my kind, and all) but I'd like to see Old Mike totally out of the picture and the kids give the team to people who want to develop a baseball system and not just play fantasy baseball each off season. Put some cash and work into developing a minor league system, stop drafting power arms....get more involved with the International scene. And most of all block Mexican fans from Miami from being Tiger fans
i actually wouldn't mind if you kicked the bucket old man... that would actually bring a smile to my face.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uribe is a solid signing for the Tribe. If nothing else he is capable of holding the fort with some semblance of dignity at 3B.
anything is an upgrade over the bum they had in line to start there before.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious what leads to your opinion that J.D., a guy in his prime hitting years (28) with legit power, is going to struggle to hit 30.
just becauseh e has only done it once before and only 13 guys in the league did it last year....just simple probability...

Miggy has not hit 30 for 2 years but I gotta say i think he would be a better candidate to hit 30 based on his history.

and again- i would put the over under on JD Mart hrs somewhere in the mid 20's prob - but that certainly doesnt mean its not possible.....

for me anyway- its hard for me to predict he does it again when he has only done it once- and with all the great hitters in baseball only 13 guys did it last year.

we shall see htough.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. He and I go way back.
im sorry to hear that. interaction with people from ohio is proven to cause high levels of stress that can lead to many health complications.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just becauseh e has only done it once before and only 13 guys in the league did it last year....just simple probability...

Miggy has not hit 30 for 2 years but I gotta say i think he would be a better candidate to hit 30 based on his history.

and again- i would put the over under on JD Mart hrs somewhere in the mid 20's prob - but that certainly doesnt mean its not possible.....

for me anyway- its hard for me to predict he does it again when he has only done it once- and with all the great hitters in baseball only 13 guys did it last year.

we shall see htough.
your opinion is noted.. thanks for the input. i will let jd martinez know your thoughts when i see him march 18th.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think JD Martinez is the real deal

He came up as a stud for the Stros, and just seems like one of those late Bloomers

If Im the Tigers, thats the guy im least concerned with

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signing Zimmermann was absolutely necessary given the losses of star pitchers (Scherzer, Price) and the uncertainty with Sanchez. Throwing that much money at Pelfrey so early in the FA process was just plain dumb. If Avila had waited, Pelfrey might still be available now, for a much lower contract amount.

Detroit has no plan....because they have no minor league prospects to plan a future around. The build a team much like you go shopping at a supermarket. Grab something off the shelf as you go up and down each aisle. I even agree with Vice about Mike Avila...unless he is a SUPER clubhouse guy, he was not needed. I am sure Pelfry was signed because some scout/front office guy had a ''feeling'' about him. I can just hear it..."Boyd didn't show much, let's grab Pelfry."