• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A good example of why we don't know shit about our players

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AMEN!!!!

I have seen it across many areas.

If someone screws up and you try to give them constructive criticism (had to do in management) they get pissed off because you have no right to judge them.

In management if someone screwed up it was up to me to correct it and make sure it did not happen repeatedly. If I ran into the attitude that "it's not my fault" or "you're being an asshole" I knew that individual would be someone I eventually would have to fire.

If I came to them and the first thing out of their mouth was "I know I screwed up and...." I knew I had or would eventually have a valuable employee.

Attitude drives so much because attitude initiates action and without action the best intentions are worthless. Whoever said it's the thought that counts lied.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if that happens at Wisconsin, but I've never heard of it happening. What right does this chick have walking up to Martinez in the CLASSROOM to tell him to stop throwing interceptions. You're a fan, bitch, HIS job is to play football and go to class. Your job is to go to class and live your own damn life. People are going after his girlfriend? They know who she IS? People aren't allowed to have a private life in Lincoln?

I just find myself rooting for Martinez even more. I sincerely hope Wisconsin beats Nebraska every time they play from this point on(ludicrous I know), but I hope Martinez rocks the world now. And then I hope he asks that chick in his Spanish class out, and when she says yes, I hope he says..."JUST KIDDING BITCH!"

I know I don't post here much. Just curious about the team we just played. It'll fade.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone is condoning that but Callahan's kids were taunted at sporting events too if I remember right.

That crosses the line but there will always be idiots.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

But fellas........ye are calling Taylor a softy for running to the media and saying "poor me"...........but it was actually Yoshi who did this.

I mean, all Taylor did was tell his best friend "dude I'm sick of this shit....here is what's happening." Friends always tell friends that kinda stuff.

I'm sure he didn't ask him to go run and tell the media for him so we could all feel bad for him.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think we should take too much from Yoshis comments.. watch his interview, and the quotes sound way differnt

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is this...........unless Taylor asked Yoshi to say something about it, then Taylor wasn't wining to Husker Nation. That is just ridiculous.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was venting...

I miss the old days...

I miss seeing husker teammates kick the shit out of each other during practice then sit down at meals and tell each other the what fors without everyone acting as if they had just lost their one and only toy becuse they can't deal with rejection... but man they are all over the positive press and the "This is my team" mentality...

(PROVE IT!!!)...

I miss Dr. Tom and his wisdom... in the locker room...

I miss the Big 8 and Thanksgiving tradition of playing OU.

I miss Mc Bride and his intensity and wisdom.

Fuck.... I missed lunch...

Got to go...

wearegettingthere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the presser Mart walked in with an attitude and did the poor me routine during the presser. If he didn't want the scrutiny of the fans and the press and the criticism of his classmates, he should have gone to Kent State. He needs to grow up.

That said, all his ills would disappear if he could execute a play that requires a decision on his part and if can stay poised under pressure and make use of his teammates on a consistent basis. A win against a very good team will help. At this point, the only team on the schedule close to qualifying as a very good team is Michigan. Mart is blessed with a Big 10 schedule that is down from recent years.

Jack, I do admire your support of Mart while he is down. Most of us, myself included, would like to see a change at qb if for no other reason that to see what Carnes brings to the table. A down Buckeye team is a great week for Carnes to start, although we all know Mart is guiding this ship, sink or swim.

Off topic: Carnes should have played the 4th quarter Saturday night. He is one play away from being the man. He should be getting all the experience he can.

Nebraska885

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Por favor no arrojar las interceptaciones Taylor Martínez! Lo que me hace enojar mucho. Sin embargo, su novia, quien juega para el equipo de voleibol, es muy atractivo.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we run the ball and set up the pass like we should, Taylor will have few interceptions the rest of the season...........book it.

If we don't set up the pass and put Taylor in an uncomfortable position (like the Wisconsin game) we will see a lot more interceptions..........book that too.

That's not making an excuse for Taylor either, because like BRS said, you are expected to be able to throw the ball at the college level. With that said, the coaches oughta know that he isn't a drop back passing QB and call plays accordingly.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AMEN!!!!

I have seen it across many areas.

If someone screws up and you try to give them constructive criticism (had to do in management) they get pissed off because you have no right to judge them.

In management if someone screwed up it was up to me to correct it and make sure it did not happen repeatedly. If I ran into the attitude that "it's not my fault" or "you're being an asshole" I knew that individual would be someone I eventually would have to fire.

If I came to them and the first thing out of their mouth was "I know I screwed up and...." I knew I had or would eventually have a valuable employee.

Attitude drives so much because attitude initiates action and without action the best intentions are worthless. Whoever said it's the thought that counts lied.

I didn't see much "constructive" in the 48 hours following the game. Unless "fuck Taylor" "Taylor sucks" and "Taylor should never see the field again" is constructive.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see much "constructive" in the 48 hours following the game. Unless "fuck Taylor" "Taylor sucks" and "Taylor should never see the field again" is constructive.

First I am not his manager and second the guys that worked for me were not in a high profile position or getting their college education paid for them because of this high profile position and third they had not repeated the same old thing over and over and over ad nauseum.

And I know you are not referring to me alone but I did not say any of the quotes you have above.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P.S. Don't throw interceptions could be seen as very constructive criticism in this case :D

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was venting...

I miss the old days...

I miss seeing husker teammates kick the shit out of each other during practice then sit down at meals and tell each other the what fors without everyone acting as if they had just lost their one and only toy becuse they can't deal with rejection... but man they are all over the positive press and the "This is my team" mentality...

(PROVE IT!!!)...

I miss Dr. Tom and his wisdom... in the locker room...

I miss the Big 8 and Thanksgiving tradition of playing OU.

I miss Mc Bride and his intensity and wisdom.

Fuck.... I missed lunch...

Got to go...

these are the things I miss as well BRS --the lunch part the most --LOL !!

wiscohusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
P.S. Don't throw interceptions could be seen as very constructive criticism in this case :D[/QUOTE

Isn't this the same "nation" that booed Scott Frost....for a win.....at home?

Honestly, I can see 50% on Martinez, and 50% to the guy calling plays. To not throw the ball away or not making correct reads/checkdowns falls directly into the QBs lap: thats their responsibility. Calling the plays, letting our running game open up our passing game, that's the OCs fault.

Give 'em hell Taylor!!