• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A football life - Eddie DeBartolo

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Thanks to Mem for pointing this out. This is mandatory watching for Niner fans. I'm sure it'll make the next 3 1/2 days go even slower. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
These football life videos are a pretty fun way to get a little football fix before the Niners pound the ravens into the turf.

The one on Jimmy Johnson is pretty good IMO. He's probably one of the 2 or 3 best football minds in my lifetime. Probably second only to Bill Walsh in terms of running the draft.

By the way, I knew he was the only coach to win a national title and a Super Bowl (until Barry Switzer did it), but I didn't know he won a national title as a player too.

...by the way, the Dark lord Bill Bellichick makes an appearence on the video, and he talks just like his press conferences.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to Mem for pointing this out. This is mandatory watching for Niner fans. I'm sure it'll make the next 3 1/2 days go even slower. :)

:clap: I will re-iterate. The players should watch this Sat night!

The JJ one was pretty good, too. Him and his damn pecker pills, lmao.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you guys watch this classic video of "the way it used to be" listen for the line:

"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser!"

Easily, the most classic line in the entire documentary.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Gotta love watching Barry Sanders footage. I think he's the GOAT. And he's one of the classiest players I've ever seen in a uniform.

MAN that guy had some crappy OL's and even crappier teams. And he had to be in Detroit for 10 years. That's a raw deal.

[YOUTUBE]lGQp90Rzj9M&NR=1[/YOUTUBE]

arsenal6106

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm enjoying these vids. Thanks for sharing guys!

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barry Sanders is just an incredible dude. I loved watching him play and 1997 was one of my favorite football years because the 49ers were so good and I was able to watch probably around 10-12 Lions games that year and Barry was just great in every one of them... he is easily the best RB I've ever seen play

Which is why I was so hugely disappointed when those Associated Press fuckers slapped him in the face and made him share his MVP with that over-rated dickbag Favre. Probably why I have such strong feelings that Peterson should get it this year instead of those dickbag Associated Press guys trying to wax another over-rated QBs knob with undeserving MVPs

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Which is why I was so hugely disappointed when those Associated Press fuckers slapped him in the face and made him share his MVP with that over-rated dickbag Favre.

:mad2: That was a crime against humanity.

By the way, have they announced the MVP for 2012 yet?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:mad2: That was a crime against humanity.

By the way, have they announced the MVP for 2012 yet?

This Saturday night on NFL Network. They're having an NFL Honors award show at 9 p.m. PT. I'd be surprised if word wasn't leaked beforehand who won though.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Watching this Barry Sanders video makes me want Baalke to call him up in the offseason & see if he has anything left. :)

Here's a fun subject that just crossed my mind: What would have happened if the Cowboys took Barry Sanders instead of Troy Aikman in '89?

He would've ran for 3000 yards behind that OL! And as good as the OL & receiving corps and running game would've been, I think they could've found another QB to get 'em to the SB in that offense.

Not taking anything away from Troy Aikman. Aikman was money in the playoffs. I'm just wondering if they would've been even better with Barry. It was slim pickin's at QB those days; their best option might've been Neil O'Donnell in the next draft. But Aikman + Emmitt or Barry + O'Donnell? I don't know. That would've been one nasty running game though.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching this Barry Sanders video makes me want Baalke to call him up in the offseason & see if he has anything left. :)

Here's a fun subject that just crossed my mind: What would have happened if the Cowboys took Barry Sanders instead of Troy Aikman in '89?

He would've ran for 3000 yards behind that OL! And as good as the OL & receiving corps and running game would've been, I think they could've found another QB to get 'em to the SB in that offense.

Not taking anything away from Troy Aikman. Aikman was money in the playoffs. I'm just wondering if they would've been even better with Barry. It was slim pickin's at QB those days; their best option might've been Neil O'Donnell in the next draft. But Aikman + Emmitt or Barry + O'Donnell? I don't know. That would've been one nasty running game though.

I'd like to take away three Super Bowls and give them to the Niners... with merit of course. ;)