• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A food you hated as a kid but like now???

SDPaddlefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,390.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me? One thing I couldn't stand were Brussel sprouts but now I LOVE them when they're roasted and have that nice char on them. A little garlic and butter helps too :suds:
Believe it or not, pizza of any type. And McDonalds burgers with mustard. Now I put mustard on everything.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this count??

IMG_1974.JPG

Yes.

Because of you haven't mixed that 60/40 with Arby's Sauce on top of a regular roast beef, you can just run along and die.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not, pizza of any type. And McDonalds burgers with mustard. Now I put mustard on everything.

I also didn't care for mustard as much when I was younger as I do now.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Various kinds of peppers. Especially chili peppers.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me: Pulled Pork.

When I was a kid, the only time we ever had it was at wedding rehearsals. And there is this place called "Whitts" in Alabama and they always for some reason ordered from there(I grew up in the same town as Big Bob Gibsons and never tried it). I thought it was dry and flavorless. Everyone puts a bunch of sauce on them for flavor, and I didn't like the sauce. Fucking hated it.

My wife has been trying to get me to go to BBQ places for years and based on that experience I was like nahhhhhh. She grew up in the same town and her family went to Big Bob Gibsons, which she describes as very good and more like what I smoke.

But then I got a smoker, and as a favor to her I smoked a pork butt. Now I fucking love the shit. I eat leftovers for 2 days after I cook it, then I think about it constantly during the week. I got the smoker for ribs mostly, and I rarely do ribs because what I really want is to smoke a pork butt. I don't use sauces, I don't even do sandwiches the first day. Just straight up juicy, flavorful meat.

Fuck you Whitts for all the years of good BBQ I missed because of that shit you sell.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me: Pulled Pork.

When I was a kid, the only time we ever had it was at wedding rehearsals. And there is this place called "Whitts" in Alabama and they always for some reason ordered from there(I grew up in the same town as Big Bob Gibsons and never tried it). I thought it was dry and flavorless. Everyone puts a bunch of sauce on them for flavor, and I didn't like the sauce. Fucking hated it.

My wife has been trying to get me to go to BBQ places for years and based on that experience I was like nahhhhhh. She grew up in the same town and her family went to Big Bob Gibsons, which she describes as very good and more like what I smoke.

But then I got a smoker, and as a favor to her I smoked a pork butt. Now I fucking love the shit. I eat leftovers for 2 days after I cook it, then I think about it constantly during the week. I got the smoker for ribs mostly, and I rarely do ribs because what I really want is to smoke a pork butt. I don't use sauces, I don't even do sandwiches the first day. Just straight up juicy, flavorful meat.

Fuck you Whitts for all the years of good BBQ I missed because of that shit you sell.

Pulled pork is wonderful, but there’s a lot of shorty pulled pork out there.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also didn't care for mustard as much when I was younger as I do now.
Yellow mustard is grosser now than when I was 5.

I'd rather starve than eat that shit. Yellow road paint > regular yellow mustard

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd rather starve than eat that shit. Yellow road paint > regular yellow mustard

Hotdogs and Hamburgers always for me.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When I beat off I don't use lotion I use yellow mustard, I put that shit on everyting...

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
liver and onions (both together as a dish, and onions in general). having to eat liver was a fate worse than death, as far as the kid version of me was concerned. now? i LOVE a well cooked beef OR chicken liver dish, and i've had them both cooked in various different ways. fucking scrumptious over a bed of wild rice, and making liver gravy to pour over the rice, mmmmm

also, as a kid, i would detest anything with onions. now? if i eat a hot dog/hamburger/pizza/etc etc and it DOESN'T have onion, i feel like the meal's incomplete.

also, sour cream, oysters, and cilantro

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

clown comment, bro

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hotdogs and Hamburgers always for me.

I never noticed before but our stats are eerily similar, we even joined at the same time... I was a twin at birth and my twin died, have you come back to haunt me???

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pulled pork is wonderful, but there’s a lot of shorty pulled pork out there.

Some people love Whitts and swear by it. They have many locations and have been in business for decades. But it's the sauce that I think people like mostly with their sandwiches, and I'm more about the meat/smoke flavors.