• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A few thoughts on "A New Direction"...the Hokies may be heading towards...

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
after digging around some: the unc folks i've talked to dont seem to think that brown is butches top target??? again idk?? I think they did speak but i would assume that was butch trying to gauge CB's interest. Does anyone know how big a hurry he is to get out of Calgary?

:-) its like 1am i've barely spoke to the wife, havn't ate since lunch, and im still banging around the message boards. haha damn i love hokie football.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like always, hunz is spot on.

I do think that Cornell Brown is going to get an in-person interview at UNC; he has already gotten a phone interview. That being said, i think that he will give the Hokies his ear before signing a contract with any other team, especially an ACC rival. I think that he will end up with the good guys, if not this year than next year. I could see Coach Cav getting a deal like Hite, but, honestly, I do not like it right now as he has been one of our best recruiters to date. I would like him stay as an active coach and recruiter for one more season to transition the younger guy(s) over. That being said, if it comes down to him sticking around and Brown heading to UNSucks, or us having a difficult transition year, i will take the latter.

Hunz, let me know your thoughts but all of my UNC friends and contacts have an arrogance only matched by the ivy league student/pricks that come to my school and find out their professor went to a public. Usually if a UNC fan says someone is not their number one target, it means that they do not think that they have a shot at getting them. All last winter, Anthony was the best linebacker in the country, until he gave them the cold shoulder and then he was "undersized". Next, Hughes was there guy. As signing day came around, for a brief minute Grant was the best ever, and then he was "not even who we wanted" when it became evident tha he was not headed there. I would take the comments of your sources as a good indication that UNC does not think that Brown would head there and so they want to spin it to seem like he was a backup plan the whole time.

Just my thoughts on that issue....

d.Brown.jersey.jpg

Does anybody really see this guy walking into Lane Stadium on a Thursday night wearing baby blue? I would puke. That is the first Hokie jersey that I had!

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after digging around some: the unc folks i've talked to dont seem to think that brown is butches top target??? again idk?? I think they did speak but i would assume that was butch trying to gauge CB's interest. Does anyone know how big a hurry he is to get out of Calgary?

:-) its like 1am i've barely spoke to the wife, havn't ate since lunch, and im still banging around the message boards. haha damn i love hokie football.

=============
I think you both deserve a rep.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Luckily, my girl is out of the country for three weeks. I have the time. However, she is a huge, huge football fan and former college athlete so she would be into this too. When I say she is a fan, I don't mean she likes to watch football. I mean she plays with us and knows how to break a two deep zone. She is a total mismatch in the co-ed city leagues :D 125 pounds of caged fury.

168898_536939866396_35500633_31613048_3146673_n.jpg

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
=============
I think you both deserve a rep.

Agreed! I think if Brown comes back to the region, he will eventually end up on the VT staff. It is exciting to see some changes starting to come about. Would really like to see KJ nd/or Suggs back too. I think you guys are spot on saying Beamer only has a few left and wants the ultimate prize, I also wonder if Weaver and/or the hokieclub/Boosters have had any influence in things starting to get rolling with these changes. I would think so even though it will never be public. I think you are correct in saying that Foster may not be the heir apparent when Beamer leaves 46. I do however think that IF Foster is on the staff when that happens, he MUST be given the nod. He has earned that IMO. Maybe he isn't the best recruiter or won't kiss anyone's ass but he brings a totally different attitude to the position. We all know he is a fiery guy who will get the most from his players. Just think if he was on everyone's ass on the whole team. While that may not sit well with every player, I think it would be a good thing for VT. He is a player's coach who is adored by the team, and the fans and he would bring a "Bill Cowher" like mentality to the team, which I personally love (I compare him alot to "The Chin". I think if Foster were to be promoted to HC and was able to keep Gray on as DC, along with a revamped Offensive Staff (Maybe Little Beamer as a future OC???) VT won't miss beat when Fancy Gap leaves. I like that they are preparing for life after Frank well in advance..

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed! I think if Brown comes back to the region, he will eventually end up on the VT staff. It is exciting to see some changes starting to come about. Would really like to see KJ nd/or Suggs back too. I think you guys are spot on saying Beamer only has a few left and wants the ultimate prize, I also wonder if Weaver and/or the hokieclub/Boosters have had any influence in things starting to get rolling with these changes. I would think so even though it will never be public. I think you are correct in saying that Foster may not be the heir apparent when Beamer leaves 46. I do however think that IF Foster is on the staff when that happens, he MUST be given the nod. He has earned that IMO. Maybe he isn't the best recruiter or won't kiss anyone's ass but he brings a totally different attitude to the position. We all know he is a fiery guy who will get the most from his players. Just think if he was on everyone's ass on the whole team. While that may not sit well with every player, I think it would be a good thing for VT. He is a player's coach who is adored by the team, and the fans and he would bring a "Bill Cowher" like mentality to the team, which I personally love (I compare him alot to "The Chin". I think if Foster were to be promoted to HC and was able to keep Gray on as DC, along with a revamped Offensive Staff (Maybe Little Beamer as a future OC???) VT won't miss beat when Fancy Gap leaves. I like that they are preparing for life after Frank well in advance..

I agree with this, and, don't get me wrong, I think that Foster deserves a shot as well and think that his hard-ass attitude (which is a bit exaggerated if you see him during practices) would resonate well with the kind of kids the Hokies bring in (blue collar, underrated guys with a chip on their shoulders). Contrary to his image, on the practice field he can be rather cerebral and nurturing, especially with his younger linebackers. I am sure that hunz has seen some of this and poop may have seen it some as well.

Also, from what I understand, KJ is already on the staff as a GA. he can't recruit, but he can sure be there working the boys out when recruits come to visit. :D

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - I see SB has already been listed under the VT staff on rivals. He, as projected, looks like he will be recruiting the Southeast. Vadal Alexander(4star + GA) and Martin Aiken(4star + SC) are already on his list..Go get 'em!

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From TSL this morning, haven't been able to verify, but somebody posted this
"KT tweet: Strong source says another Virginia Tech football coaching staff change will be official on Friday. Things moving quicker than expected."

And back to what 46 posted, I agree about UNC fans. UVa and Duke folks have nothing on UNC grads when it comes to smugness are arrogance. Where their sense of entitlement and "I'm better than you," attitude comes from, I don't know. But it is real. I used to live and work in the Tar Heel State. I never noticed it as much until we got in the ACC, and it has brought out the worst in them. At least, that's been my experience.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do a google search for Kyle Tucker twitter and the above post comes up, however, if you go to his actual twitter it's not there. I don't know if that means he's already taken it down or what.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmm, check KT's latest tweet guys.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Confirmed: Former #Hokies star Cornell Brown will be joining the VT staff. Announcement Friday. Don't have all the details yet.

Here's the link. 46 may be right because I am not finding this on his actual twitter page. Someone sent me this link.

Twitter

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep seeing that linked and retweeted everywhere but not on anyone of consequences actual twitter page. However, KT's most recent blog mentions it. I have a call or two in. I am pretty sure it is going to happen, just not this quickly.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys are so knowledgeable

just thought i'd post my thanks for keeping my hokie-wonders at bay.. dont post a lot over here, but i do read most of what's posted

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And FWIW, he says Cavanaugh IS NOT retiring. If that's the case, I'm truly at a loss as to how this will all work out.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I agree with this, and, don't get me wrong, I think that Foster deserves a shot as well and think that his hard-ass attitude (which is a bit exaggerated if you see him during practices) would resonate well with the kind of kids the Hokies bring in (blue collar, underrated guys with a chip on their shoulders). Contrary to his image, on the practice field he can be rather cerebral and nurturing, especially with his younger linebackers. I am sure that hunz has seen some of this and poop may have seen it some as well.

Also, from what I understand, KJ is already on the staff as a GA. he can't recruit, but he can sure be there working the boys out when recruits come to visit. :D

Was just scanning through some of the stuff that i've missed on here so i thought id respond to this.

From what i know of foster he is a family man and away from football (which is never far from his thoughts)is still firey but enjoys a good time just like the rest of us. As far as his attitude as a coach he is firey as hell but not hateful. He expects 100% from everyone every play,practice,etc, he also expects you to know what you've been coached. As far as his reputation i'll put it this way: if you lost a loved one or something like that, he'd be the first person you'd want to see. If you went out and got a dui or something stupid your prob not going to look forward to hearing from him.:)

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, just saw the blog. Here is the link for those interested

Kyle Tucker | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

i guess we owe Kyle Tucker a great big "Thank you!"

from his chat with Shane Beamer:

“He and I had never really talked about it,” he said. “That day you interviewed Dad and asked him about me coming back, he called me that night. He said that you asked and told me what he said (essentially that he’d be open to it and not shooting down the notion of it happening this offseason). I said, ‘You did what?’ We had never even broached the subject until that night. Then the ball got rolling. So you might’ve started that.”