• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Fair and Honest look at the 2019 Nebraska Cornhusker schedule, with indepth commentary.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wrote this in March

Spring prediction for 2019 season

I cannot remember but I think Nebraska is playing five teams with a new head coach, and one team that will need a new head coach(Illinois).

Last year's schedule was brutal with road games @Michigan, @Ohio State, @ wisconsin, @Iowa, I wrote about that in December of 2017 how the Nebraska schedule was brutal and I predicted a 4-8 season for 2018.

Best case 10-2
Worst case 6-6

Everything is predicated on Adrian Martinez staying healthy, although the backups this year are adequate(unlike last year), and one is Luke McCaffrey who has real possibility to be dangerous if he plays.

As much as I won't to sandbag, the more I keep looking at it, the more I think this easy schedule makes Nebraska look lie a Pellllini team. Looks good unless you look under their dress, open their kimono, or behind the curtain and really see what is there.

Concerns:
Starting Center, right now it is a RS freshman that has never played the position until the year 2019.
Defensive Line: Pretty much the same as last year, where total defense ranked 94.
Three linebackers: Mohamed Barry is good, question marks on the other three.
Starting Running back: is it Rahmir Johnson(true freshman), is it Dedrick Mills(Nebraska had CC Greg Bell last year who quit the team during the season), is it Maurice Washington who is in legal trouble, or is it one of the others that did not show much during the spring game? It will be either Dedrick Mills or Rahmir Johnson I am thinking.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wrote this in March

Spring prediction for 2019 season

I cannot remember but I think Nebraska is playing five teams with a new head coach, and one team that will need a new head coach(Illinois).

Last year's schedule was brutal with road games @Michigan, @Ohio State, @ wisconsin, @Iowa, I wrote about that in December of 2017 how the Nebraska schedule was brutal and I predicted a 4-8 season for 2018.

Best case 10-2
Worst case 6-6

Everything is predicated on Adrian Martinez staying healthy, although the backups this year are adequate(unlike last year), and one is Luke McCaffrey who has real possibility to be dangerous if he plays.

As much as I won't to sandbag, the more I keep looking at it, the more I think this easy schedule makes Nebraska look lie a Pellllini team. Looks good unless you look under their dress, open their kimono, or behind the curtain and really see what is there.

Concerns:
Starting Center, right now it is a RS freshman that has never played the position until the year 2019.
Defensive Line: Pretty much the same as last year, where total defense ranked 94.
Three linebackers: Mohamed Barry is good, question marks on the other three.
Starting Running back: is it Rahmir Johnson(true freshman), is it Dedrick Mills(Nebraska had CC Greg Bell last year who quit the team during the season), is it Maurice Washington who is in legal trouble, or is it one of the others that did not show much during the spring game? It will be either Dedrick Mills or Rahmir Johnson I am thinking.

Pretty much agree. Pelini-esque in regards to not being good enough up-front yet on both sides of the ball.

Nebraska's not going to beat the Ohio St's, or Wisconsin's until they improve in the trenches. Defense gets worn down and the offense never sees the field. Hopefully another year in Duval's system will get them there. Could be some WAC style shoot-outs.

I do believe Frost will have them more disciplined than Pelini teams ever were and that will be the difference in a couple games. Pelini couldn't get people lined up properly.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I'd start this year out with Nebraska, since a lot of them have finally come up for air.

I think Scott Frost will get it done, but not sure it's this year.
Could get lucky, might not.

W - South Alabama. Had to look it up, yep, it's a real team.

L - @ Colorado. This isn't your grandfather's Colorado, and I'm not even sure what that means.

W - Northern Illinois. Yep, didn't have to look this one up/they real.

W - @ Illinois. Everyone beats Illinois.

L - Ohio State. It doesn't matter where this game is played, Ohio State wins this.

W - Northwestern. It's in Lincoln, for god's sake.

L - @ Minnesota. Nebraska hitting their stride, Frost rolling

W - Indiana. If you can't beat Indiana, who can you beat.

W - @ Purdue. Even being upstartedy, Purdue gets throttled. It's getting Frosty.

L - Wisconsin. Reality sets in. WTF.

W - Maryland. Had to flip a coin, came up Huskers.

L - Iowa. Iowa just too much for Iowa 2.0.

I'm seeing 8-4

I'm probably wrong.

I see Minn winning that match up - I see Huskers going 7-5 which is a nice turn around for them.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see 5 wins, tops. Frost doesn't have what it takes to out-coach most opponents coaches, so I see this as a big problem. Cornhuskers will continue to disappoint and I'm certain their "heart and determination" will be questioned again this upcoming season.

Called it.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread delivers.

giphy.gif

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be fair and honest, I predicted correctly that Huskers would suck again. Frost gets out coached every game and I was right. They don't call me the Handicapper for nothin'.

Fat Stacks yo