• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A boxing match, finally.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a big fight
comment_EJrImWOA13iOHgd0VsBfBIrx8H2X9OeI.gif

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have watched and loved Manny for years. He will probably go down as one of my favorite athletes.
For a fighter to go through a gauntlet of some best Mexican fighters to ever step in the ring and beat all of them is pure greatness. Not to mention he is the only fighter to ever be an 8 division world champion.
His first fight Manny weighed 98 lbs. The rumor was he put rocks in his pocket to make the 105 weight limit.

Mayweather ..it's simple. I hate the guy with every fiber of my being. But the fact remains that he is the fastest and most accurate puncher to every step into the ring. He has no equal. I will also say this about Mayweather, he may have had 47 boxing matches but he has only been in a few fights. He's always been just a tad gutless in that he never wants to get inside and really mix it up.

The sad fact is that Manny has lost some speed and more important his energy level. Fighting Manny back in the day was a nightmare. You just could not keep him off you. On the flip side Manny is twice the boxer he used to be. He has come a long way from his days as a straight up brawler. And he is also has much more power.

In the end I can't see anything but the sad reality that this fight will go the way most Mayweathers fights go.

He is going to pepper Manny with that super fast jab that never misses and time his combinations accordingly.
The real problem with Mayweather is not his offense but his defense. He makes it impossible to get a glove on him. You expend a lot of energy just trying to land a punch.

Your fight against Mayweather consist of getting hit and swinging at someone who is not there. Nest thing you know it's the 12th round.

Manny does have a chance in this fight. Manny is always moving forward and some good head movement and if he can keep moving Mayweather he can avoid the worst of his offense. If you just stand in front of Mayweather, he will cut you to ribbons.

Manny is also really good at throwing punches from all angles that Mayweather may have trouble with. This coupled with that great straight left he throws ..... he just might pull it off.
Great post RJ and I 100% agree. I've been a fan of Pac-man since his beginning and would luv to see him knock the shit out of pussy Floyd who's been ducking him for years.

Floyd has no power, but he's hella defensive guy ... almost to boring points at times.

I've been waiting for this fight forever ... long overdue and I wish it woulda been fought 8-10 years ago. I'm just glad this is gonna finally be settled, once and for all, and that the fans are finally gonna get what we've been clamoring for!

GO PAC-MAN!

NDKane21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be a big sports day...Kentucky Derby, NBA Playoffs, Floyd vs Pac, and don't forget the boys of summer...

And just realized it'll be my first of seven days on a beach in Punta Cana. Hope they have the fight on somewhere in that resort.

Charlie Concord

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time I did pay-per-view was when Tyson bit Holyfield's ear off...twice.