• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A boxing match, finally.

NDKane21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, Manny vs. Floyd is set...so they say. Does anyone care? I mean...feel like I heard about this fight 100 years ago...

Regardless, I'll prob get the pay-per-veiw...chump, I am.

Boxing experts, if there is such a thing, what is up? Shed some light, please.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This being on ND's page I thought this was about the Bengal Bouts. But this is much, much bigger.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously this fight would have been bigger 5 years ago before Manny's drop off. At the end of the day though these are 2 greats and it should be a fantastic fight. Their styles are pretty much exact opposites. Manny the speedy aggressor and Money the defensive counter puncher. Can't wait!!!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guys you didnt add analysis. The OP would like you to not post in this thread without analysis specifically of why the two of the best of all time fighting each other is a big deal.........please refrain from posting if you dont have specific analysis

NDKane21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously this fight would have been bigger 5 years ago before Manny's drop off. At the end of the day though these are 2 greats and it should be a fantastic fight. Their styles are pretty much exact opposites. Manny the speedy aggressor and Money the defensive counter puncher. Can't wait!!!

I, must be the minority, am excited to see this go down. I'm far from a boxing fan but this has been brewing too long. And, also minority, hope Floyd whoops his ass...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really trolling I said big match n u went all douche

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have watched and loved Manny for years. He will probably go down as one of my favorite athletes.
For a fighter to go through a gauntlet of some best Mexican fighters to ever step in the ring and beat all of them is pure greatness. Not to mention he is the only fighter to ever be an 8 division world champion.
His first fight Manny weighed 98 lbs. The rumor was he put rocks in his pocket to make the 105 weight limit.

Mayweather ..it's simple. I hate the guy with every fiber of my being. But the fact remains that he is the fastest and most accurate puncher to every step into the ring. He has no equal. I will also say this about Mayweather, he may have had 47 boxing matches but he has only been in a few fights. He's always been just a tad gutless in that he never wants to get inside and really mix it up.

The sad fact is that Manny has lost some speed and more important his energy level. Fighting Manny back in the day was a nightmare. You just could not keep him off you. On the flip side Manny is twice the boxer he used to be. He has come a long way from his days as a straight up brawler. And he is also has much more power.

In the end I can't see anything but the sad reality that this fight will go the way most Mayweathers fights go.

He is going to pepper Manny with that super fast jab that never misses and time his combinations accordingly.
The real problem with Mayweather is not his offense but his defense. He makes it impossible to get a glove on him. You expend a lot of energy just trying to land a punch.

Your fight against Mayweather consist of getting hit and swinging at someone who is not there. Nest thing you know it's the 12th round.

Manny does have a chance in this fight. Manny is always moving forward and some good head movement and if he can keep moving Mayweather he can avoid the worst of his offense. If you just stand in front of Mayweather, he will cut you to ribbons.

Manny is also really good at throwing punches from all angles that Mayweather may have trouble with. This coupled with that great straight left he throws ..... he just might pull it off.

Last edited:

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money Man hits the floor for the first time.. Pac-Man in 10..

KnightAndDay

Separate or shoot to kill
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,129.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both have had a significant drop-off. Manny isnt quite the power puncher he used to be, and Floyd isnt as quick and elusive as he used to be.

Floyd has suffered the bigger drop-off IMO. Unlike Floyd's other opponents, Manny has the speed to keep up with him.

Manny by TKO in 11

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little too tale. Both are washed up a little. Not excited. Wish this happen like 5 years ago.

NDKane21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little too tale. Both are washed up a little. Not excited. Wish this happen like 5 years ago.

Regardless, it will sell...and I'll buy. Kind of sad.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fight won't be what it could have been because neither fighter is in their prime any more.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a funny feeling this fight won't happen. someone will have an "injury" or some other type of excuse for fight to be cancelled.