• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Big12 expansion read

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Danny Ford win NC's at Clemson without the need for $62 million facilities?

What is the price of a hot dog at Clemson football games these days?

Well sure but.....Dabo aint no Danny Ford...

Id say Clemson don't do no hot dawgs, Im guessing cheap bbq pork sammich

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson Memorial Stadium food.

Let us start by giving credit to Clemson for their consistency. There are numerous points-of-sale ringing the concourse, and they all sell virtually the same thing. The stands contain brats ($5), jumbo hot dogs ($4.50), hot dogs ($3.50), jumbo Papa John's pizza slices ($6 for pepperoni or cheese), boiled peanuts ($6), regular peanuts and nachos ($5), pretzels ($4), popcorn and candy ($3), and potato chips ($2). A couple of the various stands (all marked "Concessions") had some other hot items, such as chicken fingers ($7), bacon cheese fries ($5), hamburgers ($5), and corn dogs ($3.50). Coca-Cola is the bottler for the campus, and jumbo souvenir sodas ($6), souvenir sodas ($4), and bottled water ($4) are available at these stands. Hot coffee is also available for $4. Since there are so many of these stands, the lines are never all that bad, even during the half.

The real variety is found at the various carts and ancillary stands around the concourses. There is a stand, for instance, that sells pretzels for $5 (they looked a bit bigger to me than the ones at the other stand, but I'm not totally sure), with the option of getting a cream cheese or jalapeño pretzel for the same price. Funnel cakes are also available for $5 at this stand. There are popcorn carts around the concourse that sell a souvenir popcorn tub for $6. This is indeed a tub, as it looked to be a bucket with a handle on it. Local coffee chain Moe Joe sells espresso freezes ($6 for a medium, $8 for a large), lattes, coffee, and iced coffee. There are also carts for Dippin' Dots, lemonade, cotton candy, and sno-cones.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Danny Ford win NC's at Clemson without the need for $62 million facilities?

What is the price of a hot dog at Clemson football games these days?

Who is it that's a troll???? I guess success is now based on how bad they fuck their fans on the price of a dog??????

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shall try this again.

I personally think the solution for the Big 12 is to look to Florida. I would favor bringing Central Florida and South Florida into the mix of the Big 12. I'd most rather get Florida St. if possible, but honestly I don't think that can happen. However, even adding these two schools still helps the BIg 12 IMHO. This would do several things.

1. It would add two more Eastern time zone schools to the mix, making a noon kickoff TV game always possible between WVU, UCF, and USF.
2. It would add a Big 12 footprint in the chief rival right now for the Big 12, The ACC.
3. Geographically, it makes sense in a split into two divisions.
4. It would allow for the potential of a Texas vs. Oklahoma championship game.
5. The North and South Division would be relatively equal, a problem for the former Big 12.

The Big 12 split would look like this.
Big 12 South
Texas
TCU
Texas Tech
Baylor
South Florida
Central Florida
Big 12 North
Oklahoma
Oklahoma St.
Kansas
Kansas St.
Iowa St.
West Virginia

Each team would play their own division every year. In addition, one cross divisional game would be an every year opponent "rivalry game".

Texas vs. Oklahoma
Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma St.
TCU vs. Kansas
Baylor vs. Kansas St.
Central Florida vs. Iowa St.
South Florida vs. West Virginia

Then, the schools would play THREE OTHER cross division games, on a rotating basis. This would give NINE CONFERENCE GAMES.

Basically, its the PAC 12 model. It seems to make sense. In retrospect, did the PAC 12 upgrade of Utah and Colorado really do much better than Central Florida and South Florida? Not incredibly so. But having 12 does improve the power of perception of the conference.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that expansion is dead for the time being until some other conferences start to make a push. There is simply nobody out there not already in a P5 conference that makes sense.