• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Big12 expansion read

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of really good points in the article. It's all about the money.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes me wonder how much money could be renegotiated on the tier 3 level if the conference were to bring in say, UConn and Cincy and those basketball programs.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of really good points in the article. It's all about the money.

:omg: Really??..DAD said it was about wins and loses...now I am really confused!:gaah:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are confused. He said it is about $1 hot dogs. And, hiring former MAC HC's at WVU...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are confused. He said it is about $1 hot dogs. And, hiring former MAC HC's at WVU...

:scratch::scratch: I just can't keep it straight anymore...:L

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's for the sake of argument it is all about the money..and that is the litmus test for an AD success...

If memory serves me correctly at the peak of performance under any previous AD ( Insert Eddie P here)..the best year Wv had financially was a budget of $27 million...this season being a full member in the Big 12 Wv will exceed $100 Million...Luck got that done in 5 years..........AMAZING!.........

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit talking to yourself

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just me and more of my nonsense, but while I understand the pro's of expansion of the Big 12, I would hate to see it happen for selfish reasons.

In the past, there was a North and South division. The North was much weaker, and I don't know what the cross division rules were at the time. Would the conference... if expanded... continue with a North and South... would it be an East and West? Whatever the case... WVU would fall into the weaker division... which might be helpful come CCG time... but, I would hate not seeing WVU play OU, Texas and BU every season.

As long as WVU was still in the same division as our new rival... ISU... I would be somewhat content...

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of off-topic, but I think that Houston is trying to position itself to earn an invite to the Big 12.

The basketball team sucks, but its best two players from last year transferred. Attendance also sucks, but I think that Kelvin Sampson is capable of building a pretty strong program.

Any thoughts about Houston joining your conference? Surely between your recent acquisitions of Dana Holgerson and Charles Simms you guys must feel at least a bit of affection toward the Cougars.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You forgot a former MAC coach WHO can motivate and has a good conditioning program. Not to mention the fifty cent Cokes.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's for the sake of argument it is all about the money..and that is the litmus test for an AD success...

If memory serves me correctly at the peak of performance under any previous AD ( Insert Eddie P here)..the best year Wv had financially was a budget of $27 million...this season being a full member in the Big 12 Wv will exceed $100 Million...Luck got that done in 5 years..........AMAZING!.........

And that money could have kept Craig Turnbull onboard, lowered ticket & parking prices, redone the concession stand at Mountaineer Field. We could have upgraded the hot dogs to Nathan. At least built a bologna deli. GR would love that as well.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of off-topic, but I think that Houston is trying to position itself to earn an invite to the Big 12.

The basketball team sucks, but its best two players from last year transferred. Attendance also sucks, but I think that Kelvin Sampson is capable of building a pretty strong program.

Any thoughts about Houston joining your conference? Surely between your recent acquisitions of Dana Holgerson and Charles Simms you guys must feel at least a bit of affection toward the Cougars.

No matter how I answer this, I'm going to come off sounding like a snob. IMHO, I think you already answered your question. Why would any program want to bring in a program, that you already admit, has programs that "suck" along with the the fan base lack of support. Every program has fickle fans, but if YOU think it sucks, then I have to take your word for it since I do not too much about UH except for Phi Slamma Jamma.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as WVU was still in the same division as our new rival... ISU... I would be somewhat content...

I thought that our rival was Baylor. Can a team have more than 1 rival? Maybe we can be on Rival Week 2 weeks in a row. Now I'm confused. :L

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that our rival was Baylor. Can a team have more than 1 rival? Maybe we can be on Rival Week 2 weeks in a row. Now I'm confused. :L

A lot of confusion among the quartet... I mean trio... duo...

WVU plays ISU during rivalry week. The Cyclones are our new rival. Hope that helps...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Wv was not a part of the conference..yes...with Wv part of the Conference..not likely...I think the Big12 would like to take a team more eastern....but if BYU was ready to make the leap that would be the only caveat...IMHO the next Big 12 team will be Virginia Tech..it makes sense of a lot of reasons...you may think I am crazy but remember I am the first one to say when Wv was looking for an AD I bubbled Luck's name up..:whistle:

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of confusion among the quartet... I mean trio... duo...

WVU plays ISU during rivalry week. The Cyclones are our new rival. Hope that helps...

Thank you. I should have known better than to doubt myself.....ourselves.......us.........we?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that money could have kept Craig Turnbull onboard, lowered ticket & parking prices, redone the concession stand at Mountaineer Field. We could have upgraded the hot dogs to Nathan. At least built a bologna deli. GR would love that as well.

Bologna fried...on some toast with a 1/2 thick slice of cheese, a load of mustard and a handful of plain potato chips (smashed on the sammich)? :drool:

Ok Im lovin TT