• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 9ers vs Texans

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whether Gabbert or Kaep, QB will be our 'downfall'. A distant second is pass rushing, since the O-line looks like they have a chance.
yes i understand that but Kap has a higher ceiling. He is proven to lead a team to a super bowl. Is he the same guy no but i rather take a chance on him.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yes i understand that but Kap has a higher ceiling. He is proven to lead a team to a super bowl. Is he the same guy no but i rather take a chance on him.

Can't argue against Kaep's "lead a team to a superbowl", but based on his last TWO seasons, he is far removed from that.

Neither QB is good but think Gabbert will be closer to "consistent" than Kaep? Gabbert IMO is the lesser of the evils, so ok he'll be the starter. Even if he throws mostly short, i'll take consistent positive yardage cause it gives the offense a chance.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't argue against Kaep's "lead a team to a superbowl", but based on his last TWO seasons, he is far removed from that.

Neither QB is good but think Gabbert will be closer to "consistent" than Kaep? Gabbert IMO is the lesser of the evils, so ok he'll be the starter. Even if he throws mostly short, i'll take consistent positive yardage cause it gives the offense a chance.
I can see your understanding of the 2 because in Chips offense for it to work u need to move the chains. I just think if healthy Kap gives us a better chance to over achieve this year.

How I look at it both QBs are not the future so why not go for Boom or Bust with Kap. Gabbert you know what you are going to get between 4-12 to 6-10 Season. with Kap we can go between 2-14 and 10-6. If some how we go 10-6 we have an outside shot at playoffs. Will it happens chances are low but with Kap I think we have a better chance at that goal.

Screw it go with Ponder. LOL

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can see your understanding of the 2 because in Chips offense for it to work u need to move the chains. I just think if healthy Kap gives us a better chance to over achieve this year.

How I look at it both QBs are not the future so why not go for Boom or Bust with Kap. Gabbert you know what you are going to get between 4-12 to 6-10 Season. with Kap we can go between 2-14 and 10-6. If some how we go 10-6 we have an outside shot at playoffs. Will it happens chances are low but with Kap I think we have a better chance at that goal.

Screw it go with Ponder. LOL

your opinion of Kaep is fine, but mine is he just doesn't have it. After watching his "deer in the headlight" routine over TWO seasons, he just doesn't have enough intangibles. He might get a good game here and there with this scheme, but he'll mainly be inconsistent. So he CAN improve over the last two seasons, but since the bar is so low, that isn't saying much.

Rather watch Gabbert 'dink and dunk' down the field, cause at least they'd have a chance to score. At least that'll give the defense a little more rest.

DestroyYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your opinion of Kaep is fine, but mine is he just doesn't have it. After watching his "deer in the headlight" routine over TWO seasons, he just doesn't have enough intangibles. He might get a good game here and there with this scheme, but he'll mainly be inconsistent. So he CAN improve over the last two seasons, but since the bar is so low, that isn't saying much.

Rather watch Gabbert 'dink and dunk' down the field, cause at least they'd have a chance to score. At least that'll give the defense a little more rest.

Gabbert gave us something last year that we havent had since Alex left: leadership at the QB position.

That is just as important as all of the "upside" that Kaep supposedly brings. From what I see, Colin has regressed into the same crybaby mode that spelled RGIII's downfall in DC. We dont have time for that type of crap IMO.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gabbert gave us something last year that we havent had since Alex left: leadership at the QB position.

That is just as important as all of the "upside" that Kaep supposedly brings. From what I see, Colin has regressed into the same crybaby mode that spelled RGIII's downfall in DC. We dont have time for that type of crap IMO.

At this point I will go with whoever Kelly decides is the best QB to roll with. Gabbert regressed over that course of last season and has been very inconsistent this season so far. He can't even consistently through a swing pass. Neither is our franchise QB so it doesn't concern me a whole lot.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He can't even seem to do that well this season.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He can't even seem to do that well this season.

yeah, but only in his first few passes in his first pre-season game (in Kellys offense). We know for sure Kaep struggles to even dump off.

at this point, looks like the big improvement will come from the O-line, not QB. But i'll take a big improvement along the line, it gives the offense (running and passing) a chance.