• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 9/5 Blachs @ Rox

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants (54-86)
1. Denard Span (L) CF
2. Joe Panik (L) 2B
3. Buster Posey (R) C
4. Brandon Crawford (L) SS
5. Hunter Pence (R) RF
6. Pablo Sandoval (S) 3B
7. Ryder Jones (L) 1B
8. Gorkys Hernandez (R) LF
9. Ty Blach (R) P

Rockies (73-64)
1. Charlie Blackmon (L) CF
2. DJ LeMahieu (R) 2B
3. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
4. Mark Reynolds (R) 1B
5. Gerardo Parra (L) RF
6. Trevor Story (R) SS
7. Ian Desmond (R) LF
8. Jonathan Lucroy (R) C
9. Tyler Chatwood (R) P

Play.The.Damn.Kids.

Why do we keep throwing 0-33 panda out there, and Pence, and GorKys?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to criticize your criticism...

Then I saw that OF.

Yea. That makes no sense. There is absolutely zero reason Mac should not be out there. I understand that Parker is hurt. Fine. But unless they already know Moncrief will not be back (which is fine, btw), he needs to play. What about Calixte? KT needs more OF time as well.

No reason whatsoever to have Gorkys out there. We know who/what he is. Span and Pence, I guess, have earned the PT, but they should not be playing more than 4 games a week.

I am ok with Sandoval playing, though. He is a project with potential BIG upside. Invest in that...

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to criticize your criticism...

Then I saw that OF.

Yea. That makes no sense. There is absolutely zero reason Mac should not be out there. I understand that Parker is hurt. Fine. But unless they already know Moncrief will not be back (which is fine, btw), he needs to play. What about Calixte? KT needs more OF time as well.

No reason whatsoever to have Gorkys out there. We know who/what he is. Span and Pence, I guess, have earned the PT, but they should not be playing more than 4 games a week.

I am ok with Sandoval playing, though. He is a project with potential BIG upside. Invest in that...
Bochy fields lineups and the FO expands the roster like the team is in the middle of a heated playoff race (keeps running a veteran laden lineup and bringing up only a few players to complement the team). The only rookie in this lineup is Ryder Jones, which is, quite frankly, surprising. Its probably only because Posey doesn't want to play 1st base for the rest of the season.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due to injuries, though, the Giants don't have a lot of options for call ups.

I expect Slater to start 80% of the rest of the games as he is probably in the driver seat for internal options to start in left. Also, if he plays well, he increases his trade value in the event of a Stanton trade.

But Shaw ain't getting called up. Heathcott us not a real solution, so he isn't getting any consideration. Arroyo is hurt. Beede is hurt.

Johnson, Slania and Brown are the only other guys on the 40 not on the active roster and none of them are real options.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due to injuries, though, the Giants don't have a lot of options for call ups.

I expect Slater to start 80% of the rest of the games as he is probably in the driver seat for internal options to start in left. Also, if he plays well, he increases his trade value in the event of a Stanton trade.

But Shaw ain't getting called up. Heathcott us not a real solution, so he isn't getting any consideration. Arroyo is hurt. Beede is hurt.

Johnson, Slania and Brown are the only other guys on the 40 not on the active roster and none of them are real options.
I know I'm a broken record but Morse being on the 40 man is dumb. He is less a solution than Heathcott or Sands. More to your post, Gorky's playing over Williamson or Slater seems goofy. Williamson hit two doubles the other night and Slater has looked good in rehab. Continuing the same players in the lineup indicates time that the next few years are going to be rough. I hope I'm wrong.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm a broken record but Morse being on the 40 man is dumb. He is less a solution than Heathcott or Sands. More to your post, Gorky's playing over Williamson or Slater seems goofy. Williamson hit two doubles the other night and Slater has looked good in rehab. Continuing the same players in the lineup indicates time that the next few years are going to be rough. I hope I'm wrong.
Slater was just activated. Give him a day.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We're aiming for that #1 pick. Gotta ride the horse you came in on. Or something.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 for 6.

Pitiful.

Fire Ser Bam Bam.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're still not BBing Nolan...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're still not BBing Nolan...
Just isn't in Boch's DNA. He never did it to Goldy, and he isn't doing it to Arenado.

I guess there is some truth to the rumors that Boch has a thick head...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 for 6.

Pitiful.

Fire Ser Bam Bam.

2-7

I have been tracking the score by innings this season.

By my count, the Giants have scored 545 runs (not including tonight) and 197 of those are in one run innings, 132 (66) are in 2-run innings, 114 (38) are in 3-run innings, and 102 (22) are in 4+-run innings.

The "keep the line moving" has not done the job because we lack any sort of XBH power.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for an EWS!!

edit: Ok, a double and single works just as well :yes: :yes:

Oh, and AZ on top of hated ones again :)

Last edited: