• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: 9/25/2017: AL East Lead at 5 games, D-backs clutch win & Kershaw wins his 18th

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm factoring in that he's a Boras client. Think Boras sees him as still pretty young and thus will want a 7 or 8 year contract. He'll probably start with a high AAV and work down but refuse to go less on the years. Problems with Hosmer is he -might- be worth the big money if he was seen as exceptional defense + bat. Defensive stats however tell a different story and indicate he's not all that.

Not to mention his bat has mostly been average/above average for a 1B, though he's having the best season of his career right now (.321/.387/.500, 133 OPS+). He's also sporting a .355 BABIP this year (career .317), so I'm a bit skeptical he'll keep this up and his power numbers in the majors have been hovering around the league average. He's hitting too many ground balls as well. I expect him to take a step back, though the dropoff in BABIP probably wouldn't be as sharp in a ballpark like Fenway.

Captain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pressure? Indians will be the ones applying the pressure.

They'll buttfuck the Yankees right in the face.

While you sit there trying to figure out what the hell that even means, how about setting the damn game up in DLFL. Geez... guy enjoys success for the first time in 50 years and seems to forget his commissioner duties.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While you sit there trying to figure out what the hell that even means, how about setting the damn game up in DLFL. Geez... guy enjoys success for the first time in 50 years and seems to forget his commissioner duties.

Did it this morning, you ill-tempered bag of dicks.

Sorry, been on the road.

Kick Lou's ass.

Captain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did it this morning, you ill-tempered bag of dicks.

Sorry, been on the road.

Kick Lou's ass.

Wish it were Clay, but I wasn't so lucky. That bag of shit would have felt some serious pain.