• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 9.19 Hammers @ Disco

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the dogs close out against the Brewers. On the surface that looks like advantage us, but the Brewers will have their position completely locked up by then, so they will be in full playoff prep mode there. I can see a pretty easy series win for the dogs there.

The schedule is not our friend.

I wonder if the Brewers treat this series as a tune up for the playoffs, to see how they respond to another playoff team; or, do they decide to keep their best players on the bench so that the Dodgers don't have good first hand reports of how the team will line up in a potential playoff series?

I think the Brewers can play it like a regular game and not really give up anything. They can start 2 0f the 3 headed monster on Friday and Saturday and have them for games 2 and 3 of the Divisional Series. Plus it gives the pitchers a time or two through the Dodgers lineup to get a feel for them. And lastly I don’t think Counsell will roll over if he knows there’s something on the line for the Dodgers.

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Brewers can play it like a regular game and not really give up anything. They can start 2 0f the 3 headed monster on Friday and Saturday and have them for games 2 and 3 of the Divisional Series. Plus it gives the pitchers a time or two through the Dodgers lineup to get a feel for them. And lastly I don’t think Counsell will roll over if he knows there’s something on the line for the Dodgers.

Plus the Brewers could be playing for home field in the World Series. They are a game behind the Rays right now so they could be playing for something.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Brewers treat this series as a tune up for the playoffs, to see how they respond to another playoff team; or, do they decide to keep their best players on the bench so that the Dodgers don't have good first hand reports of how the team will line up in a potential playoff series?
They won’t “play to win”. By that, I mean they won’t dive for that pop out or leave their best hitter in for the last 3 innings of a game. And they will test their 24th and 25th players in the bench to held decide how to craft their post season roster.

they need to look out for the Brewers. I get that. It sucks, but I get it.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pads are all but eliminated at this point. They trail the Cards by 4. The only real incentive that they could possibly have is to make sure we don't get the divisional title. At this point in the season that's all they have left.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a follow-up .... I think we'll have to go 9-3 to take the division title.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a follow-up .... I think we'll have to go 9-3 to take the division title.
It stinks that we've had a phenomenal season and have played tremendously in the 2nd half and it may not be enough to keep the division lead. The Dodgers have been that good recently, unfortunately.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It stinks that we've had a phenomenal season and have played tremendously in the 2nd half and it may not be enough to keep the division lead. The Dodgers have been that good recently, unfortunately.
We've exceeded all expectations. No one ever expected us to play as good as we have. But ... on the other side of the coin the Dodgers are playing up to expectations. They are having the season that was expected from them.

We need the offense to rise to the occasion these next 12 games and the pitching has to be stable. We could also you as much help as possible from whoever is playing the Dodgers.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doggie fan: It stinks that we've had a phenomenal season and have played tremendously in the 2nd half and it may not be enough to keep the division lead. The Giants have been that good recently, unfortunately.
Fify

We may not win the division, but WE ARE AHEAD BY A GAME AND PLAYING .800 BASEBALL THIS MONTH!!

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fify

We may not win the division, but WE ARE AHEAD BY A GAME AND PLAYING .800 BASEBALL THIS MONTH!!
My post was in response to the talk that we may not have enough to keep the lead. But yes, you are right, we are still in the lead. Hope it sticks to the end of the season. My post wasn't a knock on the Giants' season at all. Its more a lament that it could be very possible that, despite the excellent play, we may not be any better than Wild Card status.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fify

I don't think that anyone is complaining about how the Giants are playing. Its really more about how difficult it is to stay even with the Dodgers ...

Yes we are playing great ball this month... we are 13-5 ... but the Dodgers are 12-5. Pretty even.
August is pretty much the same. We went at a 19-9 pace while the Dodgers went 21-6.

We were never expected to be here at this point in the season but the Dodgers were. They are playing at the level they were expected to. If I remember correctly when they signed Bauer they were projected at close to 110 wins. Pretty scary to realize that we went 32-14 and still lost 3 games in the standings to them since August 1st.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying anyone is complaining about the Giants play. Just trying to bring some perspective that doggie fans can “gripe” with almost the exact same quotes, except that the Giants are actually in the lead atm.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What worries me more than our pitching is our offense. It seems to be very streaky. I can't remember the last good offense game from Yaz. KB also seems to be struggling of late. We lost this game 3-0. Not a horrible pitching performance. It just becomes very visible when we don't score at all and only manage a handful of hits.. The game before this we won 2-0. Great pitching but again a slow offense.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What worries me more than our pitching is our offense. It seems to be very streaky. I can't remember the last good offense game from Yaz. KB also seems to be struggling of late. We lost this game 3-0. Not a horrible pitching performance. It just becomes very visible when we don't score at all and only manage a handful of hits.. The game before this we won 2-0. Great pitching but again a slow offense.
This is why the Brewers will be winning their first World Series this year.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yelich dries up drier than Gam Gam's snatch in the post season.
Ignoring the fact that you know the moisture levels of your grandmother during the postseason (and that you know enough about said moisture levels that you feel the need to clarify the time of year the levels are being measured)…

How many tim…

I can’t. I can’t get that thought out of my head.

Thats just nasty dude. You have problems. Real problems.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignoring the fact that you know the moisture levels of your grandmother during the postseason (and that you know enough about said moisture levels that you feel the need to clarify the time of year the levels are being measured)…

How many tim…

I can’t. I can’t get that thought out of my head.

Thats just nasty dude. You have problems. Real problems.
Let me clarify: Drier than Step Gam Gam's snatch...