• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 4.21 Mutts @ Disco

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you already had. Just got back from walking the puppy. What an awful game/season so far.

Sign guys who are always hurt.

Keep guys who are old.

Instead of saying "^%$# it" and play the kids, we keep on dumpster diving. To be fair, the kids aren't doing very well, but at least they'd be getting some experience.

Our only comfort is that we are not the 4-16 Las Vegas A's. And the Bums lost a baker's dozen to nothing today to the Chubs.
Sorry, somehow I missed this one last night.

I see-ya when it was 1-0 was 95% sarcasm. As far as every else you said, I can’t disagree. Doing some dumpster diving is smart. You can find some gems and it helps keep your costs down. But when that is ALL you do, and refuse to trade those pieces when you know they are leaving, it kinda defeats the purpose (I still don’t understand why Rodon was not traded last year - even “losing” that trade makes other teams more willing to deal with us in the future).

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we all had varying levels of expectation for this team going into the season, but did any of us see them being this bad? They cannot be this bad, right? Right?
Like I told my dad about the White Sox, it's still early but until they start winning some games I'm just going to assume they are bad and not really worry about this year.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I told my dad about the White Sox, it's still early but until they start winning some games I'm just going to assume they are bad and not really worry about this year.

Have you been to the White Sox stadium? It is on my list of places to visit this summer, but the news says virtually nothing good about Chicago, and everything bad about the South Side. I believe I will be in Chicago on the 5th or 6th of July.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you been to the White Sox stadium? It is on my list of places to visit this summer, but the news says virtually nothing good about Chicago, and everything bad about the South Side. I believe I will be in Chicago on the 5th or 6th of July.
I've been to both Old Comiskey and the new place multiple times. The new one is ok, not great, and I remember being disappointed because it was part of that first wave of new ones (Camden Yards, etc) and it was the most boring one. It's not a great part of town but not really a big deal, you go in, you come out, you leave, you're fine.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been to both Old Comiskey and the new place multiple times. The new one is ok, not great, and I remember being disappointed because it was part of that first wave of new ones (Camden Yards, etc) and it was the most boring one. It's not a great part of town but not really a big deal, you go in, you come out, you leave, you're fine.
:yo:

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old Comiskey was beautiful.

Old Tiger stadium too...