• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

80s Metallica, 90s Alice in Chains or 00s System of a Down?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill take 90's Bell Biv Devoe FTW

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, your opinions on everything suck.

yeh, I suck for pointing out a band that never met a trend they couldn't sell out to, that cemented the death of 'mainstream' thrash metal, that was the major impetus behind mallcore, etc...

you DO know they recorded these--- right?
225.jpg

226.jpg

227.jpg

228.jpg

you DO know they stole Exhorder's gimmick, right?

etc

you can keep these sellout wanks, and the posers they attract.

I'll stick to real metal without compromise, thanks.

BTW, I take it you aren't going to take back the outright lie you made about me in the other thread?
classy.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeh, I suck for pointing out a band that never met a trend they couldn't sell out to, that cemented the death of 'mainstream' thrash metal, that was the major impetus behind mallcore, etc...

you DO know they recorded these--- right?
225.jpg

226.jpg

227.jpg

228.jpg

you DO know they stole Exhorder's gimmick, right?

etc

you can keep these sellout wanks, and the posers they attract.

I'll stick to real metal without compromise, thanks.

You act like those albums are a secret. As if any other band didn't have a bunch of shit recorded before being good. Stick to your "real metal", a bunch of bands that nobody's ever heard of, bands that you'll stop liking if somebody does ever hear of them, bands that grew up wanting to play like Dimebag Darrell.

johnshadows64

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
AIC, from that lineup. I'd go even further back on the cutoff line for Metallica, to Kill 'Em All, which is balls-out nihilism (see 'whiplash'). Always liked AIC's vibe. That last band is ridiculous.

Next time, try Stormtroopers of Death ('Sargent D') vs. Helmet ('Unsung') vs. Lamb of God

Last edited by a moderator:

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Panterrible is a disgrace to metal

You bite your tongue. 40 million albums sold begs to differ. A disgrace to metal music would be something like Dragonforce, Sevendust, Godsmack, and A7X. Plus, this is way closer to groove/thrash metal, and real metal includes bands from Led Zep to Queen. Saying Pantera disgraces metal would be along the lines of saying Blink-182 is a disgrace to punk. I'm certainly not going to be comparing Blink to the Sex Pistols anytime soon.

They kept metal alive when Metallica cut their hair off, quit drinking, and became a bunch of pussies and they did so throughout the grunge and pop-music waves. That in itself, with how quickly America went from rock and roll to the Spice Girls, is extremely impressive.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You bite your tongue. 40 million albums sold begs to differ. A disgrace to metal music would be something like Dragonforce, Sevendust, Godsmack, and A7X. Plus, this is way closer to groove/thrash metal, and real metal includes bands from Led Zep to Queen. Saying Pantera disgraces metal would be along the lines of saying Blink-182 is a disgrace to punk. I'm certainly not going to be comparing Blink to the Sex Pistols anytime soon.

They kept metal alive when Metallica cut their hair off, quit drinking, and became a bunch of pussies and they did so throughout the grunge and pop-music waves. That in itself, with how quickly America went from rock and roll to the Spice Girls, is extremely impressive.

album sales as a measure of quality? you better go listen to michael jackson and britney spears instead of pantera

REALLY
REALLY?

as for keeping metal alive? no, they kickstarted mallcore.

pantera can FOAD--- wait, they kind of already did.

no wonder you think calling a7x, godmack, etc metal makes sense. you don't even know what it is to begin with.

no mosh. no core. no trend. no fun.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:think:

yup, none at all
none at all....

I'm curious to know what you think of bands like Mastodon, Between The Buried and Me, All Shall Perish, As I Lay Dying, Despised Icon, Job For A Cowboy, Hatebreed, Lamb of God, Parkway Drive, A Life Once Lost, Baroness, Protest The Hero, High on Fire.

threedog79

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I you listen to nutshell by AIP either studio or the unplugged version...the question will be answered

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious to know what you think of bands like Mastodon, Between The Buried and Me, All Shall Perish, As I Lay Dying, Despised Icon, Job For A Cowboy, Hatebreed, Lamb of God, Parkway Drive, A Life Once Lost, Baroness, Protest The Hero, High on Fire.

I don't listen to core
(85% of what you listed)

Last edited by a moderator:

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I bet he liked them until they became cool. Some people just love being pretentious hipster assholes.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay all knowing metal-god, enlighten us on what type of metal you do listen to so our musical tastes can be on par.

80's-present thrash, death, black, doom, etc.
lean heavy to early Bathory, mid 80's germanic thrash, Bulldozer, late 80's brazilian deaththrash, early 90's US(and Can) DM, mid 90's finnish DM, 90's hellenic black metal, Mortuary Drape, 00's french black metal, modern funeral doom from all over. Of course there's the all-decades mighty Japanese warriors Sabbat... SATAN BLESS YOU
[YOUTUBE]xqMUL-GNd_A[/YOUTUBE]

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many sub-genres. Metal is metal.

no, it's not. if you like Cannibal Corpse you may or may not like Blind Guardian, and vice versa
hell, 50% of supposed 'metalheads' I know can't stomach 'harsh vocals'

When you go to the commissary, would you like it if meat, bread, soda, canned veggies, were all randomly arranged on 2 aisles? Of course you would... hey 'they're all food. food is food'

*rolls eyes*

ChiefWhiteHorse

Scrofula
A little town called none of ya god damn bidness
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, it's not. if you like Cannibal Corpse you may or may not like Blind Guardian, and vice versa
hell, 50% of supposed 'metalheads' I know can't stomach 'harsh vocals'

When you go to the commissary, would you like it if meat, bread, soda, canned veggies, were all randomly arranged on 2 aisles? Of course you would... hey 'they're all food. food is food'

*rolls eyes*

You metal fans get so testy over genres... Seriously though, the main difference is tempo and effects. But hey, most BANDS within a genre sound different, so I'm not sure what kind of point you're trying to make. If metal is so homogeneous that you can be accurately be placed in such a rigid subgenre, I can't see why you're a fan.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You metal fans get so testy over genres... Seriously though, the main difference is tempo and effects. But hey, most BANDS within a genre sound different, so I'm not sure what kind of point you're trying to make. If metal is so homogeneous that you can be accurately be placed in such a rigid subgenre, I can't see why you're a fan.

actually it's not.