• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 8.4 Gas Worms

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least he made them have to adjust, lol.
His 2021 season is still decent but since July 1st, he is a mere 15 for 80 with 2 doubles, 1 home run and 5 walks. Not the kind of numbers you want to have when your team is doing to make some hard roster decisions.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slater, meanwhile, has gone 17 for 55, with 3 doubles and 2 home runs, since July 1st. I wonder if the Giants would platoon him with Wade in center field. It is not his primary position but he's played a bit of center field throughout his career.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win all around, great to see Gausman bounce back. Dbacks are awful but still.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The BRIB train rolls on

3-1 in August

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belt might be activated for the game tomorrow. That puts pressure on the 26 right away.

Apparently Dick found something before his HR yesterday. He has been “hot dick” ever since. I think he just saved his roster spot, because he CAN carry the team when he is hot.

I think Estrada will be a 26 casualty, but his 40 is safe. Maybe not tomorrow, but certainly in the coming flurry of moves. His defense is enough of a liability that I think it costs him for the time being.

JJ has little chance of surviving the crunch in the next few weeks. Not sure they can politically demote him now, though. Next week…. Maybe.

Donnie has been destroying the ball the last week or so. He ain’t going anywhere right now.

Wade looked rough tonight, and he did hurt his leg pretty good the other day. Maybe that will buy him a 10-day vacation.

Maybe one of Slater or Dug?

Problems, yes. But good problems.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
noah-lowry-of-the-san-francisco-giants-delivers-the-pitch-against-the-picture-id74447402

1200x0.jpg

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants have some really hard decisions to make in the next week or so. DeSclafani will be eligible to come off the IL on the 12th and both Belt and Moronta are progressing through their rehabs. It is conceivable that all three could be activated by the end of next week. So, the question is, barring any more injuries, which three players exit the active roster and who is the 40 man casualty (for Moronta's activation from the 60 day)? I would guess that Jackson is dfa'd to make room for Moronta. Estrada, despite his hitting, gets optioned to make room for Belt and either Slater or Duggar get optioned for DeSclafani.
Then comes Longoria. He hasn't started rehab but is supposed to soon. If everyone remains healthy, the team will need to make room for another spot on the 40 and 26 man rosters. Unless his hitting picks up, I think Dickerson may be the casualty, or maybe Solano. Of course, all of this is hypothetical. I would guess some phantom injuries will pop up on a rotating basis.
What is the exact name, or nature, of Longo's injury?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belt might be activated for the game tomorrow. That puts pressure on the 26 right away.

Apparently Dick found something before his HR yesterday. He has been “hot dick” ever since. I think he just saved his roster spot, because he CAN carry the team when he is hot.

I think Estrada will be a 26 casualty, but his 40 is safe. Maybe not tomorrow, but certainly in the coming flurry of moves. His defense is enough of a liability that I think it costs him for the time being.

JJ has little chance of surviving the crunch in the next few weeks. Not sure they can politically demote him now, though. Next week…. Maybe.

Donnie has been destroying the ball the last week or so. He ain’t going anywhere right now.

Wade looked rough tonight, and he did hurt his leg pretty good the other day. Maybe that will buy him a 10-day vacation.

Maybe one of Slater or Dug?

Problems, yes. But good problems.
Well summed. Belt sends ThaiRow down. Beede/Long send JJ down. Disco sends Beede/Long down.

Moronta and Longo looming...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the exact name, or nature, of Longo's injury?
Not sure the actual medical name, but apparently it is something they find in people who have been in serious car accidents. I think he had a couple injured ribs and his clavicle. His body was relaxed when the collision occurred, so he wasn’t able to brace for the impact at all.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure the actual medical name, but apparently it is something they find in people who have been in serious car accidents. I think he had a couple injured ribs and his clavicle. His body was relaxed when the collision occurred, so he wasn’t able to brace for the impact at all.
damn

Get well Longo!