• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

8/23 GDT Timmah @ Nats

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it seemed like the 6 AM landing in D.C. yesterday caught up to the Giants a day late. Lincecum never found it and the Nats made him pay. Pence with a 2 run HR in the 1st inning and Petit who pitched terrific in relief were the bright spots in a mostly sleepy day at the yard. Giants lose 6-2.

Rubber game Sunday with Vogelsong on the mound. Someone remember to set the alarm clock early enough to win the series tomorrow.

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap:

Had NOTHING to do with yesterday's arrival time. Timmy had plenty of sleep. He's just broken.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had NOTHING to do with yesterday's arrival time. Timmy had plenty of sleep. He's just broken.

Only 2 runs today on the Pence HR. Seemed to be some tired bodies out there on defense and at the plate.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But not Timmy...he had no excuse. He's just broken.

In his past seven starts, he's been pummeled for 48 hits in 32.2 innings pitched. He's been terrible, historically, versus the Nationals and he's been mostly terrible over the past calendar month (since August 25th coming into today: a 9.00 ERA with 35 hits allowed in 22 innings pitched).

Does that sound like "tired," or "BROKEN?"

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his past seven starts, he's been pummeled for 48 hits in 32.2 innings pitched. He's been terrible, historically, versus the Nationals and he's been mostly terrible over the past calendar month (since August 25th coming into today: a 9.00 ERA with 35 hits allowed in 22 innings pitched).

Does that sound like "tired," or "BROKEN?"

What do you suggest we do? Sit him for a couple of starts? Heck, a couple AAA guys couldn't do any worse than he is doing now. Start him only against the Padres? :heh: Do not allow him to start against teams that own him?

He has really gone off a cliff lately. I posted his first inning woes for the season, that is just plain awful, and you'd think it could be "fixed". Maybe Rags isn't the guy. Maybe Timmah is too proud to listen.

He was so good, and he has been such crap for years now. He's approaching Zito-esque levels. He's not even an innings eater, as he throws 30 pitches an inning when he is off, which is most of the time now.

Looking forward to some AA or AAA pitchers getting a cuppo in September. Timmah needs to get better or sit. Yeah, I know, that won't happen.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lincecum has always come through when it counted. 2 WS Championships. I still believe in Tim Lincecum and he will come out of this. He is 10-9 this year and has showed some progress. He will be back and you can take that to the bank.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lincecum has always come through when it counted. 2 WS Championships. I still believe in Tim Lincecum and he will come out of this. He is 10-9 this year and has showed some progress. He will be back and you can take that to the bank.

You're officially insane.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This, to, is where you and Bochy differ.

llemon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure 'insane' is correct.

'Delusional' might fit.

'Ignorant' is a possibility, and a very good one.

But I think 'Stupid' is the one that fits this particular situation.

llemon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's another totally worthless stat:

When getting 2 walks or less, the Giants are 28-44

When getting 3 walks or more, the Giants are 39-16

In the Giants' last 8 losses, they have 11 walks total.

Today? Zero walks. :L

Not sure that is a worthless stat.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

'Delusional' might fit.

It'd be an absolute gut punch if this is really the end of the line for Tim. My favorite Giant of this era. The way he friggin teased us in mid year (wasn't he like 9-5 at one point?) just makes it worse...kind of like the Giants tease the first 2 months of the year

Sometimes careers end...even superstars...and sometimes you just gotta be honest about what you see.

I still hope he tries the Eckersley thing. Why the heck not? :noidea:

:tsk:

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd be an absolute gut punch if this is really the end of the line for Tim. My favorite Giant of this era. The way he friggin teased us in mid year (wasn't he like 9-5 at one point?) just makes it worse...kind of like the Giants tease the first 2 months of the year

Sometimes careers end...even superstars...and sometimes you just gotta be honest about what you see.

While frustrating and disappointing, let's not be too quick to outshat everyone here.

We still have six games against the Dogies, seven (of our last ten games) against the Fathers, and six against the Dbacks.

We have seven games upcoming against the CRox, who are sans CarGo and Tulo.

We are still a game ahead of Atlanta (two in the loss column) for the wildcard. If the season ended today, we would be in. Once in, anything can happen. Hopefully we could arrange to get Bum on the mound in a one game wildcard playoff if it came to that.

There are still five weeks to go. That is an eternity in MLB, esp this season.

:yahoo:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While frustrating and disappointing, let's not be too quick to outshat everyone here.

We still have six games against the Dogies, seven (of our last ten games) against the Fathers, and six against the Dbacks.

We are still a game ahead of Atlanta (two in the loss column) for the wildcard. If the season ended today, we would be in. Once in, anything can happen. Hopefully we could arrange to get Bum on the mound in a one game wildcard playoff if it came to that.

This post has nothing to do with the one you quoted. i was talking about Timmy maybe being done, im not at all saying the team is done. although if Tim is truly toast it will make it much harder.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. $18MM is a ton of money for a reliever, but it's a sunk cost at this point. Why not get some use out of him.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HEY! What's the point of a good shatting of the pants if you can't beat everyone else to it???

:noidea::noidea:

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

'Delusional' might fit.

I believe in Tim. Get ready to eat crow yet again.