• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #7 - San Jose at Dallas - 5:30PM

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not one of their best efforts tonight, but we have 20 more minutes left. Maybe that scrap will wake them up.

Fuck Dallas!?!?!?!

LeTs Go SHARKS!!!!!! :horn:

It was a stupid hit but he was going for Dalys left shoulder, he was going to shut him down from going back to the point, Daly felt that and turned directly into the board, its a vet move but Irwin should know better especially after what happened to Boyler

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Irwin fucking sucks. Please go to the press box once Boyler returns.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
wow lol nemo got lucky his foot work sucks ROller hockey goalie

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What happens when you put in only 20 minutes worth of effort? You loose to a team back stopped by Dan Ellis. That was a pitiful showing.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
eh, not the best game, but they still got a point. Im pretty disappointed with the PP, particularly in the OT. The sharks didnt seem to have their legs in this one. I suppose you play a disappointing game on the road and still get a point, its not so bad. Nemo played a spectacular game.

Nieto had a sweet goal, but he also struggled a ton defensively. He had several giveaways and what really stood out to me was the shitastic backcheck on the stars goal right after patty had scored. That was a really key moment, and nieto was gliding, which is unacceptable. He is young, but Tmac needs to make sure he knows that he needs to be better defensively.

On the very very bright side, the sharks got 3 more goals from 2nd and 3rd lines. Jumbo's line was -2 and the PP was 0 for 5 and they still scored 3 times. That is realllllly encouraging and unique to this year.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohwell, lets hope we hear some good news about Boyle once the team gets back to San Jose.

Bring on those young-ins Flames.

Anybody see Kronwall get crunched from behind tonight? Had to be helped off the ice on a stretcher.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What happens when you put in only 20 minutes worth of effort? You loose to a team back stopped by Dan Ellis. That was a pitiful showing.

this part x 100billllllllioooon made Ellis look like a competent nhl goalie

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why wouldnt Hertl be out there in the shootout?? They know he he has hands, moves & creativity... Yet they dont let him shoot - dumb move IMO

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why wouldnt Hertl be out there in the shootout?? They know he he has hands, moves & creativity... Yet they dont let him shoot - dumb move IMO

I would like to have seen Hertl instead of Burns as well.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would've Could've...... atleast we got one point.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wouldve also liked to see Stalock in here, probably wouldnt have blown 3 leads, but then again maybe he wouldve... I also wouldve LOVED if Thornton wouldve tried sniping on that OT PP at the end instead of waiting, and waiting..... and waiting, and waiting just to try & force a pass

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

They've been managing his ice time all kinds of fucked up and strange since the 4 goal night, moving him up and down the line up. So i wasnt surprised they didnt put him in the shoot out, they should have but im not shocked.

This is the first game , and maybe a little bit in the blues game where he is playing on the outside instead to the dirty areas ala Ryan Clowe, i wonder if its from the McCaurther hit or a coaching thing.

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we all would have liked to see him in there after the two breakaways against the Rangers. I would like to say I'm surprised, but TMac seems to never always do curious things with the shootout lineup.

Nieto with such a beautiful goal, using the speed that got him into the lineup and then not using it on the back check on the 3rd goal. Its got to be frustrating for the coaching staff to see that. If he wants to keep his spot, its things like that he needs to clean up otherwise it won't even be hard for them to send him down. Ideally he would get that full year in Worcester, but he has a chance to show he belongs and its too bad that he got beat there. Still love seeing that speed and the shot on that goal, haven't seen that from the 3rd line in a while.

The streak had to end, but as SJrules pointed out, 0-5 on PP, nothing from the top line, really just a poor effort but still got 3 goals and earned a point on the road is still encouraging.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think we all would have liked to see him in there after the two breakaways against the Rangers. I would like to say I'm surprised, but TMac seems to never always do curious things with the shootout lineup.

Nieto with such a beautiful goal, using the speed that got him into the lineup and then not using it on the back check on the 3rd goal. Its got to be frustrating for the coaching staff to see that. If he wants to keep his spot, its things like that he needs to clean up otherwise it won't even be hard for them to send him down. Ideally he would get that full year in Worcester, but he has a chance to show he belongs and its too bad that he got beat there. Still love seeing that speed and the shot on that goal, haven't seen that from the 3rd line in a while.

The streak had to end, but as SJrules pointed out, 0-5 on PP, nothing from the top line, really just a poor effort but still got 3 goals and earned a point on the road is still encouraging.

Did they even use the Thornton Hertl Burns line?? And if Tmac told Hertl to not play in front of the net so often, he's bigger idiot than I already though

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They've been managing his ice time all kinds of fucked up and strange since the 4 goal night, moving him up and down the line up. So i wasnt surprised they didnt put him in the shoot out, they should have but im not shocked.

This is the first game , and maybe a little bit in the blues game where he is playing on the outside instead to the dirty areas ala Ryan Clowe, i wonder if its from the McCaurther hit or a coaching thing.

This is the only time they've moved him in the line up outside of adjusting for coming off a PP. Nieto was the only one other than Kennedy who was really skating well last night so he was promoted to the top line. That was the only change made in the lines for the game so I think it had more to do with how well Nieto was playing than it did anything with Hertl.

Hertl had several tips/redirects where he was in the dirty areas. In general the entire team had problems getting to those spots, credit the Dallas dmen for that.