• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

7/8 GDT Lincecums @ Pirates

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Epic sukkitude this road trip. This is distressing to see how we have wilted and rolled over against good teams. Pathetic.

Send Timmy to Fresneck. Whatever has been done has not gotten his attention. Perhaps he can go on the DL with a hangnail or something. This requires an intervention.

I just think this the extreme version of a bad east coast road trip. They should've taken the Cain game and I had em at 2-4 on this trip.

Reminds of past trips to places like Cincy, Philly, Atlana, Miami, etc.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get Posey and Melky out of the game. (oops forgot Nate subbed for Blanco)

Make Pablo stay in and sweat a few more LBs off (and hit homers too of course)

Last edited by a moderator:

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this team just needs the AS Break to regroup. They don't play well in the heat and I think some of the pitchers may have been slow to learn about Right-CF power (just a hunch, no statistical data or inside info). I think a lot of our guys like to pitch on the outside corner at home due to our cavernous field. Do that on the road where the hot spot is to that gap and all of a sudden, flyouts are 2 and 3 run homers.

We'll be ok, I'm not overly worried. I am starting to get more and more worried with Timmy though.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this team just needs the AS Break to regroup. They don't play well in the heat and I think some of the pitchers may have been slow to learn about Right-CF power (just a hunch, no statistical data or inside info). I think a lot of our guys like to pitch on the outside corner at home due to our cavernous field. Do that on the road where the hot spot is to that gap and all of a sudden, flyouts are 2 and 3 run homers.

We'll be ok, I'm not overly worried. I am starting to get more and more worried with Timmy though.

I passed that spot about a month ago, and am now cruising to full on pant shattery panic and desperation. Come visit sometime, the view is great.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, not much to worry over (other than the obvious Timmy and maybe Closer and first base)

Every team has tough stretches and if you're gonna get your panties in a bunch over a few losses, baseball definitely won't be kind to you.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chez3 with a nice long AB here, 11 pitches and counting.

12 pitch walk. Looks like someone is taking the game seriously, even though the pitchers and other hitters have mailed it in today.

Last edited by a moderator:

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I passed that spot about a month ago, and am now cruising to full on pant shattery panic and desperation. Come visit sometime, the view is great.

lol, I just still see the strikeout stuff and can see a dominant guy. Unfortunately, his confidence keeps getting more and more shot (which I think WAS a huge advantage/weapon for him) and he's seemingly slow (or mechanics won't let him) to learn how to hit all 4 corners consistently. He also needs to learn that the fastball isn't his primary pitch. As gp has alluded to many times, he needs to start thinking "backwards" in his approach. Funny thing is, if he does the latter and learns how to pitch instead of throw, his confidence will probably soar sky high and he'll be "back". Life is a harsh mistress.

Yeah, not much to worry over (other than the obvious Timmy and maybe Closer and first base)

Every team has tough stretches and if you're gonna get your panties in a bunch over a few losses, baseball definitely won't be kind to you.

I think Casilla and Belt will be ok. I think Casilla is just tasting his first bit of adversity after a bunch (something like 19 of 20 and the 1 miss was Pagan with a late break playing deep center) of great outings. Belt looks to me like he'll at least be a .275 - 20 bomb - .350OBP guy with GG caliber defense. I think that'll be good enough for what the Giants need.

Agreed. I'd rather be on the Giants trajectory than the Dodgers right now.....that's for certain.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a pure fecal fucking fiesta. The break couldn't come at a better time. Timmy is broken; we cannot keep running him out there.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Casilla and Belt will be ok. I think Casilla is just tasting his first bit of adversity after a bunch (something like 19 of 20 and the 1 miss was Pagan with a late break playing deep center) of great outings. Belt looks to me like he'll at least be a .275 - 20 bomb - .350OBP guy with GG caliber defense. I think that'll be good enough for what the Giants need.

Agreed. I'd rather be on the Giants trajectory than the Dodgers right now.....that's for certain.

re:Casilla- I'm a big fan of what he's done and the only real knock on him is that lack of experience. Like getting saves when your stuff is gone. Three of the best Giants closers Beck, Nen, and Beard had that. And we'll need that down the stretch and hopefully in October.
Also, the bullpen has been thinned out

I like Belt, too, as a player, just wished his bat had more consistency.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freaking christianson with the bat flip and down 10 runs.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
re:Casilla- I'm a big fan of what he's done and the only real knock on him is that lack of experience. Like getting saves when your stuff is gone. Three of the best Giants closers Beck, Nen, and Beard had that. And we'll need that down the stretch and hopefully in October.
Also, the bullpen has been thinned out

I like Belt, too, as a player, just wished his bat had more consistency.

Exactly, he's never tasted this type of stretch on games where he's the last line of defense. I think he'll rebound ok. I also think that his finish to the season will have a large say in what happens to Weezy in the offseason. If KSeeYa keeps struggling and loses the job and Hembree is still a question, then I think Weezy will be back. If KSeeYa puts this little blip behind him and dominates the rest of the way.....Weezy will really have to want to remain a Giant for him to be here next season imhumbleo.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Pirates didn't score in the 2nd inning, and so far that is my *favorite* inning"

LOL.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this road trip has been devastating, and that we are all worried about Timmy, but I'd like to find some small silver lining *somewhere* ...

Watching the last two innings, MAN did Sabes ever assrape the Yankees with the "Kontos for Stewart" trade.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Opponents must now be salivating at the prospect of facing Timmy now.

He may need to plunk a batter or two to put some fear back in them.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I tell you, teams don't recover from beatings like this. This season is lost.