• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

7-5 thread

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone seen the 7-5 thread?

I guess this one will have to do then.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pasted this from the other thread. I would add that Akers was not good again.

I thought the whole game plan was much better. Lots of slant and crosses of varying lengths. I also think Stafford stuck to it more an improvised less. Cut his INTs in half, LOL. Seriously, he minimized forcing the ball to CJ and let the other players contribute. Bush had some nice gains despite the one ugly fumble. That needs to stop. Bell was a beast today.

The defense not only snuffed out the run as usual, they played better all around against the pass. Devin Taylor stepped up and Ziggy removed all doubt as to whether he will be a high level DE with yet another sack and a strip. Suh and Fairly were much more active and the Young DBs actually played better then what Houston and Mathis have. Might be time to let those guys play and see if they can keep improving. Houston has been getting toasted and neither he nor Mathis defend very well. Even Bently defended on a couple passes.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to 7 and 5 boys. Feel free to rearrange the furniture and make yourselves at home. The Lions played a great game and looked like a playoff team.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game other than the turnovers.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kick off the ball in bounds. That one should be easy to fix. What can you say about the D ? They were as good as it gets. We mixed it up nicely on offense. Staff spread it around. The 1 Int was bad, but the one at Calvin, meh. Staff has to take chances to Calvin deep so that's going to happen. I'm not going to sweat that on 3rd & 10 from the 37. Staff's fumble they scored on was just a great D play. What's happened with Burleson, though ? After his smoking start early last week they've hardly looked at him. I hope they continue to mix in some blitzes against Foles next week. He's been playing out of his mind but he's still young and inexperienced. Send bodies at him. See if he can figure it out. I've had the Eagles game down as a loss since before the season, but I'm wrong a lot.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very nice win today. Great to see the Lions actually come out and play to their abilities instead of playing to their level of competition. If the Lions hated every team the same as the Packers we could go undefeated.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the topic of the kickoffs, you have to figure the call was made by the ST teams coach to angle it to the sideline. My question is why? Martin has a strong leg. Why not just let him boot it out of the end zone or deep into it?

Defense was great. Stuffed the run save for a couple 10 yd gains. Pressure was there all day from the front four. Loved seeing some blitzes sprinkled in there as well. Slay played really good as did Bentley. Another pick by Levy as well. Overall, I loved the defensive performances.

Offense was good as well. Like someone stated, the fumble by stafford was simply a great performance by the defensive end. His first pick was completely on him. Other than that, he threw the ball very well and made some smart decisions and even showed some escapability from the pocket. QBs are gonna have bad throws, but the really good ones forget all about them and keep going right at the D.

Overall, it was great seeing a dominating performance. Even on the opening drive we were taking it right to GB. I've never seen us completely dominate a game like that in a long time. And it was in a game that we NEEDED to dominate and take control of the division. Great win. Now we gotta show that we can play well outdoors next week. We have a week and a half to prepare.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the topic of the kickoffs, you have to figure the call was made by the ST teams coach to angle it to the sideline. My question is why? Martin has a strong leg. Why not just let him boot it out of the end zone or deep into it?

Defense was great. Stuffed the run save for a couple 10 yd gains. Pressure was there all day from the front four. Loved seeing some blitzes sprinkled in there as well. Slay played really good as did Bentley. Another pick by Levy as well. Overall, I loved the defensive performances.

I should have mentioned the LBs too. Excellent job.

I am giving Martin a pass this time. He is still a rookie and I would be surprised if this becomes a continuing problem. Most likely he will work on it more in practice. He seems pretty accurate punting so I would expect the same on kickoffs. If not it will only be a problem this year as we will most likely bring in another kicker next year anyway.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about levy? Who is this guy and what has he done with the real levy? Impressive again, he deserves most improved player.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about levy? Who is this guy and what has he done with the real levy? Impressive again, he deserves most improved player.

Yes has been very good. 6 Ints is unheard of for a LB.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see Slay play like a 2nd round draft pick with potential.

D-Line is just dominate and it has been a long time since I have seen a Lions defense that stuffs the run like this one! Tulloch and Levy actually look like a top LBs as well.

Stafford needs to stop making bone headed passes. He is to good to make mental errors like he has. And thats the way I see his Ints the last couple of weeks…mental not lack of talent.

Ross, Ogletree, Burleson, and Durham should be plenty serviceable going forward. I thought a lack of a good 2/3 receiver would hurt Detroit but it looks more positive today than 5 weeks ago.

I think Martin just shanked the two KOs. No harm so it's all good and the guy chalks it up to the learning curve. Still better than watching kickoffs come down at the 5 yard line.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slay definitely had the best game of his pro career. Ross stepped up too. Hopefully he can stay at that level, but being it was his former team that he was more motivated, we need to wait and see. Ogletree had 1 play so I would not get too excited. My guess is that Burleson just could not come back on 3 days rest after a full workload last week.