• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 7.31 Snakes @ MASH unit

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another fun game really but I'm getting exhausted by nailbiters, need a 10-2 win tomorrow lol

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta have someone who wants those pieces and who has something we want. As much as I want to point and blame FZ, Bart and Ramos both have warts that make them difficult to sell for value.
So attach assets like Winn or Beck or whatever. Just saying there has to be a deal otherwise what's the point?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Junis, Tyler, Doval, Alex all pitched well

Wood, Jax, Taylor...meh

That said, pitching wasn't the problem.

5-36 ain't gonna get it done. (unless you're the Diamondbacks)

Let's see if we get a bat...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point being made postgame. With the new rules having guys who can get strikeouts late is far more imperative. As good as our pen is we only have 3 guys who you can say 'go get me a K': Doval, Taylor twin, and Jackson. Maybe there really are too many holes to fix for a team like ours even with our record.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So attach assets like Winn or Beck or whatever. Just saying there has to be a deal otherwise what's the point?
FZ gets paid the big bucks to be able to find these deals. We are in full agreement on that.

But he held on to Bum. He held on to Rodon. When his back is to the wall, it looks like he has a tendency to choke on the big deals.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FZ gets paid the big bucks to be able to find these deals. We are in full agreement on that.

But he held on to Bum. He held on to Rodon. When his back is to the wall, it looks like he has a tendency to choke on the big deals.
Well this is kinda the opposite (buying not selling) but I get it. Bum you can understand on sentiment.

He did bring in Bryant and Watson in 2021 so...maybe last minute surprise I hope

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this is kinda the opposite (buying not selling) but I get it. Bum you can understand on sentiment.

He did bring in Bryant and Watson in 2021 so...maybe last minute surprise I hope
Bum/Rodon/Gausman vs Bryant

Bryant is a good point. But that might have fed into his gun-shy-ness on big trades.

And did you just claim FZ was too sentimental to be able to trade Bum? LOL

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Total whiff on Rodon we agree there, everyone and their dog knew he wasn't gonna sign here, FZ has to be able to read the room. Even if you get low balled that's better than no balled.

The Office Sticker - The Office Stickers

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bum/Rodon/Gausman vs Bryant

Bryant is a good point. But that might have fed into his gun-shy-ness on big trades.

And did you just claim FZ was too sentimental to be able to trade Bum? LOL
He's not that autistic dude. He has sensory awareness of his surroundings and employers.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t remember the exact details, but he told him he made the team, then at the last second he traded for (brain farting on the guys name) And he didn’t make the team. After SM “outrage”, he called Wisely up for game 2, but too late to get any of his family to the game.

He (FZ) absolutely has total right to run the roster the way he sees fit. But he has a track record of running it like a baseball sim program rather than real life with living, breathing human beings. I suspect (no documented evidence at all about this) this has led to our difficulty in getting FAs. Players dont want to work in that environment.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diaz can’t hit to save his life. Going in, I would have used him to sac. But same effect letting him hit, I guess.

with the team in a slump, calling up Diaz is puzzling. The guy has a lifetime average of .180 And has never hit above .200 in any season. This is just doubling down on pathetic.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total whiff on Rodon we agree there, everyone and their dog knew he wasn't gonna sign here, FZ has to be able to read the room. Even if you get low balled that's better than no balled.

The Office Sticker - The Office Stickers
I don't know. You had to weigh the comp pick in there as well. I was ok with keeping Rodon.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t remember the exact details, but he told him he made the team, then at the last second he traded for (brain farting on the guys name) And he didn’t make the team. After SM “outrage”, he called Wisely up for game 2, but too late to get any of his family to the game.

He (FZ) absolutely has total right to run the roster the way he sees fit. But he has a track record of running it like a baseball sim program rather than real life with living, breathing human beings. I suspect (no documented evidence at all about this) this has led to our difficulty in getting FAs. Players dont want to work in that environment.
It was Matt Beaty, who played a total of 4 games before getting sent down and, ultimately dfa'd, by early June.

And, if I remember correctly, Bryce Johnson was also told he would make the team, only to get optioned at the end of camp.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was Matt Beaty, who played a total of 4 games before getting sent down and, ultimately dfa'd, by early June.

And, if I remember correctly, Bryce Johnson was also told he would make the team, only to get optioned at the end of camp.
I know I remembered the details wrong. There was a bunch of weird roster juggling at the start that caused family confusion for multiple players. And the juggling ultimately came from the absolute worthless transaction of acquiring Beaty at the last second for no point whatsoever.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I remembered the details wrong. There was a bunch of weird roster juggling at the start that caused family confusion for multiple players. And the juggling ultimately came from the absolute worthless transaction of acquiring Beaty at the last second for no point whatsoever.
Kind of like trading for Pollock. I do have to remember that FZ has been somewhat conservative (for him) this year on transactions so he is trying his best.