• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 7/25 Communists @ PV

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KNBR has been throwing around Cashner a lot today. I like that idea a lot. He is a high-ceiling talent who can be gotten on the relative cheap right now, and would likely be acquired FOR THIS YEAR as a reliever, but could contend for the rotation next season and moving forward.

Also, this is looking like a buyers market for bats. Maybe it makes sense to buy an OFer just because the prices are (reportedly) so low.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KNBR has been throwing around Cashner a lot today. I like that idea a lot. He is a high-ceiling talent who can be gotten on the relative cheap right now, and would likely be acquired FOR THIS YEAR as a reliever, but could contend for the rotation next season and moving forward.

Also, this is looking like a buyers market for bats. Maybe it makes sense to buy an OFer just because the prices are (reportedly) so low.

I dunno. Is there an upgrade out there over Pence/Pagan/Span/Blanco/Mac?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. Is there an upgrade out there over Pence/Pagan/Span/Blanco/Mac?
If we can get a bopper for right and move Pagan back to center and drop Span to the #4..

Also, until Pence plays for a week+ at the MLB level, he doesnt exist.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can get a bopper for right and move Pagan back to center and drop Span to the #4..

If we get a "bopper" for RF (and who do you have in mind that can play adequate D at AT&T?), where does that leave Pence? LF?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Melky is probably available :heh:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get a "bopper" for RF (and who do you have in mind that can play adequate D at AT&T?), where does that leave Pence? LF?
Sorry, I meant left.

And I am not sure who is avail. I am talking abstractly.

Also, I do not believe that a bat is our need. But if pitchers are costing enough to scare us away or so much that we simply can't afford, than maybe the current market inequity is bats...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I meant left.

And I am not sure who is avail. I am talking abstractly.

Also, I do not believe that a bat is our need. But if pitchers are costing enough to scare us away or so much that we simply can't afford, than maybe the current market inequity is bats...

I hear you, and I think thats a good way to approach it. However, I just don't see us giving up anything of significance for a hitter.

Also, Ty Blach is tearing it up in AAA. He may be up soon....