• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

6 Wins 11 Losses...

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'll probably be scolded for this but what about trading Nelson Cruz if we start fading a little bit? If he continues the way he's hitting, we could probably land some decent prospects.

This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but I'll just say it here:

If it weren't for the fact that the Orioles have been "rebuilding since Angelos," I'd advocate going one step further by becoming the Astros-- namely, blow up the entire organization for a full rebuild. Why? Because, given how this team has performed in 2013 and 2014 so far, you have to wonder if (a) 2012 was an aberration, and (b) this team's talent level is simply a 0.500 team or worse in reality (for example, FanGraphs is now predicting a 77-85 record for this season).

If both assumptions are true, then you have to wonder at some point whether it really makes sense for the organization to stay in "win now" mode. Of course, the hard part is finding an alternative that would make the most sense for the long term...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but I'll just say it here:

If it weren't for the fact that the Orioles have been "rebuilding since Angelos," I'd advocate going one step further by becoming the Astros-- namely, blow up the entire organization for a full rebuild. Why? Because, given how this team has performed in 2013 and 2014 so far, you have to wonder if (a) 2012 was an aberration, and (b) this team's talent level is simply a 0.500 team or worse in reality (for example, FanGraphs is now predicting a 77-85 record for this season).

If both assumptions are true, then you have to wonder at some point whether it really makes sense for the organization to stay in "win now" mode. Of course, the hard part is finding an alternative that would make the most sense for the long term...

I wouldn't want to blow it up and become a laughing stock again. The fan base would turn apathetic towards the team in record time if the O's just gave up and tried to rebuild. Also, with rebuilding, all of the prospects don't always pan out so you'll still be the low man on the totem pole.

However, I would definitely have everybody available on the trading block. Anyone that we can trade that can make the team better for now and in the long run should go, even guys like Manny, Jones, Bundy, etc...

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i get tired of aj and davis atm they sucking turds atm .

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i get tired of aj and davis atm they sucking turds atm .
This could totally be read a different way....if you took atm to mean something else....something....dirty....

lmao