• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #6 Washington vs #9 Auburn (Sept. 1st | 3:30PM ET | ABC)

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does UW play this week?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Debating on watching this live on Sunday night or Monday morning.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhh. This gonna be good. Can't wait.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Debating on watching this live on Sunday night or Monday morning.
:wtf:
tenor.gif

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is how long until the Ducks play something more than a scrimmage?

OK, that's fair. However, that was the same question we asked of UW football for some years prior to this one. Also, we had to replace Texas A&M with one of those cupcakes. I won't defend it as I think it's wrong, but when you live in a glass house, throwing rocks can be dangerous.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, that's fair. However, that was the same question we asked of UW football for some years prior to this one. Also, we had to replace Texas A&M with one of those cupcakes. I won't defend it as I think it's wrong, but when you live in a glass house, throwing rocks can be dangerous.
First of all, no one slammed their schedule more than I did when it happened and I didn't make excuses for it.

Second, we filled this Auburn game less than 2 years ago to fill a hole. So again, more excuses.

Third, we aren't in a glass house when we did indeed already fill out that problem.

You can't come up here talking shit when your entire seasons schedule is a pure fucking joke from top to bottom. Seriously, it is the biggest joke in P5. Even your home game against UW comes off a bye with UW on back to back road games. As bad as UW's was, it wasn't ever THIS bad. It's historic kind of bad. You literally have no room to talk AT ALL. Next year the ducks get Auburn to open and UW is stuck with a worsening BYU as their token marquee match up. So you can talk all the shit you want then, until next year sit down and shut the fuck up with that bullshit weak ass lame excuse of a schedule. We're talking big boy football in here and you've got nothing to add.

:suds:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry live Sunday night or recorded Monday morning
Yeah, well except this game will be 'live' tomorrow at 12:30 pacific so if you wait to see it live on Sunday night you'll be a tad late to the party.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, well except this game will be 'live' tomorrow at 12:30 pacific so if you wait to see it live on Sunday night you'll be a tad late to the party.

My bad. Watching Recorded Sunday afternoon because gotta watch the Irish Beatdown of Meeeeechigan first.

I got it confused with Miami/ LSU

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 things to watch in Week 1 around college football

Must-win for Washington?
A thought I have been carrying with me all offseason is that no team is going to go through the entire Pac-12 schedule without taking at least one loss this season. As good as Washington is, that rule will apply to them as well. And, as we have seen in the past few years, that is a loss that could prove costly for the Pac-12’s playoff hopes.

There is no question in my mind Washington has the best team in the conference and is built for making a run to the playoff for the second time in three seasons under Chris Petersen. The problem is the Huskies are in a weird must-win situation in Atlanta this weekend against Auburn. Should Washington go home with a loss this weekend, that will put a lot of pressure on the Huskies to not lose a game for the rest of the season, which means they have to go on a 12-game winning streak including the Pac-12 championship game in order to make a legitimate playoff case.

Getting a win against Auburn will be tricky. Even though Washington is the higher-ranked team, it is Auburn that is a slight favorite in what should essentially amount to being the SEC’s capital. Auburn’s last two trips to Atlanta resulted in losses — the SEC championship game against Georgia and the Peach Bowl against UCF — but Auburn is well-built to be a threat to Washington. The quarterback showdown alone should be enticing with Jake Browning back for the Huskies and Jarrett Stidham continuing to man the Auburn offense.

Auburn’s going to be a fun team to watch this season. So will Washington, but the Pac-12 favorites may not be able to afford a loss here.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Washington loses, I'm rather certain it's AG's fault and he should be treated in the same manner as Steve Bartman.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have have been so excited for this game for so long...it's tough only having 1 real game during the season, eh?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have have been so excited for this game for so long...it's tough only having 1 real game during the season, eh?
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that your big vacations in the past were Dolly World and Graceland.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that your big vacations in the past were Dolly World and Graceland.

:noidea:

I'll be finishing breakfast when we kick off tomorrow.

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gus has figured out how to actually use Stidham or if Stidham can learn some new tricks, Washington may be in for a long night, If not, they should come out on top.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gus has figured out how to actually use Stidham or if Stidham can learn some new tricks, Washington may be in for a long night, If not, they should come out on top.
If Washington wins I'm going to be spamming the dog fvck out of the SEC smack talk group on Facebook. Those cvnts have been bumping their gums all week long.