• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dude is playing with confidence and maybe a lot of that stems from playing alongside Couturier and Giroux, but it's working.

Check out his reaction to the most recent OT winner. He wasn't even smiling. He just acted as if this is what he routinely does and it's no big deal. Meanwhile, he's getting mobbed by hysterical teammates that are extremely pumped and happy for him.

To win two OT games in a row, both 27 seconds in on largely solo efforts is pretty unreal.

That said, we've found something with that trio, haven't we?

Giroux, Voracek and Ghost are probably wondering if they'll ever get to see the ice in OT again...Lol I mean that's a pretty ridiculous second trio we can send out when Konecny doesn't score...
If it keeps working im all for it. I did notice his reaction last night and thought to myself i like his style.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy to get the win last night, but i'm glad they've got the lightning up next. They should be more "up" for that one than against the basement dwelling wings. That was a couple games they were pretty lucky to come out with 4 points IMO. Hopefully the bolts jazz them up a bit and kick it back in to high gear.

Definitely. We need the special teams to continue to kick it up a notch too. The penalty kill just isn't good enough and our power play still looks dynamic, but is not cashing in as often as it should over the last five games. We must really be getting the job done at even strength here recently. Both of our goalies are playing well enough to sort of neutralize most defensive breakdowns we have as well.

I want to say that we're almost to the point where we're winning games that we shouldn't necessarily win just off of much-improved confidence and goaltending. That and a little bit more of a clutch gene. Maybe that Coots confidence is infectious. That guy literally wins like 90% of his puck battles. It's absolutely insane.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely. We need the special teams to continue to kick it up a notch too. The penalty kill just isn't good enough and our power play still looks dynamic, but is not cashing in as often as it should over the last five games. We must really be getting the job done at even strength here recently. Both of our goalies are playing well enough to sort of neutralize most defensive breakdowns we have as well.

I want to say that we're almost to the point where we're winning games that we shouldn't necessarily win just off of much-improved confidence and goaltending. That and a little bit more of a clutch gene. Maybe that Coots confidence is infectious. That guy literally wins like 90% of his puck battles. It's absolutely insane.
PK is still doing terrible because for some reason Lehtera is a regular on the PK and i have no idea why.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hagg is now leading the league by 7 in hits with 167 on the year. The god thing is that his hits don't take him out of the play. He leads all rookies by 59.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love when the Rags get their ass kicked every game and are looking up at us in the standings. That hasn't happened in a long time and I'm loving life!!!
I think it may stay that way also, the Rags are looking bad lately and we know the King is slowly watching age catch up to him.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're getting some separation now in the standings with these wins and rivals losing. The Canes, Jackets, Rags and Devs all go down in regulation on the same night that we get another OT win. It was a sloppy 3rd period at times, but we will take another incredible play by Konecny with a vital assist from Couturier. That pair with Provorov to start the OT has really become a wise decision.

And yes, as much as we seem to give Hakstol shit for some past inconsistency with this team, he deserves credit for putting Couturier with Giroux, Konecny with them too and then also Ghost with Provorov. All of these moves have turned out to be gold.

We grab the 3rd spot in the division with Columbus a point back, but we own the tiebreaker over them by a lot. The Pens are behind by the same margin, but have played two extra games, which is significant. Also, if the Devils lose their lone game in hand, we would be tied and have the tiebreaker with them too.

This division is there for the taking, quite frankly. Like Konecny was saying post-game, we're not playing for a wild card anymore.
this is the team I wanna see not make the playoffs, Can't stand hearing about them lol.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, I'm asking for a win on my birthday before the All-Star break and we will truly be off and running. The effort will have to be better against Tampa. Let's see if we're up for the challenge.
We were last time, I think we can beat them again but they are the biggest challenge in the east IMO, so yea I hope you get a good B-Day present, I'll have to hope for a win against the Debbies next Thursday for my B-day present!:suds:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dude is playing with confidence and maybe a lot of that stems from playing alongside Couturier and Giroux, but it's working.

Check out his reaction to the most recent OT winner. He wasn't even smiling. He just acted as if this is what he routinely does and it's no big deal. Meanwhile, he's getting mobbed by hysterical teammates that are extremely pumped and happy for him.

To win two OT games in a row, both 27 seconds in on largely solo efforts is pretty unreal.

That said, we've found something with that trio, haven't we?

Giroux, Voracek and Ghost are probably wondering if they'll ever get to see the ice in OT again...Lol I mean that's a pretty ridiculous second trio we can send out when Konecny doesn't score...
Yep all the chemistry with the line shake ups has been awesome, We are rolling 3 good lines constantly and I'd really like to see Golbourne get a little more playing time when we need to pick up our game, he's been great energy guy.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hagg is now leading the league by 7 in hits with 167 on the year. The god thing is that his hits don't take him out of the play. He leads all rookies by 59.
His hits are hard and clean and plentiful. If he could ever put a little bit of an offensive game together he will be another super stud.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His hits are hard and clean and plentiful. If he could ever put a little bit of an offensive game together he will be another super stud.
I'm not overly worried about his offense, we have some good offensive Dmen now, I would love to see Morin paired with him to grind on top lines.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not overly worried about his offense, we have some good offensive Dmen now, I would love to see Morin paired with him to grind on top lines.
Im not sure Morin skates well enough to be a top pair guy but if he did them two would definitely grind a top line