• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a great road win and now a 4 game winning streak. We are 3rd in the division now. Looking good boys! Got to keep it going though.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a great road win and now a 4 game winning streak. We are 3rd in the division now. Looking good boys! Got to keep it going though.
A little fortunate but how many bad breaks did they have during the losing streak... I'll take this one!

Brilliant move putting Konecny on the top line gaining confidence now otherwise wasted before. Coach has done pretty good turning the ship around...

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wins are coming steadily now, I really want to see how far this team can take things? I still think we can hang with anybody in a seven game series right now!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little fortunate but how many bad breaks did they have during the losing streak... I'll take this one!

Brilliant move putting Konecny on the top line gaining confidence now otherwise wasted before. Coach has done pretty good turning the ship around...
Ill agree with this post 100%

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to officially thank Bertuzzi for these two points. I hope missing open nets happens to someone from the opponent every game.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love watching the Oilers get the shit kicked out of them every game, you gotta leave yourself some bargaining room instead of betting on one player, he's good but he isn't superman good like they thought lol.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love watching the Oilers get the shit kicked out of them every game, you gotta leave yourself some bargaining room instead of betting on one player, he's good but he isn't superman good like they thought lol.
I love when the Rags get their ass kicked every game and are looking up at us in the standings. That hasn't happened in a long time and I'm loving life!!!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're getting some separation now in the standings with these wins and rivals losing. The Canes, Jackets, Rags and Devs all go down in regulation on the same night that we get another OT win. It was a sloppy 3rd period at times, but we will take another incredible play by Konecny with a vital assist from Couturier. That pair with Provorov to start the OT has really become a wise decision.

And yes, as much as we seem to give Hakstol shit for some past inconsistency with this team, he deserves credit for putting Couturier with Giroux, Konecny with them too and then also Ghost with Provorov. All of these moves have turned out to be gold.

We grab the 3rd spot in the division with Columbus a point back, but we own the tiebreaker over them by a lot. The Pens are behind by the same margin, but have played two extra games, which is significant. Also, if the Devils lose their lone game in hand, we would be tied and have the tiebreaker with them too.

This division is there for the taking, quite frankly. Like Konecny was saying post-game, we're not playing for a wild card anymore.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, I'm asking for a win on my birthday before the All-Star break and we will truly be off and running. The effort will have to be better against Tampa. Let's see if we're up for the challenge.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're getting some separation now in the standings with these wins and rivals losing. The Canes, Jackets, Rags and Devs all go down in regulation on the same night that we get another OT win. It was a sloppy 3rd period at times, but we will take another incredible play by Konecny with a vital assist from Couturier. That pair with Provorov to start the OT has really become a wise decision.

And yes, as much as we seem to give Hakstol shit for some past inconsistency with this team, he deserves credit for putting Couturier with Giroux, Konecny with them too and then also Ghost with Provorov. All of these moves have turned out to be gold.

We grab the 3rd spot in the division with Columbus a point back, but we own the tiebreaker over them by a lot. The Pens are behind by the same margin, but have played two extra games, which is significant. Also, if the Devils lose their lone game in hand, we would be tied and have the tiebreaker with them too.

This division is there for the taking, quite frankly. Like Konecny was saying post-game, we're not playing for a wild card anymore.
Although these moves are working out just fine the best move of the year for Hakstol is moving Gee to wing and putting Couts at center on the top line.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, I'm asking for a win on my birthday before the All-Star break and we will truly be off and running. The effort will have to be better against Tampa. Let's see if we're up for the challenge.
:party: :martini: Happy birthday!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Happy to get the win last night, but i'm glad they've got the lightning up next. They should be more "up" for that one than against the basement dwelling wings. That was a couple games they were pretty lucky to come out with 4 points IMO. Hopefully the bolts jazz them up a bit and kick it back in to high gear.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny that the same wrist shots from the right side of the ice that were easy saves earlier this season are now going in for TK. What has changed?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny that the same wrist shots from the right side of the ice that were easy saves earlier this season are now going in for TK. What has changed?

The dude is playing with confidence and maybe a lot of that stems from playing alongside Couturier and Giroux, but it's working.

Check out his reaction to the most recent OT winner. He wasn't even smiling. He just acted as if this is what he routinely does and it's no big deal. Meanwhile, he's getting mobbed by hysterical teammates that are extremely pumped and happy for him.

To win two OT games in a row, both 27 seconds in on largely solo efforts is pretty unreal.

That said, we've found something with that trio, haven't we?

Giroux, Voracek and Ghost are probably wondering if they'll ever get to see the ice in OT again...Lol I mean that's a pretty ridiculous second trio we can send out when Konecny doesn't score...