• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my pick at 2. My gut tells me that NJ will take him at 1.. I want Nico.
Nico Hischier
It's a tough call :dhd:

KOj8Ar.gif

Congrats Flyers fans Rangers lose in OT and the Devils and Flyers go 1 and 2. I think we can agree it's been a great day :suds:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tough call :dhd:

KOj8Ar.gif

Congrats Flyers fans Rangers love de and the Devils and Flyers go 1 and 2. I think we can agree it's been a great day :suds:
I have no idea how we went from 13 to 2? Somebody must be on our payroll. Wow, this is awesome. Talking about an entirely different pool of prospects now, than before the lottery.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea how we went from 13 to 2? Somebody must be on our payroll. Wow, this is awesome. Talking about an entirely different pool of prospects now, than before the lottery.
I'm still shocked. The Devils and Flyers got very lucky. Our draft boards just took a whole new direction. I'm guessing you all hit the roof with the results too :suds:

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still shocked. The Devils and Flyers got very lucky. Our draft boards just took a whole new direction. I'm guessing you all hit the roof with the results too :suds:
My guess is that Hextall will be arrested tonight "celebrating and streaking" on the Benjamin Franklin Bridge.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sweet to have these high picks bc this draft isn't deep.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sweet to have these high picks bc this draft isn't deep.
After the top 2 theres a massive drop off. We both got very lucky imo. Btw your Eagles had a great draft. They had one of the top drafts imo. You gotta be flying high right now. I know I am its been a great few days

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still shaking my head that the Flyers will draft 2nd. So much for having to package their extra picks with their 13 to move up. Mind you, they could still package their extra picks to try to get an additional 1st.

Patricks injuries this season don't scare me, but they do give you a little pause. I would be happy with either of the top two...Talk about an organizational upgrade.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my pick at 2. My gut tells me that NJ will take him at 1.. I want Nico.
Nico Hischier

Nico would be a great pick, So would this guy but I think his skating is a little slow, Huge offensive body though and seems like he can score.

CAN.png

MICHAEL RASMUSSEN
North American Skater - TRI-CITY, WHL

Either way I'm happy as hell for this pick.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I hope with our current GM this pick will be a good one, Hexy seems driven on winning so I think adding the right pieces to our offense is where his mind set is. Hopefully we are set at defense for awhile.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still shaking my head that the Flyers will draft 2nd. So much for having to package their extra picks with their 13 to move up. Mind you, they could still package their extra picks to try to get an additional 1st.

Patricks injuries this season don't scare me, but they do give you a little pause. I would be happy with either of the top two...Talk about an organizational upgrade.
That was the true definition of hitting the lottery :yes:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the top 2 theres a massive drop off. We both got very lucky imo. Btw your Eagles had a great draft. They had one of the top drafts imo. You gotta be flying high right now. I know I am its been a great few days
I agree but I think there is at least 5 real good solid players to be had, at least I hope.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me Nolan Patrick any day of the week. We can debate exactly how close his skill set is to Nico's, but Nolan also brings the intangibles that this team so desperately needs.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but I think there is at least 5 real good solid players to be had, at least I hope.
I think there could be some solid players. I just don't think there's as much depth as we've seen prior years. Btw it's nice to meet you :suds: what did you think of the Raiders draft ?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me Nolan Patrick any day of the week. We can debate exactly how close his skill set is to Nico's, but Nolan also brings the intangibles that this team so desperately needs.
I think their skill sets are close. The thing that seems to worry people about Patrick is the recent injuries. Both are a lotbof fun to watch. From Sheros comments. It could go either way

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We went from 13th overall to 2nd overall, which is obviously a jump of 11 spots. That's ridiculous and it makes the draft this year infinitely more exciting. Also, the best division in hockey only appears to be getting stronger in this draft suddenly.

It looks like we could be getting a 1C (or certainly 2C) no matter which player falls to us and a guy that could potentially make the Flyers out of camp next season. I don't know what to say really. Shocking stuff!!

I don't even care that we didn't get the top pick, because second appears just as good. Picking third would've been quite the buzz kill over where we are now, for sure.

Also, we can definitely use an elite level center to take over at least on the second line after Filppula departs. Now we should have one shortly.

I haven't read a lot on this, but I would probably take Hischier.

Last edited:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a massive night last night was. Just huge. I was at a hockey bar in Alexandria Virginia for the caps game, but the draft lottery was the high point!

Either guy would be outstanding! My lean is towards Nico at this point because he's a better skater, but I'd be on cloud 9 with Nolan too.

Just incredible.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there could be some solid players. I just don't think there's as much depth as we've seen prior years. Btw it's nice to meet you :suds: what did you think of the Raiders draft ?
You as well, I thought the draft went great again this year, We were able to address a strong need at the CB position and I am Happy with Conley in the first rd. I really thought the first 5 picks were really good, kind of wasted the 3 7th rd picks but I feel they were depth picks anyways. Really looking forward to this season.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a massive night last night was. Just huge. I was at a hockey bar in Alexandria Virginia for the caps game, but the draft lottery was the high point!

Either guy would be outstanding! My lean is towards Nico at this point because he's a better skater, but I'd be on cloud 9 with Nolan too.

Just incredible.

This is so justified for us after having missed out on Patrick Kane in 2007 when we should've been picking 1st overall. That would've changed the last several years for us immensely and this will do the same for us moving forward, in the best way too.

Also, this will only be the second time we've picked this high in the entire history of Nhl entry drafts, never having picked 1st overall.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am seeing some people elsewhere mulling over the idea that we trade this pick away (down), but I don't see it at all. When you're dealt big slick and there's an A or a K on the flop, you stick with it and play out the hand...Lol

Basically, I mean we've been gifted exactly what we need as a franchise moving forward, so do not overthink this. Take whoever the Devils pass on and go from there. We no longer need to worry about potentially trading up though or packaging a couple of our picks/prospects for an elite level center.

Based on everything I am reading, we will be absolutely thrilled with either Patrick or Hischier. These guys are both supposed franchise-type players. It's a complete game-changer for our beloved Flyers.

Last edited: