• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karma better be a thing. Because the flyers have some serious karma coming their way when it comes to officiating. Holy shit.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karma better be a thing. Because the flyers have some serious karma coming their way when it comes to officiating. Holy shit.

I'm sorry, but what happened last night is proof that the Nhl doesn't want the Flyers to have success.

I don't know what the fucking referees were looking at during the lengthy review of that good goal by Manning, but Weal went right to the front of the net where he's supposed to be, screened the goalie and that puck found a hole. If anything at all, Anderson himself initiated the tiny bit of contact that there was. He inched forward to move Weal from his vision and by the time he could get situated, Manning was unloading from the point. That's on him, not Weal. So, the end result is Weal (and the entire team) gets punished for rightfully doing exactly what the coaches are telling him to do.

Let's put it this way. If you take that goal out of the Nhl, you're going to decrease scoring by probably at least 10-15% minimum. That's a good goal everywhere else I've seen it scored.

I hate to be this critical to the refs in already no less than two games this season, but that was the weakest fucking goal erasing review that I have ever seen in my life. And yes, that's a giant one considering we did come all the way back to get within a goal late.

Maybe someone else has a different perspective on this, but I am sick and fucking tired of losing tight games late because a referee is either giving goals to the other team or taking them away from us.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not hanging this entire game on the referees, but that was an extremely critical moment in the game and they simply blew the call.

We have to be better defensively and in net earlier on in that game and then we aren't putting the game in the hands of a couple of incompetent fucking referees or the Nhl as a whole.

That said, I guess goalies can no longer be screened up close anymore in the Nhl, because if they lean forward and make contact with you, any resulting goal will be disallowed. The point is that Weal has as much right to that space as Anderson does.

I'm looking at the replay again right now. Yes, Weal is in the crease, but I'm confused here. The crease is off-limits now? I mean, that hasn't been the case in awhile to my knowledge. I don't get it.

There used to be a rule where if a player had a skate in the crease when a goal was scored, it would get disallowed, but that is not the case anymore. Are we bringing that back, because it will no doubt decrease scoring!?

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol Truthfully, Anderson receives more contact from a light gust of wind on a calm day than he does from Weal on that play.

It's a fucking joke to me.

Our boys need to wake up here and play a better team brand of hockey to make this shit disappear from our games. Keep the other team off the scoreboard and while our resiliency is nice, stop getting into these tight games where one major call late can make a huge difference, because they are most definitely not going our way right now.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Lehtera on this team? Its a sad day when im asking why isn't Weiss in the line up over this guy. This falls on coaching as last year Weiss was a total non factor for 50 plus games and never sat until finally Hacks woke up and sat weiss. This season Weiss hooks up with Patrick and and finally contributes and now hes sitting for Lehtera a guy who make Hartnell look like a great skater.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christ, I wasn't even aware of the late goal either. They skipped right over that shit on the Sens' feed as if nothing happened. Did not even show a replay.

I don't know if I have anymore words for this shit.
I was watching the Sens feed and saw this, it was a beautiful fake by Couts behind the net and i thought we tied it but they declined us again. You must've been so disgusted with our play and the refs you blocked it out

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching the Sens feed and saw this, it was a beautiful fake by Couts behind the net and i thought we tied it but they declined us again. You must've been so disgusted with our play and the refs you blocked it out

That's fucked up. I remember the play, but not seeing a close-up of the puck over the line or anything like that.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christ, I wasn't even aware of the late goal either. They skipped right over that shit on the Sens' feed as if nothing happened. Did not even show a replay.

I don't know if I have anymore words for this shit.
Lol I was wondering how that one wasn't more outrageous to you, but you are correct that was abysmal, don't know what the fuck they were looking at there.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to the game tomorrow night. Hopefully Ghost and Patrick play.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea how that was not boarding for the hit on Ghost. Hopefully he isn't out long. Sammy should be called up today.

Can't understand the non-call for the life of me. Komarov hits him right square in the numbers and absolutely plasters him into the glass, causing him to crumple on the ice in a heap. I was thinking for sure that was a five minute major and they don't even call a minor on it. Absolutely unreal. That is undoubtedly what kept him out of the third period and I hope he recovers quickly here too.

That play was the very fucking definition of a vicious boarding penalty and no referee caught it...

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who on the planet would've thought Sean Couturier could be leading the team in goals through 11 games with 7?

It's simply stunning, but I am so happy for the guy. He is a monster right now all over the ice.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also love the way we locked down that game last night in the third period against what still is the highest scoring team in the Nhl. We did it with only five defensemen too. Pretty incredible effort there.