• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First game I would say the Flyers just didn't have it. I don't want to say AMac holds the D together, because I don't like him either, but they looked terrible last night without him. Hopefully they continue with the mixed pairs they used most of the 3rd. Ghost/Hagg need to stay together, figure the rest out after that IMO. Forwards weren't much better. Neither group could complete a 5 foot pass to get it out of the zone. Ducks had them hemmed in all night. Turnover after turnover in the defensive zone. Elliot had a decent first period, then fell apart completely.

It happens. Hopefully they rebound tomorrow with a better game. I think they can/will.

That being said, the refs were not on the Flyers side tonight. But they weren't winning that game anyway.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ducks were putting in that second effort to knock pucks out of mid-air and keep plays alive in the offensive zone that we weren't doing. That and they are so much bigger than us. We did not do enough with our speed to neutralize that. We just let them hit us all game long and slow us down. Just not enough of a response. I am glad to see Couturier get a couple more, but other guys need to step up too.

And yes, a couple of our rookie defenders got exposed a time or two. Just growing pains. They will learn.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone here still thinking Elliot was a good choice. Has he held any team to under 4 goals yet?
Elliot didn't have a chance last night as we were running around our zone like it was last years team. With that being said he has been terrible so far and plays way too deep in his net for a smaller goalie.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Duck announcers(only stream I could get),bringing up the Flyers history of goaltending woes.
Bad management,trades,etc...

Well you know what fucktards,it's a 2 way street
.Every GM in the league,has known about our goalie issues for years on end,and has stuck it up the Flyers ass.
They either demand too much,or hang up the phone.

Hexy is trying his best to solve this mess,but it's going to take time.
Im sure they conveniently forgot to mention Neuvy leads the league in GAA and Save PCT

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First game I would say the Flyers just didn't have it. I don't want to say AMac holds the D together, because I don't like him either, but they looked terrible last night without him. Hopefully they continue with the mixed pairs they used most of the 3rd. Ghost/Hagg need to stay together, figure the rest out after that IMO. Forwards weren't much better. Neither group could complete a 5 foot pass to get it out of the zone. Ducks had them hemmed in all night. Turnover after turnover in the defensive zone. Elliot had a decent first period, then fell apart completely.

It happens. Hopefully they rebound tomorrow with a better game. I think they can/will.

That being said, the refs were not on the Flyers side tonight. But they weren't winning that game anyway.
It was by far the worst game of the season. We ran around our own zone the whole night. Last nights defensive zone breakdowns were a clear result of AMac not being out there. Not because he is good but because everyone had a new partner that they weren't used to working with. Hopefully they get some practice time with their new partners and they settle in.

i thought against a huge team like that Morin would've been a good choice to play.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure they conveniently forgot to mention Neuvy leads the league in GAA and Save PCT

We don't want to ruin his good numbers though...Lol

In all seriousness, if we just have one game like this out of every nine we play, we can still have a very good season. We got beat by 3+ goals 14 times last season by my count. That just seems like a high figure.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't want to ruin his good numbers though...Lol

In all seriousness, if we just have one game like this out of every nine we play, we can still have a very good season. We got beat by 3+ goals 14 times last season by my count. That just seems like a high figure.
Im good with one of these every 9 games that will put us in a very good position come playoff time.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still going to need to be better to make the playoffs i think. on pace for 91 pts this season, which likely won't get them in (94 was the cutoff last year)

but, they've had a pretty tough schedule so far too. Preds twice, Ducks twice, Caps, Sharks, Oilers and Kings are all good teams. Panthers are mediocre, but 1 out of 9 is tough.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still going to need to be better to make the playoffs i think. on pace for 91 pts this season, which likely won't get them in (94 was the cutoff last year)

but, they've had a pretty tough schedule so far too. Preds twice, Ducks twice, Caps, Sharks, Oilers and Kings are all good teams. Panthers are mediocre, but 1 out of 9 is tough.

Very tough schedule to start here. We've faced the top two teams in the west from last season twice each, 7 of the 9 games have been against playoff teams and one of the others is the Kings, who are currently leading the Pacific at 7-1-1. Also, that includes the California road trip and four straight on the road to open up.

Look at it this way. We've obliterated the only two teams that we've played from our own conference...Lol We shouldn't worry too much about these other games at the end of the day. Our work is going to be done within the conference and division.

I just hate how a lot of these games don't come along until literally next year.

I'm not even going to bother with projecting point totals this early on either. Doesn't mean anything to me yet. We literally don't get to the meat of our schedule until January.

I mean 23 of our first 33 games are against the west. That's insane!!

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes you wonder even if we requested a schedule that was front-loaded with western conference teams, because we certainly got it. The idea being that our rookies would learn and improve in the less important games so to speak, then be more prepared later on for our division foes.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news that Patrick had a full contact practice today. New defense pairings for tomorrow:

Provorov and Gostisbehere.
Sanheim and Hagg
Manning and Gudas.

Phantoms have a game tonight so Morin may get called up tomorrow.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news that Patrick had a full contact practice today. New defense pairings for tomorrow:

Provorov and Gostisbehere.
Sanheim and Hagg
Manning and Gudas.

Phantoms have a game tonight so Morin may get called up tomorrow.

I like it. Sanheim and Hagg probably have a lot of experience playing together with the Phantoms. Manning and Gudas have to show some discipline though. Provorov and Ghost are clearly our two best overall defenseman, so it will probably work to ride them on the same pair.

That and Patrick. I thought for sure he would miss several games with a concussion, but that does not appear to be the case. Fabulous news.