• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4th CFP Rankings

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, i think its' smart to look at the opponents' strength at the time they play. For example, look at Missouri. They weren't very good in the first half of the season but they really came on strong and started clicking late in the season. They are a different team now than they were in September. And, that's the case with a lot of teams so it should be considered as a factor.

That's ridiculous. Yeah, maybe if a team has been absolutely decimated with injuries, then you can take how healthy they were into consideration. But you can't call it a ranked win. The rankings are just random guesses on how good the media/coaches think teams will be, and has no relation to how good they really are. We really should be talking more about BYU football. They beat #4 Wisconsin. LSU should be in the playoff discussion. Yeah, they got dominated by Bama, but they did beat #7 Miami. Auburn beat #6 Washington. The preseasons polls are guesses, and are often way off. The only polls that matter are the second to last one and the last one. At that point, the seasons have played out, and we have a much more clear picture of who these teams really were.

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And their best win is ranked 4 spots behind our 2nd best win. I think the committee is setting it up to jump OSU ahead of they beat NW convincingly. It also explains why they have Texas much lower than the AP/Coaches.

I think you're probably right. I don't like it, because I do think Oklahoma has a more impressive record, and would beat them on a neutral field, and frankly I'd rather watch Bama beat Oklahoma 63-30 than watch Ohio State lose 35-0 in a similar game to 2016. But yeah, I think the committee jumps OU. I think they're really sketchy, and manipulate the rankings to help defend their final decision. For example, I think leaving LSU at 7, when, while they're good, are clearly not the seventh best team, was to prop Bama up should they have lost to UGA. And now they put them at 10 so they can still say Bama beat a top 10 team.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're probably right. I don't like it, because I do think Oklahoma has a more impressive record, and would beat them on a neutral field, and frankly I'd rather watch Bama beat Oklahoma 63-30 than watch Ohio State lose 35-0 in a similar game to 2016. But yeah, I think the committee jumps OU. I think they're really sketchy, and manipulate the rankings to help defend their final decision. For example, I think leaving LSU at 7, when, while they're good, are clearly not the seventh best team, was to prop Bama up should they have lost to UGA. And now they put them at 10 so they can still say Bama beat a top 10 team.
Absolutely 0 reason to think OSU would get shut out by Bama if you think Oklahoma would score 30. Just stupid logic.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are many on here that would call you a conspiracy theorist.

crimsontater

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if ou blows out texas i dont think theres anything tosu can do to jump them. now, if ou wins by single digits and tosu wins by 30, you may very well see them jump to the 4th spot. if both lose? smh.... i have no clue.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither Oklahoma nor Ohio St. has an impressive out-of-conference win. The Sooner's best is their 28-21 OT win over a 9-2 Army team. Their best in-conference wins were over the two teams that tied for third place in the Big 12 - Iowa St. (7-4) & West Virginia (8-3).

OSU's best non-conference win was 42-6 over a 6-6 Tulane team that was in a 3-way tie for first place in the AAC West (Memphis won the tie-breaker in that division, even though they lost to Tulane head-to-head). The Buckeyes did have impressive in-conference wins over Big/East #2 Michigan (10-2) & Big/East #3 Penn St.

On the other side of the ledger, Oklahoma has the best loss - sort of: (48-45 to B-12 #2 Texas, who finished 9-3, but lost to the #5 team from the Big 10 East). The Buckeyes lost to a 6-6 Purdue team that was in a 3-way tie for 2nd place in the Big 10 West that had been beaten at home by a Missouri team that tied for 4th place in the SEC East, and to an Eastern Michigan team that was in a 3-way tie for 2nd place in the MAC West. Purdue was the only one of the top 4 teams out of the Big/West that Ohio St. faced this year & they lost to them by 29 points.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't watch too much college football, do you?

i do actually and I think UCF are a good team but they wouldn't be undefeated if they played a power five schedule. If Alabama lose to Georgia you can't tell me they are better than Alabama. I also don't think they are better than Oklahoma, Ohio State or Georgia for that matter. If they played only power five for non-conference games they would have a much better shot at getting in.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with McKenzie Milton UCF would have actually gotten the 4th spot if OU/OhioSt. both lose. Without him I think it would be UGA.
with all three of them losing they would have had a chance with Milton.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how well that would work out. Those leagues don't need another non-conference loss.

They don't need one SEC schools don't want to risk one.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how well that would work out. Those leagues don't need another non-conference loss.

Yes, because playing some shit G5 team automatically means a loss for most of those teams in those conferences. :L

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who uses "when we played " ranked wins is an idiot.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's a dumbass because until recently most of the conferences did have 8 game schedules and it didn't make a shit bit of difference in the rankings.

If it means so much, why does the ACC only have 2 ranked teams in the top25?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only thing that needs manipulating would be to cover up Clemson's shitty as schedule. In a P5 conference and having a SoS ranked #100 is fucking pathetic.

You're lowering the bar so much UCF is soon going to have an argument.

Fucking dumbass. Like they need to manipulate things for Alabama. Your team is the one that shouldn't even be in the playoffs if SoS mattered the way it should, even undefeated.