• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4th CFP Rankings

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An undefeated UCF shoudl be in over any two-loss team.

I know that won't happen because the system is rigged, but that is what should happen.

UCF won't be undefeated after Darryl Henderson runs all over them and UCF's third string QB has to play.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF won't be undefeated after Darryl Henderson runs all over them and UCF's third string QB has to play.

Can't even spell the guy-you-think-is-gonna-run-all-over-UCF's name. He ran for 200 yards last game, but that Tigers' defense needs to be able to stop our offense this time around in order to win the game.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't even spell the guy-you-think-is-gonna-run-all-over-UCF's name. He ran for 200 yards last game, but that Tigers' defense needs to be able to stop our offense this time around in order to win the game.

Spell it how you want, but Memphis only lost by a point first time around

How’s UCF’s QB situation? Same QB from first matchup?

NEXT

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spell it how you want, but Memphis only lost by a point first time around

How’s UCF’s QB situation? Same QB from first matchup?

NEXT

We will be okay without Milton.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also have no idea how Iowa State is ranked while Iowa isn't.

i guess cuz state was 2-2 against ranked opponents. Iowa was 0-2 and the state win over WVU was pretty big. State started out slow this season but then turned it on pretty strong.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess cuz state was 2-2 against ranked opponents. Iowa was 0-2 and the state win over WVU was pretty big. State started out slow this season but then turned it on pretty strong.
Iowa beat Iowa State by 10. Also, Iowa State only has 1 ranked win, over WVU. In fact, the WVU win is their only win against a team with a winning record all season.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa beat Iowa State by 10. Also, Iowa State only has 1 ranked win, over WVU. In fact, the WVU win is their only win against a team with a winning record all season.

They beat Oklahoma State when the Cowboys were ranked and that's typically how they look at it. Iowa was definitely playing better than State early in the season when they met but state was the better team in the second half of the Season. I'm sure that played a part in what what they were looking at.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They beat Oklahoma State when the Cowboys were ranked and that's typically how they look at it. Iowa was definitely playing better than State early in the season when they met but state was the better team in the second half of the Season. I'm sure that played a part in what what they were looking at.
I don't know anyone who looks at beating a 6-6 team as a "ranked win". Rankings at the time of the game are meaningless, otherwise OSU would have 4 ranked wins this year, which they obviously don't have. Also in the 2nd half of the season, they lost the only actual tough game they had. They were basically just facing the bottom half of the Big 12 other than Texas. Still makes no sense, especially considering Iowa beat them by 10 already and has the same record.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know anyone who looks at beating a 6-6 team as a "ranked win". Rankings at the time of the game are meaningless, otherwise OSU would have 4 ranked wins this year, which they obviously don't have. Also in the 2nd half of the season, they lost the only actual tough game they had. They were basically just facing the bottom half of the Big 12 other than Texas. Still makes no sense, especially considering Iowa beat them by 10 already and has the same record.

eh, i think its' smart to look at the opponents' strength at the time they play. For example, look at Missouri. They weren't very good in the first half of the season but they really came on strong and started clicking late in the season. They are a different team now than they were in September. And, that's the case with a lot of teams so it should be considered as a factor.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, i think its' smart to look at the opponents' strength at the time they play. For example, look at Missouri. They weren't very good in the first half of the season but they really came on strong and started clicking late in the season. They are a different team now than they were in September. And, that's the case with a lot of teams so it should be considered as a factor.
Right, and they're ranked now. I'd say that goes more against the "ranking at the time they play" thing.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TCU was ranked when Ohio St played them? Do they get credit for a ranked win? They shouldn’t

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, and they're ranked now. I'd say that goes more against the "ranking at the time they play" thing.

I keep hearing Oklahoma has more ranked wins. Against who? Lol

Ohio St has: Penn St and Michigan. Those teams are still ranked. Did have TCU and MSU

Oklahoma has: West Virginia and Iowa St. Did have Oklahoma St. and Iowa St became ranked later.

So Ohio St has 2 and Oklahoma has 2.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU was ranked when Ohio St played them? Do they get credit for a ranked win? They shouldn’t

granted, the early season rankings can get a little squirrely when teams haven't really played anyone yet so that has to be taken into consideration. When ISU beat OkSt, it was week 6 and OkSt had already beaten a ranked BSU so they were playing pretty well. ohio state played TCU week 3 when TCU had only played a couple of pre-season games.

Regardless, we could go around and around about this all day. You and Across have your opinion on the subject. I have mine. We aren't going to change each others' minds.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio St - vs Top 10 - 2-0
Vs Top 30 - 2-0
SOS - 43

Oklahoma - vs Top 10 - 0-0
Vs Top 30 - 2-1
SOS - 37

SOS is kinda stupid though, really dont even look at that as a huge factor imo unless there is a huge disparity

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing Oklahoma has more ranked wins. Against who? Lol

Ohio St has: Penn St and Michigan. Those teams are still ranked. Did have TCU and MSU

Oklahoma has: West Virginia and Iowa St. Did have Oklahoma St. and Iowa St became ranked later.

So Ohio St has 2 and Oklahoma has 2.
And their best win is ranked 4 spots behind our 2nd best win. I think the committee is setting it up to jump OSU ahead of they beat NW convincingly. It also explains why they have Texas much lower than the AP/Coaches.