• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4) Oklahoma City Thunder vs 5) Utah Jazz

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really thought OKC's Big 3 would have played better last night.

Russ: 7-18 (0-3 from downtown) 23 points, 5 TO's
Melo: 5-18 (0-6 from downtown) 11 points
George: 9-21 (2-9 from downtown) 32 points, 6 TO's

Now those #'s are no bueno.

Westbrook shouldn't be shooting 3's. PG and Melo just shot bad.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it possible to have a correct fit with Westbrook?

I think so, but you need high level role players and an optimal big.

I think Steven Adams is actually a perfect fit for Westbrook. But I think Westbrook should play the 2 and have another functional PG next to him for defensive assignments and to facilitate offense. Or at least have another player on the offense who can set up an offense

PG: Patrick Beverly
SG: Russell Westbrook
SF: Robert Covington
PF: Draymond Green
C: Steven Adams

You'd have Draymond to keep Westbrook in check and to help facilitate the offense, which you could run through him. You wouldn't have to rely on Russ having to set up teammates. Beverly and Covington are really good spot up 3 point shooters, which give Russ space to operate, without demanding touches. On top of that you had 4 elite defenders.

I don't think you can really pair Westbrook with another real superstar player because their styles will not mesh correctly. What you need are high level role players and someone who can reign Westbrook in when he's going full Russ mode. For all the shit that OKC fans give Draymond, he would actually be a perfect fit next to Westbrook(as he would almost any team).

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Draymond would be ideal next to Westbrook. Look at how many times in their brief history together that he's gotten in Durant's face. Draymond is a competitor and he'd be sure to make sure Westbrook was under control for the benefit of the team.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook shouldn't be shooting 3's. PG and Melo just shot bad.

I was really surprised at how many long 2's Westbrook is taking too. Rubio is obviously baiting him by going under the screens. He's playing right into their hands. He needs to be in attack mode at all times.

What I will say is that Donovan needs to adapt to this. Instead of running an on ball screen for Russ, run him off the ball and let him attack the basket with a running start.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really thought OKC's Big 3 would have played better last night.

Russ: 7-18 (0-3 from downtown) 23 points, 5 TO's
Melo: 5-18 (0-6 from downtown) 11 points
George: 9-21 (2-9 from downtown) 32 points, 6 TO's

Now those #'s are no bueno.
Yea these #s are unacceptable from a big 3. Honestly people were asking why we were focusing a lot of the blame on RW for the losses. He's the only constant on this team besides Adams, therefore whom else should be considered the leader? It's time RW take a step back & really think about his game & where he could tweak it in order to get the best out of his team mates.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Draymond would be ideal next to Westbrook. Look at how many times in their brief history together that he's gotten in Durant's face. Draymond is a competitor and he'd be sure to make sure Westbrook was under control for the benefit of the team.

Draymond doesn’t have a tough bone in his body.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he's said he wants to live and play in LA, but has he ever said it's going to be for the Lakers?
So the Clippers is what you're thinking???? :lol:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get Rubio and Mitchell mixed up because they look so much alike.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea these #s are unacceptable from a big 3. Honestly people were asking why we were focusing a lot of the blame on RW for the losses. He's the only constant on this team besides Adams, therefore whom else should be considered the leader? It's time RW take a step back & really think about his game & where he could tweak it in order to get the best out of his team mates.

Do you see OKC's Big 3 playing together next year? I don't. And I'm sure by their expectations this season has been a disappointment.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you see OKC's Big 3 playing together next year? I don't. And I'm sure by their expectations this season has been a disappointment.
No. I think if PG is smart he's on the next thing smoking out of OKC. Russ is making the game harder for them all. But this is why I said they need a true PG - and @CitySushi has also said it. Russ isn't a pass first type of guy. He craves the spot light, therefore he will never understand that winning in this league will require him to give some of that up. Question is how many guys will he run off before he gets it?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond doesn’t have a tough bone in his body.
1i9b50.jpg

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I think if PG is smart he's on the next thing smoking out of OKC. Russ is making the game harder for them all. But this is why I said they need a true PG - and @CitySushi has also said it. Russ isn't a pass first type of guy. He craves the spot light, therefore he will never understand that winning in this league will require him to give some of that up. Question is how many guys will he run off before he gets it?

He may never get it. He's in his 10th year & hasn't changed yet. He's an incredibly talented players but there are plenty of talented players in the HOF that are ringless. I hope for his own legacy he reaches his ultimate goal. But right now I wouldn't bet on it.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Annnnnd, how'd that work out?

I was actually just replying to op's comment. But I'm pretty sure rubio didn't have a good game. Westbrook got a couple of cheap fouls. I'm not sure what your point is other than maybe wanting to make a comment.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually just replying to op's comment. But I'm pretty sure rubio didn't have a good game. Westbrook got a couple of cheap fouls. I'm not sure what your point is other than maybe wanting to make a comment.
My point is RW is arguably their best defender (especially with Robertson out) and you waste him on Rubio 2/3 of the night?

So I'll ask again, how'd that work out?
Here is your answer - they got ran out of the gym even without Rubio scoring much - which isn't his strong suit anyways. Major fail my friend.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is RW is arguably their best defender (especially with Robertson out) and you waste him on Rubio 2/3 of the night?

So I'll ask again, how'd that work out?
Here is your answer - they got ran out of the gym even without Rubio scoring much - which isn't his strong suit anyways. Major fail my friend.

I don't see how I failed. OP was saying that Westbrook didn't shut down Donovan. I said I thought he was talking about rubio. How did I fail? You have issues.