• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(4) Nashville Predators vs. (5) Detroit Red Wings Series Thread

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Bird man and other Winged Wheel fanatics.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We were fucked once the trade deadline was over.

Kyle Quincy = Jonathan E. with slightly bigger balls. (albeit they are still marble sized)

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Better to get knocked out first than next to last. More time to think, prepare, and rest up for next year.

We WILL reload....

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better to get knocked out first than next to last. More time to think, prepare, and rest up for next year.

We WILL reload....

Wings have a boatload of cap space...It should be interesting to see what Holland pulls off.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wings have a boatload of cap space...It should be interesting to see what Holland pulls off.

That's what we said at the trade deadline.:der:

BUT, I think your right. It should be interesting after this first round exit. Pretty sure we will see some vintage Holland at work. Babcock might be the one to ensure this. He's cemented in his job firmly and should have more Bowman like control of the team off the ice.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need one top 6 forward and need to bring in 3 defensemen, assuming Lids and Stuart leave.

I would give my left nut for a player like Ryan Callahan!

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holland has to do something.

Last time that we lost in the second round 2 years in a row and then the 1st round, holland dramatically overhauled the roster and they won the cup the next year (2002)

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Datsyuk Zetterberg Franzen Cleary Filppula Bertuzzi
Eaves Miller Emmerton Nyquist Ericsson Kronwall White Howard Macdonald are all signed and played significant time this year

Helm, Abdelkader, Hudler, Conklin, Homer, Lidstrom, Quincey and Stuart are all free agents. Bolded players are RFAs.

We have approximately 21 million in cap space

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can understand not doing anything at the trade deadline. the team was rolling at that time. but a 1st round loss stings, and with 21 mil in cap space, there will be shit gone down.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brendan Smith should definitely start so that could be one of the empty defense spot

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
21bkqix.jpg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dammit... now what I wanted. What are you going to do though, we can't win it every year. Hopefully Holland finds a way to reload this summer and beef up the D. Kronwall, Quincey, and Ericsson all need someone to hold their hand while on the ice.

All they have to do is lace Kronwall's skates together, so that he can't chase opposing players all over the defensive zone, and I think he'll be better, especially if he can get his jollies off knocking players on their asses in front of Jimmy. Man, won't that be a brand new revelation for this team?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We could be looking at the loss of Stuart and Lidstrom this offseason... that leaves us pretty thin.

White-Kronwall
Quincey-Ericsson
Kindl-UFA/Smith

I'm sure Holland wants to "season" Smith a little longer, but he looks like a long term fixture on D. We need help NOW though. Not a ton out on there on the UFA list, either... pretty much Suter, Wideman, then it drops off hard. I would like to see Holland gun for Suter (I know, I've been talking about it for... two years now?) and Jason Garrison out of FLA. That would beef things up significantly.

I think this year with Lidstrom really getting his ice time cut, it's taking a toll on the other defensemen. White can't really hold is own on a first pairing, he needs an ice time horse next to him. Lidstrom is not that anymore. Kronwall and Stuart are a second pairing, not a 1A pairing, that was too much pressure. I still don't know what to think about Ericsson. I know certain factions get mad when people rip on him, I guess my big problem with him is the contract. Holland once said "I don't pay stay at home defensemen more than a million a year, you need to be a puck moving, offensive guy to earn that money. Defensive defensemen are all over the place, there's no reason to give them much more than a mill (paraphrasing)". So what the hell is Ericsson? He's making over three a year, but he seems to have a 15 point ceiling in the NHL. I suppose you could argue he will break out given the chance, but I sure don't see it. He doesn't have the greatest shot, he doesn't have good passing vision, and he makes a ton of mistakes in his own zone. I know this would confuse him to know end, but I would rather see him moved up front. Anyways, done with the tangent, if Holland can't land Suter we need to trade for a defenseman. Only problem is there aren't many teams willing to part with a top pairing defenseman... bastards.

The other thing about Ericsson is that he doesn't read the play quickly enough, and that is necessity for a good backender to be able to do. One of the first priorities at this level, is to be able to read the play with immediacy, then react appropriately. And, there in lies the problem with him. He doesn't read them well or quickly enough, and his reaction response, although better than last season, is still not adequate for the role that he must fulfill on a Red Wings team.

Also, there are times that he either hits an opponent or is being hit, where he goes backwards or down to the ice. That seems strange to me, as does the similar instances with some of the other players. I think that the organization needs to put the spotlight on the strength program and investigate what is going on there.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Datsyuk Zetterberg Franzen Cleary Filppula Bertuzzi
Eaves Miller Emmerton Nyquist Ericsson Kronwall White Howard Macdonald are all signed and played significant time this year

Helm, Abdelkader, Hudler, Conklin, Homer, Lidstrom, Quincey and Stuart are all free agents. Bolded players are RFAs.

We have approximately 21 million in cap space

I don't see Helm going anywhere, and I'm rather certain that Hudler earned his right to stick around here, although he still has issues taking passes and finishing many of the time. But, I hope the Nick returns, but, I think that the other players that you mentioned will be leaving the nest, one way or another.

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh. holland sucks at drafting in the 1st round anyways :D

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
meh. holland sucks at drafting in the 1st round anyways :D

Take the best available player in the first round, if he is confused, when their name is called. Make sure he has speed and is intelligent, or take someone that is lights out in the circle, with reflexes like a cobra

And, if noone like that is available, then just take the player who can pick your pocket with his stick, snag a twenty out of the wallet, then slip a ten and two fives back in with the other bills, and return it back into your pocket, only with his stick, before you can blink an eye. Andersson hs one of those guys on his list doesn't he?