• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4 more years of Jason Witten

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he really only 34? He runs like he's 44.

Definitely a HOF player, but no way he plays 4 more years. This is a cap move as others have said.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty old for that long of an extension, but I don't know much about his health.
The extension doesn't include any addiotional $$$ so this is a non issue. If he has a career ending injury he retires and the contract is done.
Now there is a possibility they may push some money into a future year for cap relief, but that will only happen if the team needs cap space NOW, as of right now they don't need that cap space.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was not jason witten last year.
Yeah he was. If Romo played 16, he'd have thrown for 4500 and Witten would have been hid favorite target. Zeke being around is gonna help Jason play at a high level because he's gonna see something he hasn't seen since he's been here...single man coverage

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Cowboys fan, but a fan of Jason Witten.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Witten is definitely part of the suddenly expanding group that can be called HOF TE's. All class too from what I can tell.

Top rated man for sure. Not only what he has overcome, but what he has become.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Added bonus to this signing is when Dallas drafts a TE as the replacement to JW, he's got an eventual future HOF to watch and learn from.

I always wonder how much this actually matters. I think it all depends on the players involved. Such as no QB playing behind Peyton Manning has turned into much of anything. In fact many do think he was very counter to any QB developing behind him because he took extra snaps during practice instead of letting the back up get some time. It doesn't sound like he spent any time with any of the back ups to help develop their game. Same with Brady.

On the other hand I know as a Bronco fan that D. Ware spent a lot of time with Miller discussing football and how to improve his game. Heck he would work with coaches and offensive players to help develop their game and pass on his wisdom. Same with Champ Bailey as Chris Harris credits Champ with helping turn him into the player he is today as a top-5 CB in the league.

Like I said it just depends on the player involved. Not sure Witten wants some rookie coming in knowing he is very much at the end of his career and teaching him all the little tricks. All he would be doing is speeding up the process of getting cut.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always wonder how much this actually matters. I think it all depends on the players involved. Such as no QB playing behind Peyton Manning has turned into much of anything. In fact many do think he was very counter to any QB developing behind him because he took extra snaps during practice instead of letting the back up get some time. It doesn't sound like he spent any time with any of the back ups to help develop their game. Same with Brady.

Like I said it just depends on the player involved. Not sure Witten wants some rookie coming in knowing he is very much at the end of his career and teaching him all the little tricks. All he would be doing is speeding up the process of getting cut.

Martellus Bennett has spoke a little on this subject regarding Witten. Basically saying that Witten was not very enthusiastic about working with young Martellus Bennett.

While that's not what you want to hear, you also have to consider the source. That said, I can see a no-nonsense guy like Witten not warming up to a, at the time, very immature Bennett.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martellus Bennett has spoke a little on this subject regarding Witten. Basically saying that Witten was not very enthusiastic about working with young Martellus Bennett.

While that's not what you want to hear, you also have to consider the source. That said, I can see a no-nonsense guy like Witten not warming up to a, at the time, very immature Bennett.
yep....Bennett just wasn't his cup of tea....seeing how each approaches the game, most understandable

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well the good thing for Witten is he looks like he is running knee deep in mud, but still gets open.
So he doesnt have to worry about losing a step. he never had the step to lose. So his age wont matter unless he starts getting injured.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Witten gets open with footwork and positioning - that's it. At this point, he is doing more with less, than most guys in the NFL. And still doing it at a high level, despite what the counting stats may indicate.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree with you guys on the Witten/Bennett dynamic. I think if the Cowboys brought in a young player that practiced hard and wanted to learn from Witten how to do things the "right way" he would be there and that was clearly not Bennett. I think if you asked Hannah, Swaim and Escobar how Witten was as a teammate you may get a different answer than you did from Bennett. We hear from players of all different positions how great of a teammate he is. I think Bennett is funny and like reading his quotes, but let's be honest...he is almost as big of an asshole as his brother is...

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Added bonus to this signing is when Dallas drafts a TE as the replacement to JW, he's got an eventual future HOF to watch and learn from.

Will always remember that when Parcells drafted Witten, he made it a point to bring Mark Bavaro down to tutor him. Shows what the Big Tuna thought of a rookie that he would bring one of his very best old players in to show him the ropes.