• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4/28 GDT Giants @ Pads

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still early, etc.

I am a little worried about the offense and pitching.

Last year the "O" scored 4.4 runs per game. This season so far it is 4.2 (- 0.2)

Last year the pitching gave up 4.0 runs per game. This season so far it is 4.2 (+ 0.2)

Our hitting with RISP has been bad for the last week or so, except for Saturday's game.

Scoots needs a rest, perhaps. I wonder what Crawford would do in the #2 hole. Posey seems to be heating up.

Timmy has had a couple of good starts, but Cain and Vogey have crapped the bed big time. Zito was bad the other day, but his defense let him down, and it unraveled in a hurry. Bullpen has been mostly solid.

Giving up way too many homeruns, and two out hits.

Still early, though. But getting swept by the 6-15 Padres is pretty awful, and ought to get someone's attention.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Filo 1-0
DK7000 3-1
tzill 5-2
GiantsPackers 2-2
Cal 1-1
SFGiantsRBest 1-1
ColinColby 0-0
EpicVoid 0-0
EricSmith 0-0
GP 0-0
Heath 0-0
IHateDodgers 0-0
Marco 0-0
MSG 0-0
Mays-Fan 0-1
Freeport22 0-2
Stokes 0-2

Welcome to the cellar, Freeport! Hope your stay isn't as long as mine has been.

Which GDT poster will break us out of our 5 game losing streak?

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, echoing the earlier posts, its way too early to make any sweeping declarations.

For me, the first couple of months of the season is all about making minor adjustments to evaluate the team as a whole as see if any major changes are necessary.

The past two Tim starts are encouraging and Cain should come around soon.

There's been so much Bay Area sports going on that my attention's been divided (Warriors playoffs, Sharks gearing up for playoffs and the 49ers draft)

One thing that's showing itself early, the NL West may be more than a two team race.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, weird to say but the defending champs are the ones being overshadowed in their own city right now.

They need to step it up and keep pace lol!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, echoing the earlier posts, its way too early to make any sweeping declarations.

For me, the first couple of months of the season is all about making minor adjustments to evaluate the team as a whole as see if any major changes are necessary.

The past two Tim starts are encouraging and Cain should come around soon.

There's been so much Bay Area sports going on that my attention's been divided (Warriors playoffs, Sharks gearing up for playoffs and the 49ers draft)

One thing that's showing itself early, the NL West may be more than a two team race.

The old adage is:

The first two months determines what you have; the second two what you need; and the last two who you are.

The lads will be fine.