• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4-0

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do want to give credit to Kelly and the Offensive staff credit. Kelly gets bashed a lot on this board but to be honest he has been really good this year and what he is doing to this offense is amazing with all these injuries. We have lost our starting RB, QB, and TE. Most coaches would be in trouble.

Kizer is not great but also not scared of the moment. If he doesn't turnover the ball we have a shot.

We need D to play a lot better to have any chance to beat Clemson or USC.

We should start the CJ Prosise Heisman Campaign. This guy is a Beast.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the thing I took away from this game is the by and large right now the offense is showing up ready to go and the defense wasn't looking at UMass as a real opponent. Like the UMass coach said at the start of the game Notre Dame was sleepwalking through the game and then they woke them up. That is the sort of thing that can't happen against teams like Clemson or really anyone left on the schedule or they'll have one in the loss column.
I don't think that will happen. This team understands what this game means. This team had major Goal of making the playoffs and winning the national championship. They will get up for this one.
The real question is ND legit or will the players get nervous. I don't think effort is going to be the problem.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We played like shit in our only road game and this is Kizer first road start in a crazy environment. Must count on the defense and run game in order to win
Yes Run game is your best friend on the road. Special teams is going to be big in this game.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not scared of Clemson at all.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not scared of Clemson at all.
IF we so banged up I would agree with you. Their secondary is good. Only chance of us winning is Running the ball and D playing a lot better. Win turnover battle.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not scared of Clemson, I'm scared of ND. (don't you hate when people say crap like that). But seriously, Clemson hasn't been impressive this year and while the fans think they are playoff material, they haven't looked like it to me. We have had a ton of injuries, but so have they. They say that their center is out until their Ga. tech game (not sure I believe it). Their top WR is out, their best O-lineman went to the nfl in the supplemental draft. Their offense runs through their QB a lot more than ours does. You may see Jaylon mirroring Deshaun Watson ( I hate that tactic with our best player) but in any event, I think we have been much more impressive than they have.

All that said, I am much more concerned about their D than their offense. With all their losses, they still rank among the top defenses in the country. (I think they only gave up 12 yards rushing to Louisiville) And I expect them to keep getting better the more they play together. Hopefully Kizer and Wimbush don't get rattled by the environment there and we can take the crowd out of the game early. I am really looking forward to this game.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not scared of Clemson, I'm scared of ND. (don't you hate when people say crap like that). But seriously, Clemson hasn't been impressive this year and while the fans think they are playoff material, they haven't looked like it to me. We have had a ton of injuries, but so have they. They say that their center is out until their Ga. tech game (not sure I believe it). Their top WR is out, their best O-lineman went to the nfl in the supplemental draft. Their offense runs through their QB a lot more than ours does. You may see Jaylon mirroring Deshaun Watson ( I hate that tactic with our best player) but in any event, I think we have been much more impressive than they have.

All that said, I am much more concerned about their D than their offense. With all their losses, they still rank among the top defenses in the country. (I think they only gave up 12 yards rushing to Louisiville) And I expect them to keep getting better the more they play together. Hopefully Kizer and Wimbush don't get rattled by the environment there and we can take the crowd out of the game early. I am really looking forward to this game.
Im so fired up for this game. Some trash talking has started between Clemson D backs and Fuller and Brown. Some fun stuff. I think they are friends so Im ok with it. Im not of a fan of players talking smack unless they back it up and win because if not it looks bad.

Im haven't been this fired up in awhile. Last year going into the big game I was excited but knew the team wasn't ready. I know we had injuries but this team has be believing because when we take the field we have the better WR and RB then others. Thats big to have big skill positions with better talent.

ND_loyal son

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I watch this ND team the more I like them. I feel like they are really becoming a team instead of a group of individuals simply wearing the same jerseys. We have some real talent, and some players who can win a game or two with spectacular plays at the right time (Fuller vs. UVA and Procise vs. GT), but we don't have a Leonard Fournette or a Trevone Boykin who can single-handedly go out and win game after game on their own with an amazing individual performance. I sort of like that though. The D hasn't looked great at times, but they've come through when needed and stepped up at times too. This week against UMASS we had 8 different players (4 true freshmen) score a touchdown including 1 on special teams. I guess I like what is turning out to be the well-rounded nature of this team. It just feels like we have enough playmakers that someone can step up and provide what's needed at any time. Sometimes it may be the offense, sometimes the defense and sometimes special teams. I just hope we can put it all together in the big games when it counts.

GO IRISH! Beat Clemson!

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly Clemson haven't been so impressive that people should be scared of them sure could Notre Dame lose yes but Clemson is very beatable and Notre Dame has looked more impressive. Also they've played Wofford and Appalachian State so that will help make the defense look better and Louisville is a mess offensively, in short they haven't played a team as good as Notre Dame offensively.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I watch this ND team the more I like them. I feel like they are really becoming a team instead of a group of individuals simply wearing the same jerseys. We have some real talent, and some players who can win a game or two with spectacular plays at the right time (Fuller vs. UVA and Procise vs. GT), but we don't have a Leonard Fournette or a Trevone Boykin who can single-handedly go out and win game after game on their own with an amazing individual performance. I sort of like that though. The D hasn't looked great at times, but they've come through when needed and stepped up at times too. This week against UMASS we had 8 different players (4 true freshmen) score a touchdown including 1 on special teams. I guess I like what is turning out to be the well-rounded nature of this team. It just feels like we have enough playmakers that someone can step up and provide what's needed at any time. Sometimes it may be the offense, sometimes the defense and sometimes special teams. I just hope we can put it all together in the big games when it counts.

GO IRISH! Beat Clemson!
CJ has been the same as Fournette so I have to disagree with u a little. Plus we have one of the best Olines in the country.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ has been the same as Fournette so I have to disagree with u a little. Plus we have one of the best Olines in the country.

Fournette has run for more yards per game maybe not as many yards total but he's played one less game. Overall they have been very close and I believe CJ is faster than Fournette which doesn't mean Fournette is slow.

ND_loyal son

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comment wasn't meant to act as a "knock" against CJ. Without a doubt he has been great (and I try not to overuse that term). My point was more that Fournette and Boykin are the "Bell Cow" players for their teams. Their teams go, as they go, those players are the "coal that makes their train roll." I was just getting at the point that we are more well rounded in my opinion and we don't have to rely on any one player/position/side of the ball/etc. to carry us all the way. :2cents:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fournette has run for more yards per game maybe not as many yards total but he's played one less game. Overall they have been very close and I believe CJ is faster than Fournette which doesn't mean Fournette is slow.
Don't get me wrong Fournette is the better RB but overall they are close this year. CJ has the same amount of time as Fournette in playing time. Remember Folston was the starter and then he came in and then last week he didn't play the 2nd half.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comment wasn't meant to act as a "knock" against CJ. Without a doubt he has been great (and I try not to overuse that term). My point was more that Fournette and Boykin are the "Bell Cow" players for their teams. Their teams go, as they go, those players are the "coal that makes their train roll." I was just getting at the point that we are more well rounded in my opinion and we don't have to rely on any one player/position/side of the ball/etc. to carry us all the way. :2cents:
I agree with the well rounded term. We have Oline, Fuller and CJ on offense. I think by year end Jones will be good. Plus throw in all the other WRs.

This Clemson game is going to come down to our D. They need to play their best game and Kizer needs to manage this game right. No turnovers.