• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

3rd Saturday in October thoughts...

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction...

With Tennessee coming into Tuscaloosa without their starting QB and Star WR Justin Hunter, this game is gonna get ugly. Derick Dooley is a good coach, and I'm sure he'll have these guys prepared to play us, but that shit will likely be out the window by the end of the 1st. We're gonna beat them down with Richardson, and I think AJ will have a great day passing the ball. Defensively I think it's gonna be about normal. They might score early on us and then tack on another field goal in junk time.

I think Bama takes it, 42-10.

:violin: :rip:

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna squeeze Big Orange into nothingness, 51-3

Sad when I can't even get pumped up about the 3rd week in October, Tennessee sucks.

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Should be a blow out, but they will come to play. Hopefully we can avoid another 2009 type game. I don't think my heart can take another one of those. Plus I think that game did some permanent trauma to my daughter. When Mt. Cody blocked that punt I scooped her up, kissed and her and ran around the living room with her dangling in my arms. She screamed so loud! LOL, She was only a year and a half old... Poor girl... Now that she is a little older she is a Bama fan though. One day she asked me "Daddy, what does football say?" She asks that about anything she doesn't understand yet. So I told her, "Football says, Roll Tide." She's been sayin Roll Tide ever since.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a blow out, but they will come to play. Hopefully we can avoid another 2009 type game. I don't think my heart can take another one of those. Plus I think that game did some permanent trauma to my daughter. When Mt. Cody blocked that punt I scooped her up, kissed and her and ran around the living room with her dangling in my arms. She screamed so loud! LOL, She was only a year and a half old... Poor girl... Now that she is a little older she is a Bama fan though. One day she asked me "Daddy, what does football say?" She asks that about anything she doesn't understand yet. So I told her, "Football says, Roll Tide." She's been sayin Roll Tide ever since.

Lol...that's awesome. I actually went outside and cried a little bit after that game. :lol:

SouthPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

brainwashed :decision:

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can think about regarding this game is that the last time Tenn came to Bryant Denny we were supposed to destroy them but we only escaped. We should beat them by 30+, but this is still a rivalry so anything us possiable.

If we play like we should:
Bama 38
Tenn 6

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can think about regarding this game is that the last time Tenn came to Bryant Denny we were supposed to destroy them but we only escaped. We should beat them by 30+, but this is still a rivalry so anything us possiable.

Bama 38
Tenn 6

I think there is one thing that makes this years team a little better than the 09 team, and that's offense in my opinion. This is the first year in a while that I actually feel confident when our offense is on the field, and I think the defense is as good as the 09 defense. They could play us tough like that again, but I think our team is better because of that happening and talent wise.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game would be sooo much more hype if we had Bray/Hunter.

Bama -27
UT- 14

I hear ya SouthLand... and you may be right, I just don't think UT can score 2 TD's on Bama.... Arky has been the only one to do it so far & UT's offense is no Arky.

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bama 38
Tenn 6

winner this week!

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
winner this week!

That was a great call, and we played like crap in the first half. If we actually played like we should all game, it would've been worse..lol.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we played like crap in the first half.

Ive seen this said a lot on diff boards but i respectfully disagree, to some degree at least. Our defense played well stopping them several times making them go for it on 4th downs twice in the first half as well as go for a fake punt. We actually played punt safe on the fake, if you watch the linebackers and line they dont move, Kirkpatrick just wasnt on his man. Because of the risks they took in the first half, and nice starting field position they were able to get 2 field goals, one of which was from 52 yards. In other words a lot of favorable things had to fall in line just for them to score 6 points.

On offense they were playing a break but dont bend offense (much like we play) stuffing the box and putting their CBs on islands. TR made some great hard runs through traffic the entire game but you arent going to win too many blow outs this way, if you dont believe me see the scores for 2009. The difference in the second half was McCarron finally found his accuracy and connected on some long balls forcing the defense to respect, adjust, and cover the entire field.

With LSU's talented CBs i expect to see a similar approach. So this was very good practice for McCarron much like the Auburn game was in 2009 for McElroy before he faced the unbeatable jaugernaut that was Tebow and the Florida Gators at that time.

Last edited by a moderator:

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was by far the worst half of football ive seen bama play all year... its like their give a fuck broke, and didnt get fixed until halftime!